The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 08-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #76
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I can't do with submarine films.
I'm not sure I am officially claustrophic, but I am terrified by spaces I cannot get out of easily. I watched a TV programme which challenged people to face their worst fear (in a nice English way, not a Japanese way) and although I also hate heights I would far rather have been the lady climbing the communications tower than the one who went caving.

She was told that the smallest gap she would have to make it through was 36 inches. She said, "But I am a 40DD!" (this may be incorrect but it gets the point across.)
Don't worry, said the caving expert, breasts can be squashed to fit through.
I was only watching it in my living room and I was nearly sick, because it wasn't just a little squeeze into a big cavern; she was going into a place which still required scooting along on her belly.

shudder big time.
I could do it of course. If'n my life depended on it and if I knew there was a way out. But more likely my mind would snap and my bones would stay undisturbed until the next caver with a small ribcage came to play.