The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-30-2005, 10:42 PM   #16
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of the Ryche
Cellarites seem to be the most compassionate group of people I've witnessed.
We also set records for outright savagery.

When necessary.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 06:38 AM   #17
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Mend the baby bird's wing and patiently nurse him back to health.........so we can take him to the pigeon shoot.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:26 AM   #18
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

One could be harshly judgemental against addicts but the longer one lives, the longer one sees that life can be pretty brutal at times and we're all just looking for a way through it and it's the minority who manage to make a really good go at it.

In some ways if you haven't made a glorious mess of life you aren't really living.

The same mental/emotional abuse that turned my ex-sister-in-law into a total drunk, turned my ex into a total control nut who appears to have it all together but in reality is trying to find the right pharmacological combination to get through obsessive-compulsiveness.

Let us support our own like family. Everyone who fights this particular demon, just put up the best life you can given the circumstances. It's all that we all do and all that's expected of us.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 10:07 AM   #19
Brett's Honey
whatever

Bri and Buster - I wish you both a lot of luck. Recognizing and admitting the problem is a big first step, and you can make changes in your life. My ex-husband and ex-sister-in-law are living proof of that. It did take 13 DUI's and 5 times in rehab, but my ex has been sober and clean for over a month now - doesn't sound very long, but it is the very first time I've ever heard him say that he really finally feels ready for a sober life. After years of struggling, my ex sister-in-law has been sober and clean over two years. AA is a big help to most people. And the VA was a big help to my Dad. You cannot get help if you don't seek it out. Go do it, and best of luck!
Brett's Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 11:20 AM   #20
mrnoodle
bent

Yes, much prayer and good luck vibes your way. grab the monkey by the throat and throw the sumbitch off your back for good.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:56 PM   #21
busterb
NSABFD

Well tomorrow it off to the see the wizard at the VA who holds the key to my drinking. If I live past that I'll give "ya" an update.
Thanks from the bottom of my redneck heart for alll the kind words & support from folks that don't know me. Thanks Ya'll
Old 05-02-2005, 11:04 PM   #22
garnet

I haven't posted in a few months and had no intention of doing so, but....

I just wanted to say good luck to ya, Brianna & Buster. I'll be sending lots of good thoughts and good karma your way.

Take care of yourselves, and remember it's onward and upward from here!

(Bri, a PM is on it's way!)
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 12:37 AM   #23
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

good luck.. I tried the AA thing once, it wasn't for me, but I have seen it do wonders for people, I stick with the moderation thing now with occasional benders.. then again, I've forced myself to quit quite a few things in the past.. but the best of luck to the both of you.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:01 AM   #24
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I'm proud of you, buster.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 09:08 AM   #25
Catwoman
stalking a Tom

No one quits unless they want to. So, if you want to, you'll quit.

I wish both of you the surge of inspiration you need.

Last edited by Catwoman; 05-03-2005 at 09:10 AM. Reason: couldn't decide on appropriate smiley so gave up in the end
Catwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 11:15 AM   #26
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I guess I'll go first. The clerk of courts is out to get me. I was given a paper with the time and date of my "scheduling conference" two weeks ago and the paper read THURSDAY, MAY 9 (um, no...that'd be a MONDAY) at 9:30 with Judge So and So. I show up this morning and guess what?! Judge So and So is ON VACATION this week--they FORGOT to tell me!!! They've misspelled my last name on every document even though I have corrected them and they've just now given me the name of my lawyer. I'm going to be writing to my Clerk of Courts to suggest he hire myself to straighten out the mess. I didn't even recieve my summons because they misspelled my name and only knew to go because the OSBON called me the day before to say they noticed I was going to court! If you don't show up for your arraignment they slap a bench warrent on you. Jeesh!

I spoke with my lawyer and we go NEXT monday for the scheduling conference. He says he's pretty certain I'll get probation for 1-2 years. We'll see.

Now, I just wonder how Busterb's VA thing went. I hope all is looking up for you, buster.

And a sincere thank you to everyone who gave their support/words of wisdom/comfort, etc.

I've been sober 9 days!!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 11:55 AM   #27
glatt

Good job on the 9 days.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 02:28 PM   #28
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

All *right* Bri! Keep it up, girl.

Does your lawyer see any chance of you retaining your license out of all this? Any public service/rehab/etc road to take that will allow you to do your probie and still keep your trade?
Old 05-09-2005, 11:44 PM   #29
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Good goin' Bri. Especially when you have to negotiate the mess that is the criminal justice system.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 07:21 AM   #30
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
Does your lawyer see any chance of you retaining your license out of all this? Any public service/rehab/etc road to take that will allow you to do your probie and still keep your trade?
I seriously doubt it. Looks like it'll probably be a 2 year suspension at least. I've been looking for other work and need some full-time work pretty soon-like yesterday. I'm down to 50.00 and that's IT! If you don't hear from me in the future it's because the computer's been cut, along with the phone and TV. Oh, well. I did this to myself. I'm not hoping for a miracle, I'm depending on them, every day. I need a break from nursing anyway-get my feet back on the ground. I found my work brutal in the last couple years---really hard on me. I HAVE to believe there is a future out there for me. If I don't believe that, I get so depressed...I have to have hope.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote