The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #1936
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

I pulled a muscle in my ribcage several days ago, and it hurts to breathe. I think I did it sneezing, allergies. It's getting worse instead of better.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:18 AM   #1937
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

LR, it's quite possible that you have a subluxation of one of your thoracic vertebrae (I think Clodfobble had a similar problem recently).

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:38 AM   #1938
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Dude. If you have what I had, go get your back popped! The pain relief was immediate. (FWIW, I'd tell him to leave your neck the hell alone though. The pain's not in your neck, neck popping hurts like a mofo, and it can be very dangerous if it's done improperly.)
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:59 AM   #1939
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Some 'net searching has me convinced that I have pulled the intercostalis and/or seperatus muscles between/attached to my 5th and 6th ribs on my right side, based on the pain and locale. The pain is in the front, beginning under the very bottom of my breast and wraps around and under my armpit. Right where my bra fits.

How the frick am I supposed to keep training, when I can't breathe just sitting at my desk??? Damn damn damn.
Attached Images

Last edited by LabRat; 05-20-2008 at 12:10 PM.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #1940
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

dude-ette
Old 05-20-2008, 12:34 PM   #1941
lookout123
changed his status to single

rub some dirt on it and get back in the game. quit being a sissy and keep training.

or you can do what I do and that is cry and draw attention to my extreme agony so everyone will cater to my every whim.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:50 PM   #1942
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
No Dylan.
Am becoming resigned. It's a big cloud over everything I do at the moment.

I just don't know what more I can do.
Don't worry, SG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
Once I had a kitty gone for two weeks who came back.

But it's not looking hopeful. I'm sooooooooooooooo sorry! I know I would be just devastated myself. --snip
They do come back. You could look it up.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:24 PM   #1943
kerosene
Touring the facilities

Oh, Sundae! I hope he comes back. Dyl, stop making your mama worry, so. I am sorry he is missing.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:29 PM   #1944
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Some 'net searching has me convinced that I have pulled the intercostalis and/or seperatus muscles between/attached to my 5th and 6th ribs
Owwwwww that hurts... back when I had pneumonia in 2000, I had inflamed cartilage in my rib cage. It hurt so damned bad. My doctor told me people that get it often end up in the emergency room because people think they're having a heart attack. It was still lingering weeks after my primary pneumonia symptoms were gone.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:06 PM   #1945
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Sundae...I had a cat when I was little (about 10) and it went missing. About 2 months later my grandfather who lived about 1km up the road rang and said his neighbours (who he was on very good terms with) had my cat and they wanted us to come over and have a talk about it.

Their daughter was about 5 and had apparently grown very attached to my cat and they asked if they could please keep the cat. My mother said they could.

I remember being very angry with my mother and thinking that I was still a little kid too, just a bit older than the other little kid.

I guess my mum did what she felt was right, and she got me another cat anyway, but it still sucked.

The point is sundae, maybe as you thought in the first place, Dyl has been taken in by some family who think it's best to keep cats indoors, and they're loving him just as much as anyone could. Maybe that's why he hasn't been able to come home.

The important thing is that he's being loved right? Even if it does suck that it's not you.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:18 PM   #1946
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I'm afraid it's cold comfort.
He's obviously a pedigree. If the family didn't recognise that then they are inexperienced cat owners. Also, if they seriously wanted to take care of him they should have taken him to the vet. Any vet would have immediately felt his microchip and scanned him, triggering the alert.

Finally I can't believe - even if he has no attachment to me - that he has no attachment to Diz. They groomed eachother, slept together every night (and most days), played at least 5 distinctive cat games. Diz has been wandering round crying for him. And Dylan has a mighty voice when he wants to. What kind of person would keep a cat who yowls every day and still think they are being kind?

I might be wrong. A well meaning but selfish, ignorant person might be holding him captive. But my hope that he was trapped somewhere is also dust and ashes now. If he had no access to food or water he's died a horrible death by now, crying and hoping to be rescued.

Sorry. I know I'm over-dramatising. I'm just upset tonight. I should never have let him out in the first place - he was just too curious. Almost everyone I've asked knows him, has seen him, has come into contact with him.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:22 PM   #1947
Aliantha

I'm sorry for you mate. I wish I had better words for you and I realize there's really nothing that helps. Don't despair though. He may still come back.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #1948
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Sorry Ali, I do realise you are being supportive and I take on board what you've said. I'm just seeing the most negative side of it all right now and have over-thought it from every angle, each time coming up with a worse scenario.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words, I do appreciate it.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:57 PM   #1949
Aliantha

There's no need to say sorry Sundae. I think we've all been where you are today. It's devastating to think of losing a pet that you love so much. I'm going to be a mess when my dog Sheba dies. If I lost one of my cats I'd go nuts too.

We know how you feel. We expect you to be sad, so just go ahead and spill your guts. Specially if it makes you feel any better.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:51 PM   #1950
Griff
still says videotape

Some addict left a hypodermic on a playground. A little person I know picked it up and got stuck. Ruin your own life asshole, that's fine, but when did it become necessary to shoot up on a damn playground?

Tags
swiss