The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-09-2005, 09:11 PM   #16
mitheral
Abecedarian

There's a bit of a risk with Bruce's idea; if the cat ever turns up poisoned the neighbour is going to immediately suspect you and you'll have a hard time convincing them you never actually put poison in your bags.

I'd just go with the cans, just bought 3 plastic ones for C$30 total yesterday. Makes it easier on the garbage men too.

And everywhere I've lived that had city garbage pickup had a cans required law on the books even if they didn't enforce it. My cynical sides thinks mostly to prevent the city having to get involved in these kinds of disputes. But there is a bit of a public health issue if pests ripping open garbage and strewing it everywhere isn't handled by home owners.

Last edited by mitheral; 10-09-2005 at 09:14 PM.
mitheral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 09:22 PM   #17
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

But Jim would be warning the neighbor upfront about the poison. And though it's an easy solution, Jim and Jinx shouldn't have to throw money at the problem, per se...they're not the cause of it.

Jim, just make sure you talk to the neighbor first before taking any action.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 11:05 PM   #18
marichiko

Yeah, why waste a perfectly good opportunity for open warfare on the neighbors by going out and spending $12.00 on a garbage container from Walmart? Jeez, LJ ain't made out of gold! I suggest shoot the cat with a 12 guage in front of the neighbor's 8 year old daughter, TPing the neighbor's house, and getting a few spray cans of neon green paint and using them to write cryptic and nasty messages all over the sides of the neighbor's house and his car - like "CA(r)Thage must be destroyed, read your Cicero, Jerk!" or "So you think KATrina was a CATastrophe? HAH! You ain't seen NOTHING yet!"
Old 10-09-2005, 11:07 PM   #19
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Mari, what did I tell you about huffing spray paint?
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 11:28 PM   #20
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Wow. Some animal is getting in the trash. Therefore it’s the cats fault. It’s the neighbors fault. This is justification for war. They are messing with my life. I have rights to use deadly force as necessary to protect my trash! This is a disaster and others are to blame!!!

Problem created by a homeowner who is too cheap to buy a trash can. Why so many posts? Homeowners take full responsibility for their own trash. Solution so trivial - a Walmart trash can.

"But my rights are at stake!" Get a life ... and a trash can. This whole thread is as comic as defendants on Judge Judy. Who is both the human and homeowner? 85% of all problems are traceable to top management - that is too cheap to buy a $12 trash can. As if we don't get enough of this 'blame others' nonsense from a lying president. So now it is acceptable from the neighbor?

This is why some towns had to even waste town council's time making laws that demand homeowners buy more trash cans. And even in the Cellar, some would actually condone this "only I am important" attitude.

Buy the trash can. All problems solved. All posts here then made completely irrelevant. I am embarrassed at how few posters even understood that basic homeowner responsibility. There is only one problem here. The homeowner who does not put all trash inside a trash can - and instead blames the cat.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 11:38 PM   #21
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore
Mari, what did I tell you about huffing spray paint?
Yeah! Its a blast, isn't it?
Old 10-10-2005, 01:54 AM   #22
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

OK then, Jim, you've got your answer. Get a couple of those Walmart trashcans, borrow the spray paint from Mari, and write a big TW on them. That should help you take care of BOTH disturbing elements
Old 10-10-2005, 05:43 AM   #23
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw
Wow. Some animal is getting in the trash. Therefore it’s the cats fault. It’s the neighbors fault. This is justification for war. They are messing with my life. I have rights to use deadly force as necessary to protect my trash! This is a disaster and others are to blame!!!

Problem created by a homeowner who is too cheap to buy a trash can. Why so many posts? Homeowners take full responsibility for their own trash. Solution so trivial - a Walmart trash can.

"But my rights are at stake!" Get a life ... and a trash can. This whole thread is as comic as defendants on Judge Judy. Who is both the human and homeowner? 85% of all problems are traceable to top management - that is too cheap to buy a $12 trash can. As if we don't get enough of this 'blame others' nonsense from a lying president. So now it is acceptable from the neighbor?

This is why some towns had to even waste town council's time making laws that demand homeowners buy more trash cans. And even in the Cellar, some would actually condone this "only I am important" attitude.

Buy the trash can. All problems solved. All posts here then made completely irrelevant. I am embarrassed at how few posters even understood that basic homeowner responsibility. There is only one problem here. The homeowner who does not put all trash inside a trash can - and instead blames the cat.
fuck you, tw, and the high horse you rode in on. you assume too much and your reading comprehension sucks too .
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
~ I suppose I could go buy a couple more extra large trash cans, but I don;t really have a good place to keep them. ~
I have two 32 gallon lidded trash cans. the burrough requires that we us "keep Elverson Clean" trash bags to put the trash out in, or they won't collect it. This in lieu of a trash bill.... they soak you for $2 per bag. These bags happpen to be big enough that they usally get too big to put inside these big trash cans i bought. I don't have a garage. and even if jinx puts the bag right outside the back door before i get home to take it to where i keep the trash, the litte prick has already come up on the deck for a sample by the time i get home. THis is learned behaviour. he didnt use to do it. yes, i'm sure it;s the neigbors cat, i routinely catch it in the act when i pull into the driveway.

oh, and since you're(tw) too twisted and socially handicapped to pick up on sarcasm, i want to point out that i would never shoot a cat or poison it. I OBVIOUSLY need to talk to the neighbor about it.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 05:44 AM   #24
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

cock
Old 10-10-2005, 07:28 AM   #25
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

ok. here's your solution. take a pine tree branch about a 1/2" thick, a coffee can with unleaded regular gas (supreme is too expensive), and a paint brush. coax the cat over to you then when it least expects it, take the branch and pull it along the cat's bunghole and then take the paintbrush soaked with gas and slap it on his ass. the cat will launch! probably won't stop until it hits Utah.
(j/k!!!)
Old 10-10-2005, 07:37 AM   #26
Griff
still says videotape

As far as putting nasty stuff in or on the bags, remember that a person will be picking up the bag and putting it in the truck. So it is less garbage, more cans, a talk with the neighbor, or a burn barrel smoking away in your yard. Then again my father-in-law had a pellet gun that shot little felt projectiles...
Old 10-10-2005, 08:36 AM   #27
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

a daisy red rider will just sting and not penetrate......
Old 10-10-2005, 08:41 AM   #28
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Everyone that suggested Walmart should get the Asian Flu. :p
Old 10-10-2005, 09:25 AM   #29
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Racoons and/or stray cats (saw both) kept ripping up our bags too. A can on wheeled cart with very tight lid worked well to keep them out. Definately talk to the neighbor first, let them know that since you have caught the animal several times now, it has become a problem that you thought needed to be brought to their attention. Check if there are ordinances/laws about animals out of their yards needing to be on leashes or something to that effect. You could suggest that if they feel the need to let their cat out, could they put it on a leash (per the ordinance). Several cats around our neighborhood are on this system. You could spin it with it would be a win win, the cat stays out of your trash, and since it's on a leash, safer because it won't get hit by a car (or stray BBs,) If this doesn't do anything, I say shoot it with a couple paintballs, it will stay out of your stuff, and you can get some practice in for the trick or treaters.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:32 AM   #30
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

MMMMMMMMpaintballs. i love paintballs. always wanted one of them gizmos.