The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 09-24-2003, 09:01 AM   #16
dave

Quote:
Originally posted by juju
K5 is really cool. It's Slashdot that's terrible.
k5 is cool in the same sense that Maggie is a man. Maggie <b>used</b> to be a man. k5 <b>used</b> to be cool.

This was back in about 1998 or so. 1999? The years blur together. But I digress. It's been a long time since it's been cool, and it's because of their "community". Everyone is an asshole. Or the people that post the most are. k5 is like a self-important Cellar with a hundred times the users. Everyone has this self-stroking intellectual masturbation thing going on, and it makes real discussion impossible.

It was good when it was smaller because it hadn't yet attracted those people. A few of them were there, but they were easy to ignore. It's long past critical mass. It needs to be dumped and started anew. The problem, of course, is that all the old people will sign up. And that ruins it again.
Old 11-21-2003, 05:22 PM   #17
phobia
Where am I?

Whatever happened to this? I kick myself every time I realize how far behind I am in IOTD.
phobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 05:31 PM   #18
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Sorry, I suck

I wrote it on my whiteboard though, so this in theory guarantees that I will look into it again and perhaps write it in another color on my whiteboard.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 05:44 PM   #19
juju
no one of consequence

I love my whiteboard. It makes it so easy to keep track of random thoughts, and it also helps reduce paper clutter. I actually got mine after seeing how cool Darclauz's was about 10 years ago.

Currently, it has baby feeding times and quantities on it. You've got to anticipate, see..
juju is offline   Reply With Quote