The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-14-2015, 08:28 AM   #1111
Griff
still says videotape

War marketing and we're going to buy in.
Old 02-14-2015, 06:31 PM   #1112
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Wow - so many media reports and none of them mention that the number of ISIS fighters was: 8. So much hype and drama about American troops being in danger, even though they were across the very large base, a few km away. 8 dudes, seriously?
Old 02-17-2015, 01:53 AM   #1113
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
War marketing and we're going to buy in.
And not let truth get in the damn way, either.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:07 PM   #1114
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Goddammit. I am without a doubt the stupidest fucking idiot I know. Not one functioning brain cell. Just, a goddamn moron. I left my Kodak camera in the jeep for a day or two, and remembered it last night. When I brought it in, it immediately began sweating, literally, water ran down my hand before I got the length of the house. So, I, in my infinite fucking wisdom, opened the little door where the card and battery go. I pulled out the card and battery, and left the little door open so that any condensation inside would get air and dry right the fuck out. Which it did. Then, when I was putting things back together today, I powered up the camera, and was greeted with "The camera has lost the date/time and needs to be reset.", and then showed me the options: Reset Time/Date, and Cancel.

GODDAMN IT.

You see, friends and neighbors, some time ago all the buttons on the back of my stoic little Kodak decided to cease to function. All I can see, all I'll ever see, is that message: "The camera has lost the date/time and needs to be reset." Nothing can be done. There is nothing to be done. "The camera has lost the date/time and needs to be reset."

I coddled this camera for two years, making sure it never, ever ran the battery down. I would be doing something, and all of a sudden "Ooh, I better charge the Kodak!", because I knew it was over if the battery ever went dead.

That little camera would take pics that put the big, bulky Fujifuckingpieceofgoddamnshit I bought to shame. The Fujifuckingpieceofgoddamnshit has never taken a pic that even compares with those Kodak pics. EVER.

And I took the battery out. Fuck. FUCK.

Name:  DSCF5643.JPG
Views: 141
Size:  86.7 KB

I loved that little camera. Thinking on it, now, it may well have been my favorite possession. I cannot readily think of anything I own that I've thought more of, than that camera.

Goddamn I'm a fucking idiot.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:12 PM   #1115
glatt

I'm sorry grav. I liked your pictures too.

I can't help but notice that there seems to be more wrong with that camera than an error message on the screen.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:20 PM   #1116
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Shit, Grav. That's angry.

I loved my Kodak. And my Mum's Kodak (bought to replace mine because it was the only digital camera she'd learned how to use).

But once again Dad "tidied away" the charger, so she had to get a whole new camera. Hmmmm. Bear in mind this is the third or maybe even fourth such incident. He has Alzheimers, she doesn't, you'd think she'd learn.
Also she said, "I don't think it was a very good camera anyway." Yes it was, Mother. You thought it was bad because you keep trying to take photos of two lively little boys in one shot and don't get why the camera focuses between the two of them.
And then, after asking my advice about a replacement you then buy the cheapest one on the market which finishes the job of trashing my nails as I try to insert the card and battery because it's not nice and chunky like the one it's replacing, it's plasticky and feeble and I wish you luck with it because I can't write you a crib sheet like I did with the Kodak because I'm completely unfamiliar with it...

So I feel your pain.
But I only bit off my fake fingernails, I didn't attack them with a hammer.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:43 PM   #1117
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I can't help but notice that there seems to be more wrong with that camera than an error message on the screen.
Oh, I fixed the error message. It doesn't come up. Anymore.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:44 PM   #1118
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
That's angry....I didn't attack them with a hammer.
I was angry. So very angry indeed. At myself. Still am, and will be for not a little while. So I broke out the ol' ST5010 ACME Decombobulator.

Also:

I require closure.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:48 PM   #1119
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

A hammer is a wonderful thing.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:49 PM   #1120
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I still can't believe I took the battery out.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:50 PM   #1121
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I require closure.
You gotta find old man winter and shoot him dead.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:51 PM   #1122
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Don't ever wear fake nails.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:07 PM   #1123
glatt

Words of wisdom right there.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:10 PM   #1124
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Don't ever wear fake nails.
Is a fake hammer required to hit fake nails?

C'mon, it's a reasonable question.
Carruthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 03:12 PM   #1125
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Does one need to have false teeth to chew false nails?

Tags
limburger