The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 08-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #16
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

yey hallo Cyclefrance. I was wondering only the other day, what had happened to you :p
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:39 PM   #17
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
yey hallo Cyclefrance. I was wondering only the other day, what had happened to you :p
Hi Dana. Time has just flown by. It's been a busy few years. The road to divorce led to the chance to play single male again, and for a few years this took the shape of a modern jive addiction. Still a regular activity but not the 5 or 6 nights a week it used to be. Plus spent time shaping out the future a bit in other ways in preparation for the second half of my 60's. Now there, and time is becoming more available. Still working but not on a full time basis any more.

I thought about a Cellar return quite a few times, but I wasn't ready - I decided to wait until it felt right. It does now and even more so having been welcomed back so warmly. It'll be great catching up on what's been happening to everyone. Looking forward to participating in discussions and poking my over-large nose in as often as possible.

Was in Yorkshire in June with my new lady - stayed in Barnsley, and played the tourist for a while. Even visited my first home when married - 1974 that was - it was a small 2-bedroom bungalow in Thorpe Willoughby then, now it's expanded into a two storey 4 bedroom house! A pleasant few days which included a little dancing too.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:31 PM   #18
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

One of the reasons you came to my mind recently is D-Day and WW I 100th publicity reminded me of the tours of France you gave us. Those included the war monuments, so when I saw them on TV or the internet this summer, I knew roughly where they were.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:00 PM   #19
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Nice to meet you, Cyclefrance! I should have appealed to Europe rather than the west coast, the other evening. Thank you for replying, even though by then I'd laid down for a nap to prepare for the coming day.

On my way to catch another nap now, although I tend to get distracted by this board.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:12 PM   #20
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

That's the thing about naps.

No one's going to give you one; you just have to TAKE IT!
Old 08-15-2014, 06:50 AM   #21
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Hello Cyclefrance, welcome back.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:58 AM   #22
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
One of the reasons you came to my mind recently is D-Day and WW I 100th publicity reminded me of the tours of France you gave us. Those included the war monuments, so when I saw them on TV or the internet this summer, I knew roughly where they were.
Hi Bruce. Maybe I should change my nickname to 'Notsomuchcyclefrance' as I have cut down quite a bit on cycling recently. Plan to start again soon though. I haven't really done anything major since 2009, just a few days here and there with a few pals - but at least most of these were in France!. I have a family now who will look after my boy(dog) Oscar, making holidays a little easier to take (he is not one for kennels!), although right now he is recovering from a large operation (see pics) to remove an oversized lump of benign fatty tissue - it got to the point that it was becoming uncomfortable, and bearing in mind his age (12), operating now was deemed better than leaving it any longer. He is doing very well, but getting through my t-shirts at an alarming rate!

I also have to get round to finding a new web host for my cycling holidays websites. The last two I used closed down on me - another 'to do' item. So much for spare time!
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2014, 07:03 AM   #23
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargon View Post
Hello Cyclefrance, welcome back.
Hi fargon. Thanks for the welcome back. I didn't realise you were a retired vet until I just viewed your profile. You must know all about the type of op my Oscar had.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:12 AM   #24
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Heh, "disabled vet"...

...but, close.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:56 AM   #25
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclefrance View Post
Hi fargon. Thanks for the welcome back. I didn't realise you were a retired vet until I just viewed your profile. You must know all about the type of op my Oscar had.
Oscars incision was closed, mine are left open to heal from the inside out. But I am very familiar with surgery of this type. And I am going to have more surgery.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:50 AM   #26
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Don't know anything about the surgery, but I'm an expert on fatty tissue.

Quote:
...look after my boy(dog) Oscar, making holidays a little easier to take (he is not one for kennels!),...
Fair is fair, would you like being locked in the garage while Oscar roamed around France, lounging on the terraces of wayside inns, sampling the local wine, cuisine, and bar-bitches?
Old 08-15-2014, 11:42 AM   #27
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclefrance View Post
snip--

although right now he is recovering from a large operation (see large pics) --snip
ftfy

I'm very happy to see he's doing well.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:32 AM   #28
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

You know what's a terrible idea? Eating a bunch of espresso beans when you have zero daily exposure to caffeine. I have to be up in four hours and I'm thinking I might not even try to sleep...
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #29
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
You know what's a terrible idea? Eating a bunch of espresso beans when you have zero daily exposure to caffeine. I have to be up in four hours and I'm thinking I might not even try to sleep...
Did you clean the house? Might as well be useful when you can't sleep. Or did you make lots of stuffs in the kitchen?
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:07 PM   #30
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Nah, I laid in bed and played on my phone like an idiot. I did eventually fall asleep around 2:30ish, then woke up again at 5:00 and couldn't go back to sleep.

I made up for it last night, went to bed at 9:00 and slept straight until the alarm at 5:45... except now that I do the math I realize that's still under 9 hours so I didn't really make up for much I guess. Kids were home sick today so no nap. Maybe tomorrow.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote