The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 11-20-2003, 01:21 PM   #1
april

Michael Jackson

He is in the hot seat now. He is one dumb guy. I'm still trying to figure out why it took them so long to finally catch the bastard.
april is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 01:27 PM   #2
Kitsune
still eats dirt

I don't know that he's done much wrong other than be a mental case and the target of nearly 1,000 lawsuits (or is it more, now?). The guy had a pretty miserable, abusive childhood, and now he's got tons of money and is trying to make up for it. If all he's done is to construct a weird fantasy world with an amusement park, he'll have done a lot better than most people who were so badly abused, which is to beat their own children. The guy is still "out there", however.

Is he actually breaking any laws with the children he invites in? Possibly, but there's been no evidence of it, yet.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 01:31 PM   #3
april

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/148...headlines=true

That explains the sickness of it all.
april is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 01:31 PM   #4
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Apparently you haven't read/heard any of the deposition of the kid that was bought off the last time he was accused of child molestation ...

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 01:38 PM   #5
Kitsune
still eats dirt

April -- the MTV article is interesting, but it seems to push the idea that it is widely believed that the parents of the children making the accusations are out for money.

Wolf -- I didn't hear much of the allegations from the previous incident and I'm only aware that there was an out-of-court settlement. All of it seems a bit weird, because if he did break laws then there should have been a criminal trial ending in jailtime and that never happened.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:41 PM   #6
dave

It never happened because the child refused to cooperate with investigators following the multi-million dollar settlement Jackson paid the family.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:50 PM   #7
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Page three. Lines 25-28.

Actually, the effect is much more horrifying if you read the whole thing from the beginning, and see the progression from innocent contact to clear molestation.

(in the event that this is moved from the "document of the day" before you get to view it ... search the smoking gun archives for michael jackson.)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 11-20-2003, 01:59 PM   #8
Kitsune
still eats dirt

That's some fucked-up stuff, Wolf. If its true, I hope he actually gets punished this time and charged with something.

"Rent-a-Wreck" -- where the stars rent their cars.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:04 PM   #9
wolf
lobber of scimitars

"How do you think I got so rich ..."

When I heard breaking news story regarding the accusation, my initial thought was "He's (Jackson's) gonna end up killing himself over this."

That's my prediction.

(Mostly I was annoyed over the Jackson story breaking yesterday, because it took a very important story out of the local headlines. (the full report ran only on the 5pm news, with 30 second versions on the later editions.)

Old 11-20-2003, 03:05 PM   #10
SouthOfNoNorth
Colloquialist

something interesting that i read.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Entertain...31120_736.html

seems that there is legislation now that could prevent mr. jackson from settling with the accuser this time. and it's a direct result of the last trial......a taste of irony for old mj, along with the opportunity for a taste of something else if he goes to jail for this one.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:09 PM   #11
FileNotFound
Intouch with his inner sheep rider.

I wonder if some jail time will turn him to ganga rap...he might even go back to being black...even sound catchy.. "MJ - Back2Black"

Ok I'll shut up now...
FileNotFound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 04:27 PM   #12
kerosene
Touring the facilities

I have to wonder if someone whose face mostly consists of man-made materials can taste or smell anything. I suppose it depends upon the amount of real tissue left.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 05:31 PM   #13
be-bop
Operations Operative

Michael jackson

Why are the authorities not arresting the parent's of these kids this is not a flippant suggestion..What the Fuck were they doing letting their kids get anywhere near him.
There must be some law about endangering your kids..Man they want to ban smoking in cars if kids are in the car with but its ok to go on a sleepover with a suspected child molester.Shit this world is totally fugazi....
be-bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 08:02 PM   #14
ThisOleMiss
Resident President

Agreeing with be-bop. The mere accusation should be enough for any parent to keep that freak from within 100 yards of their kids.

Question: Wonder if they let him keep his surgical mask in jail?
Old 11-20-2003, 08:04 PM   #15
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Re: Michael jackson

Quote:
Originally posted by be-bop
Shit this world is totally fugazi....
I like Minor Threat better.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote