The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Sports
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sports My tribe can beat up your tribe

Old 10-11-2006, 08:47 PM   #31
Griff
still says videotape

I didn't see it but I heard that he wasn't fined.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:21 PM   #32
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

No fine, but man, that scared the piss out of me. LJ is a frigging stud, that's for sure. Dude turned him into an owl for a second, there. It was a cheap tackle, but all the Chiefs got out of it was half the distance to the goal line. LJ was gone for a TD when the guy nailed him (they did score in the end, but still...). He already had 79 yards on the screen play (longest reception of his career), and would have taken the last 8 yards if he hadn't been snagged like a paddlefish first. Maybe I'm a bit of a Local Booster, but I think you could make a pretty good case for Larry Johnson being the best guy in football right now, if you consider his performance from last year to present.

LJ is listed as Probable against the Steelers this weekend. Gonna be a tough one for us. Besides Green still recovering from having his head slammed to the turf, we have a starting offensive lineman out and a starting cornerback out.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:29 PM   #33
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
LJ is a frigging stud, that's for sure.
I'm sure jinx would agree with you.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:49 AM   #34
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
LJ is listed as Probable against the Steelers this weekend. Gonna be a tough one for us. Besides Green still recovering from having his head slammed to the turf, we have a starting offensive lineman out and a starting cornerback out.
Have you seen my Steelers this year... not too tough yet.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:42 AM   #35
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

It's the post Super Bowl slump, and no T.O. to blame it all on.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:34 AM   #36
Griff
still says videotape

If I played bobblehead across somebodies windshield, I might not have a keen edge on the field for a while either. The tough part is the division is getting better just when Pitt needs to develop a new offensive scheme.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:33 PM   #37
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Even though I am a Chiefs diehard, I want to tell all you Steelers fans that, if there's any team that you'd like to face to start pulling out of a bad start, it is the Chiefs. They are uneven, missing their starting QB, have a highly questionable O-line for the second stringer to play behind, they're relying heavily on a single running back who just got this head half ripped off, their Godlike tight end Gonzalez is never open anymore to help out the short game, and our apparently badass defense is just beginning to really jel, and could easily take a misstep.

However...the Chiefs are not patsies by any means, and have actually done pretty well given all their gaping shortcomings. They're playing with a lot of zip and confidence, keeping the penalty yards low and doing a lot with what they've got. If the Steelers beat them, they can feel real good about themselves. If the Steelers lose, they won't have lost to a dogshit team, either.

Could be a big game for both teams. After all, we started out 0-2.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:03 AM   #38
Griff
still says videotape

Joey Porter is out. Wait till you see who they're gonna suit up...
Old 10-16-2006, 09:33 PM   #39
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Well, all of a sudden the Steelers are just one loss behind Cincy and Balti.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:36 AM   #40
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

Cincy has a tough matchup against Carolina next week. Things will be close if Big Ben keeps playing like he did this Sunday.
WabUfvot5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:52 AM   #41
Griff
still says videotape

It looked like they freaking invented football Sunday. The offensive line is the key.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:04 PM   #42
KinkyVixen
Marching In!

Quote:
No fine, but man, that scared the piss out of me. LJ is a frigging stud, that's for sure. Dude turned him into an owl for a second, there. It was a cheap tackle, but all the Chiefs got out of it was half the distance to the goal line. LJ was gone for a TD when the guy nailed him (they did score in the end, but still...). He already had 79 yards on the screen play (longest reception of his career), and would have taken the last 8 yards if he hadn't been snagged like a paddlefish first. Maybe I'm a bit of a Local Booster, but I think you could make a pretty good case for Larry Johnson being the best guy in football right now, if you consider his performance from last year to present.

It scared me too Elspode. I've seen a lot of injuries and whatnot just in general, but my heart has never jumped out of my chest like it did with that blatant face mask tackle. I don't think I've ever seen a body get twisted around like that either, and knowing that LJ is a big dude, I just knew something bad happened. I guess he felt better...I mean, he did tackle polywhateverhisnameis by his long bushy hair.

Last edited by KinkyVixen; 10-17-2006 at 03:26 PM.
KinkyVixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:18 AM   #43
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinkyVixen
..I mean, he did tackle polywhateverhisnameis by his long bushy hair.
It's one thing to tackle a guy by his hair. It's a Personal Foul when you get up from the tackle and pull it once more for head punishment while the guy is down.

That after-the-play ringing of the hair was a totally classless move for a guy like LJ.

I have the jersey for Polamalu and I will wear at in Oakland when the Steelers visit on Halloween weekend.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:31 AM   #44
KinkyVixen
Marching In!

Yeah, RS, I didn't see the aftermath, nor do I condone LJ for his behavior...that's what the sad face was for.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:10 AM   #45
Griff
still says videotape

Polamalu was asked about it and said, ""It really doesn't matter to me. He can tackle me by my hair or my ankles. It doesn't matter. I understand the nature of the game. A lot of things like that can happen," He is a tough guy and he had a huge game.