The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 06-01-2007, 10:44 AM   #46
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck_duck View Post
There is nothing ignorant about that at all. You let millions of uneducated and unskilled workers flood your border despite the law. That is an invasion. You do nothing serious to stop it but argue about it instead. You even allow the invaders to protest in your streets waving their flag!.
Bold text mine.

It's called FREEDOM, duck. Say it with me: Freeeeeedommmmm.
Immigration (or invasion as you call it) or not, we tend to let people wave whatever freaking flag they want. Would you rather our government suppress that? I wouldn't; that isn't FREEDOM.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:00 AM   #47
Griff
still says videotape

Amen.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:21 AM   #48
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
Bold text mine.

It's called FREEDOM, duck. Say it with me: Freeeeeedommmmm.
Immigration (or invasion as you call it) or not, we tend to let people wave whatever freaking flag they want. Would you rather our government suppress that? I wouldn't; that isn't FREEDOM.
Allowing criminal illegal immigrants to wave their flag isn't freedom, it's stupid. STUUUUPIIID
Old 06-01-2007, 11:39 AM   #49
duck_duck
Soul Duck

[quote=piercehawkeye45;349441]Then how should we fix it? [quote]
Try punishing the criminals for a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
How are we going to pay for it? What if they come in through the sea or through Canada?
You are the richest nation in the world and you want me to believe you can't afford to stop invaders?? hahaha Perhaps use the money that is wasted on them in social services to pay for it.

Quote:
First, stop referring to Mexicans as invaders, the reasons they come to America is much deeper than "it is illegal". Second, they are protesting to try to change America. You are not trying to change America, just point out its problems. There is a big difference.
People who enter any nation without permission are invaders. And when you let invaders protest in your streets is stupid and lazy on the part of your government.

Quote:
The majority wants to do something about it but we don't have the power to do that. Once again, you are saying something bad about us without and anything that we can do to change. Yeah, we have our problems but so does your country. If I ever criticize your country on its policies, it will be constructive.
The majority wants to do something about it but you don't have the power? .

Quote:
The people don't have the power and the system is worked so politicians have to lie to become elected. That is not limited to America by the way.
So I guess america is not a free democracy after all.

Quote:
Removed like they should? So you are implying that your method is the right method and ours is wrong? Rehabilitation is the way to go in my opinion, but that is wrong apparently. That all doesn't matter anyways because we are not going the direction you are talking about. How are you getting this information about our trends?
Holding hands with criminals does not work. Your crime rate proves that.

Quote:
By suggesting how we can realistically change. If you can not come up with a suggestion on how we can change then don't say anything because it will be pointless. You also have to remember that what works in your country may not work in our country because of other variables. Teach us how to live a better life and save ourselves from destruction, c'mon.
I have suggested realistic change but america seems to be to lazy to do anything about it's problems. You just talk and argue but do nothing with your troubles.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:43 AM   #50
Shawnee123

Quote:
Allowing criminal illegal immigrants to wave their flag isn't freedom, it's stupid. STUUUUPIIID
Oh no she di'int.

Back in the day, if someone thought a book was "wrong" it was banned, it was burned. We believe in freedom. We don't suppress a person's right to express ideas. You think it's stupid? No, you're stupid (in whiny voice I'm imagining you have). We have to still fight for this, against people like you who think they know what's best for everyone else. Clue: you don't know shit.

Listen, when you've made it halfway around the block, we'll talk about America. I've circled it a few times, and I don't remember seeing you.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:47 AM   #51
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
And the word invaded, that's the funniest thing someone could ever call the Latinos who come to the States, if they were invading they would be rampaging our cities, burning houses, obliterating state capitals. They are coming here to work and settle!
No they are stealing your money and rubbing your faces in it.
What do you do about it? NOTHING. It's funny you get mad it me for pointing that out. hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
Ducky is just a 16 year old girl who proclaims herself as Re the sun god because after living in America she knows it inside out and wants to deface things abnormal from Hong Kong the Utopia, which is strange because many of my immigrant friends prefer America to their homeland, something about freedom and equality? Eh, nevermind. Let's just nod our heads and say "yeah, mmhmm" next time she talks about something she "knows".
Sure sure. I doubt you even understand the words freedom and equality.

It seems america is dying because americans are too lazy to stop it from happening.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:48 AM   #52
Shawnee123

Quote:

I have suggested realistic change but america seems to be to lazy to do anything about it's problems. You just talk and argue but do nothing with your troubles.

But not too lazy to type the extra "o". Idgit.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:49 AM   #53
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
Oh no she di'int.

Back in the day, if someone thought a book was "wrong" it was banned, it was burned. We believe in freedom. We don't suppress a person's right to express ideas. You think it's stupid? No, you're stupid (in whiny voice I'm imagining you have). We have to still fight for this, against people like you who think they know what's best for everyone else. Clue: you don't know shit.

Listen, when you've made it halfway around the block, we'll talk about America. I've circled it a few times, and I don't remember seeing you.
The fact you think invaders have a right to do anything in your nation is a problem right there.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:50 AM   #54
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
But not too lazy to type the extra "o". Idgit.
But still toO lazy to do anything about your dying nation. haha
Old 06-01-2007, 11:59 AM   #55
Shawnee123

read it again, I think you missed the point

Quote:

Old 06-01-2007, 12:30 PM   #56
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
I have suggested realistic change but america seems to be to lazy to do anything about it's problems.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is the funniest thing ever posted in the Cellar, EVER. A sixteen year-old from HK has taken the time to ponder and then suggest "realistic changes" that all Americans should embrace for the good of the nation and yet---and yet---NO ONE LISTENS TO HER!

Tch. I'm shocked, really, I am. It almost seems as though America is mocking this bright genius who has all the answers. Well, cluck_cluck, you can't say you didn't try. If I were you, I'd just go home now.

Bye, honey buns!

I'm off for a pedicure!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:28 PM   #57
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

I find it amusing that someone from the outside looking in has seemed to solved all of our problems. And then, well, since we don't all fall prostrate at her feet in appreciation, proceeds to think we're all stupid.

If she really thinks that her solutions are the right ones, perhaps she should come back, become a citizen, run for office, and implement her own ideas.

Purely novel concept that...putting your money where your mouth is. 16 or not, I doubt it would ever happen.

And personally, before anyone sits back and says that 'we don't do anything about what's going wrong in this country', she should really get to know a little bit more about the people she's preaching to. Quite a few of us are politically active and are doing what we can.

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:33 PM   #58
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagney View Post
I find it amusing that someone from the outside looking in has seemed to solved all of our problems. And then, well, since we don't all fall prostrate at her feet in appreciation, proceeds to think we're all stupid.
What the hell did you think the internet was for, stupid?
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:34 PM   #59
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
You accuse me of "america bashing" but allow invaders to bash you in the streets in protests?? Are you joking me??
Good point, I say we send in the tanks and Machine gun them down in the square.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:41 PM   #60
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
What the hell did you think the internet was for, stupid?
Flint honey, sweetie, dearie...if there's any one who will find me prostrate at his feet, it's not you

But nice try *wink*

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote