The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 12-08-2012, 11:14 PM   #181
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
I'm sorry that you're an uninformed dolt; but, I'm not sorry about your finger.
Could you be any less clear? I don't think it's my reading comprehension that's at fault here, unless you're honestly calling the entire cellar too backwards to embrace trying to meet minimum standards of human decency, which is what it sounds like you're saying. and then saying i'm making life worse for somebody-or-other by calling oppression oppression? because that's too patently ridiculous even for you.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:17 PM   #182
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Attached Images

Old 12-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #183
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
You don't like the dismissive smilie response? It's classic Merc!
There, there. I don't want you to feel left out. I'm not sorry about your finger either.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #184
sexobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibby View Post
Could you be any less clear? I don't think it's my reading comprehension that's at fault here, unless you're honestly calling the entire cellar too backwards to embrace trying to meet minimum standards of human decency, which is what it sounds like you're saying. and then saying i'm making life worse for somebody-or-other by calling oppression oppression? because that's too patently ridiculous even for you.
You're boring me. Go away. I'm being entertained by Happy Monkey now. What can I say, I'm fickle.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #185
Ibby
erika

So you admit you're just being a troll. And here I was hoping for actual intellectual stimulation. Such is life on the internet.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:37 PM   #186
sexobon

Quote:
So you admit you're just being a troll. And here I was hoping for actual intellectual stimulation. Such is life on the internet.
Admit nothing. Deny, deny, deny and counter accuse. You've got a lot to learn you dumb cuntless.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:56 AM   #187
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Sexo, didn't you say you weren't going to respond to Ibs any more?
I thought that was a wise response.

Ibby I think you need to learn that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
I know you're doing it for a cause, but there's not much difference between visionaries and tyrants except history.
I don't think the Cellar is the right place for the battle you are fighting right now.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #188
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Does Ibby maybe have the slightest idea what she's talking about, having taken at least five college-level classes on various aspects of oppression/human rights
I took 6 years of French. Then I went to Montreal and found out it was worthless!

Quote:
If I am afraid, it is because
… I took classes that told me I should be, and taught me to recite it like poetry.

People with actual fear don't talk like that.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #189
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
I thought that was a wise response.

Ibby I think you need to learn that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
I know you're doing it for a cause, but there's not much difference between visionaries and tyrants except history.
I don't think the Cellar is the right place for the battle you are fighting right now.
It just may be the perfect place. She's practicing...honing her skills. She is writing that paper, so she is really immersed in it right now. Some people are getting their nose really bent out of shape but that's ok, this is the cellar afterall, and she will take her lumps for it.
Her passion may be getting in the way of her common sense, but it is understandable to me.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by Pico and ME; 12-09-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:29 AM   #190
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
I took 6 years of French. Then I went to Montreal and found out it was worthless!
So! You went to the real Canada and not the bullshit Canada! Good for you!

(yeah, the french they speak there is waaaaaay different. My mom spoke it for years with her sibs)
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #191
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Pico, nice and that, but ... "she".
Old 12-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #192
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Yup, she.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #193
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
No, Ibby, it's all about PEOPLE. You're the classic 'I love mankind, it's people I can't stand' Bolshevist. You relish your delicious vicarious victimization, when you've never experienced anything more painful than waiting for the seniors you sent out into the snow to buy you booze to return so you can double-check the receipts to make sure they didn't rip you off. Goddamned seniors need to be sent the way of Boxer once they outlive their usefulness in providing for your addictions, right?

Before you say one more thing, before you demand that one more human being on this planet do as you say, you need to be parachuted into some remote place where mommy and daddy don't pay for your booze and drugs and cheese, where you need to work your ass off to hopefully scrape a meagre meal at the end of the day, and then do it again for years ... where you will suffer serious physical harm for calling everyone who disagrees with you a CUNT ... where you need to shut your mouth and do more thinking, indulge in far less verbal diarrhea in the presence of people who have actually lived and suffered and grieved and persevered in the face of tons of 'unfairness'. Because life is unfair. Once you venture out from between your parents' legs you'll find that that's the case. And the best way of learning something about the world is to STFU and observe, and stop bleating your hubris into the darkness long enough to actually listen.

You need only look in the mirror to see a huge racist, sexist, heterophobic scumbag bigot. You've been well indoctrinated. You don't have a single original thought; everything you spew is worked-over rants from bigger minds and bigger souls than yours.

Let go of the parental lifeline and go live your life for ten years; then continue shutting up for ten more years; then maybe, maybe, think about saying something. Chances are it'll be something much more tempered, much more compassionate, than anything that has occurred to your fevered, drugged up little brain thus far.

I wouldn't have said any of this if I thought you were worthless. God help me, since I posted that no one is worthless you have challenged my statement every single day. Prove me wrong.
Have I told you lately how much I love you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
Ibby, that last post just lost you my respect. Childish, racist, and the message is self-centred and false.
For a smart guy you sometimes cotton-on to things slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Admit nothing. Deny, deny, deny and counter accuse. You've got a lot to learn you dumb cuntless.
The more you post Sexobon, the more your subtle humor reveals itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Yes, "je me souviens" actually means "I buy souvenirs"
Old 12-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #194
sexobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
I thought that was a wise response. ...
Allow me to clarify. I said that I wasn't going to intervene, not that I wasn't going to reply. It's whacko extremists like Ibby who refuse to have civil communication about anything with others whom they've judged to be impediments to their agendas. Nonintervention means I recognize that Ibby is at a place in her life where she treats people as resources to be strip mined to further her agendas and that for her the end justifies the means. I'm simply not going to be an enabler by communicating with Ibby at a level where she can glean insights into techniques that she obviously hasn't learned yet. It doesn't mean that I can't use her for my own entertainment, to which end my means are automatically justified, thus applying her standards for relationships back on her. I'm just a mirror: If Ibby doesn't like what she sees, she's always had the option of changing her appearance.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #195
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Yes, "je me souviens" actually means "I buy souvenirs"
I was told it means "I don't tip".
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote