The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 02-02-2006, 06:59 PM   #91
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Learning.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:44 AM   #92
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Guys who think like you (Outside the Box) are the problem. I believe there are two ways to learn. 1) Teach the right way to do something and guide me through it. Or 2) show me the wrong way to act, behave or think and and what the consequences of these "incorrect" actions are. You fall into the latter and create distrust, skepticism and doubt for truly sincere individuals. ..... I haven't been posting here long, but I have read, shared and learned a great deal from many caring, wonderful people. Since that was your first post - do us all a favor and make it your last as well. Sorry if this is harsh, but not really. Just my 2 cents....and yes I want my change back!

Last edited by yesman065; 02-03-2006 at 12:48 PM.
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:41 AM   #93
May
Non-Newbie Sort

lumberjim, your profile pic. is coooool...
yup,i agree with you,the probabilities to find your "own personal soulmate" are 0.000... , so if you find a person that feels good then go for it...nobody is perfect!But sometimes it is nice feeling to day-dream of a soulmate existance...it's romantic you know..
May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:33 PM   #94
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. I know I can say that everyday, but this day is different. Yesterday Nic and I ended our relationship for good after 2 1/2 years. I set free the love of my life.

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was. Anonymous

She is the most beautiful and precious woman I have ever met. She touched me in ways that I did not know possible. She gave back to me the ability to hope and to love. She deserves to reap all the beauty and wonder that this world has to offer. She treated me like a king and I treated her like my queen. She was. I will love her always.

Today I am struggling to breathe, to type, to get up and go forward. It has been said that "Time heals all wounds." Well yeah, except for the fatal ones. My heart currently feels as though this is one of them. I am shattered, broken, lost and alone. What I really need is my best friend to help me. Unfortunately, that is Nic also. She cannot come here because she is hurting too and needs to deal with this in her own way. Therefore I have to do this alone. I'll try, I will. Let the pain flow – let the pain go. This is much easier said than done. So far I am failing horribly – I am wallowing in my loss, in my grief, in my pain, in my sorrow and in my despair … in all the negativity there is associated with this. I have to let it go – I have to let her go. How do I do that emotionally?

I feel as though I somehow killed the most precious thing in the world to me. My soul is beaten. I can't stop feeling this guilt & loss. I want to call her and tell her so many things - to make her pain go away - to make it all better for her. I can't do that anymore - she doesn't want me anymore. I still worry about her, I still care, I still want to care for her. That will never stop.

I want to run to her and feel her warmth. Love and console her, feel her console me as only she can. Never again will that happen. Never again. That permanence is huge, so massive and so immense. I am overwhelmed. I feel so alone. She completed me - she gave me reason, she was an integral part of my very being. We fit so well together it scared me at times. A love that burned so brightly couldn't last... Why?

I need to find hope again. I need to focus on me again. I need something to believe in again. I need to start living for me again. I know all this, but I don't WANT it. I have to force it now. Put a fake smile on my face, lie to people when asked and say things are good. I have to breathe, just breathe.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:44 PM   #95
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Yesman, let me first say I know the pain you are going through. I have known it several times in my life. I also know to never say "never" coz,my friend, I've said that,too, and watched the love come back. Honest.

Let me also say that you are a highly desirable man from what I know---your personality, your compassion, your loyalty to duty...plus, those awesome pics I was lucky enough to see of you (well, your torso, anyway and may I take this opportunity to say, again, WOW!)

Things that do burn brightly DO seem to break the shade they are in--they tend to collapse from their own heat. Sometimes in life it is much better to just 'glow'.

I am with you in spirit, my friend. My heart knows what your heart is going thru and can only wish you find peace sooner rather than later.

Comfort.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:31 PM   #96
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Ah shit, another one bites the dust. I'm sorry to hear it, man.
There are many here, including myself, that know exactly how you feel... and what you will feel for some time.

I know it sounds like bullshit now, but you will feel better in time. No, you will never forget her and possibly always love her. But, you will find yourself thinking of things besides her, more and more often.

Peace brother, we're always here.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:23 PM   #97
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

The only way I know to get through the pain you are in is to feel it, to acknowledge it and say "Yes, I am hurting now more than I ever have, more than I ever thought I could ... but I will get through this". You will, yesman. But for now you will feel that pain, you must, it is a measure of the joy you shared with Nic.
We're always here.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:11 PM   #98
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Good to see you yesman!!
Sorry about the the circumstances however. That sucks. I agree with all the above statements and have nothing to contribute outside of what's already been said.

Best of luck to you and hopefully you will be able to be comfortable soon, at least with yourself.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:34 AM   #99
lushchocolateswirl
Hi just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman065 View Post
Over Christmas her "other boyfriend" was a real asshole, got her no card, no gift - nothing. He was rude, disrespectful and mean to her. She was really hurt and upset. I thought that was a good thing for me, but I again was wrong. She and I had a long talk and I decided to step aside as she tries to work things out with him. If after all that hes done, she still wants to try with him than she must love him much more than she loves me or be really stupid - maybe both. Either way it doesn't matter. I feel better knowing that she didn't want me to end it, but I did anyway - it was the right thing to do. Maybe she'll realize what a jerk he is and give me a real chance at some point. Its kid of ironic that I love someone who isn't in-love with me and shes in-love someone who isn't in-love with her. Oh well, I'm trying to focus on the positives, whatever they are, and move on, but the emptiness and hollow feelings I have are overwhelming and unbearable at times. The worst part is, I honestly believe I left my heart and soul behind with her, and that sucks. Perhaps thats how everyone feels in this situation. I can only hope that she realizes what she lost before its too late. Onward.
Okay I just found this and I have some advice for you .

ARE YOU AN IDIOT? You are soooo being played here. This seems to be reminiscent of recent times . No?.

DO you think maybe her boyfriend didn't get her presents and is rude to her ....maybe because she's giving him the same bullshit story and he knows she's fucking someone else behind his back?
Fact is she's found someone else now and soon she'll be giving him the same bullshit story about how she's not sure and then she'll be back.

Oh I see this woman back in your life pretty darn soon if she hasn't burnt your dick and her bridges. I bet darn well she hasn't.

Seriously mate are you a sucker for punishment?

Prove me wrong ......I give it three months tops

Sorry if this post comes across harsh but sometimes men need a good kick up the arse!!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 03:59 AM   #100
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Sorry you're going through it yesman. But you will get through. Day at a time and it'll get easier. All my best to you.

X Dani
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:31 AM   #101
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

I am hurting now, more than tomorrow - less than yesterday...I will get through this. I know that - my point is that I really don't want to. I don't want to have to deal with all this pain & shit - I want to be happy, I want her to be happy, I wanted "us" to be happy together. I don't want to start all over - I will and I am, I have no choice.
Please do not regard that to devalue the relationship &/or my/our feelings in any way.
*note* That may have come across poorly in "text only."

She is a wonderful person who deserves all the best that life has to offer. I just thought I was a part of that. Realizing that I'm not stings a bit.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:41 AM   #102
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lushchocolateswirl View Post
ARE YOU AN IDIOT? You are soooo being played here. This seems to be reminiscent of recent times . No?
Seriously mate are you a sucker for punishment?
Prove me wrong ......
Sorry if this post comes across harsh but sometimes men need a good kick up the arse!!!!
Uh lets see - No, No and Yes.

Wow, Thats a lot harsh and without going into too much detail - yes you are wrong. I could prove it a thousand times, but its not necessary. I know in my heart the truth and thats all that matters.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:50 AM   #103
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Grateful Dead
Touch of Gray

The shoe is on the hand it fits
There's really nothing much to it
Whistle through your teeth and spit, 'cause
It's all right

Oh well a touch of grey
Kinda suits you anyway,
That was all I had to say, and
It's all right

I will get by, I will get by, I
will get by, I will survive
Old 04-15-2008, 09:04 PM   #104
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lushchocolateswirl View Post
Okay I just found this and I have some advice for you .
And here is some for you: read carefully before wading in. Read the whole story. The post you are writing about was written a few years back. The thread had been revived because the relationship just broke down (after 2.5 years, so you were wrong). The man is heartbroken and you're raking up posts he wrote before the relationship got serious and calling him an idiot.

Dave, I'm sorry. I know how nuts you were about her from comments you made in other threads. Do you still work in the same place?
Old 04-16-2008, 11:48 AM   #105
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Lies beget lies, no?