The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-06-2004, 02:55 PM   #196
garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar512
I'm confused about others being confused. On my machine post #174 in this thread has Marichiko's name on it. Jinx's screenshot has post #174 attributed to Atropos. Can you change the author of a post after the fact? If not, how come I see Marichiko and Jinx sees Atropos?
Maybe because Mari went back and deleted the post with Atropos' name on it, and then resubmitted it with her own name on it? Jinx happened to catch it when it still had Atropos' name on it. But then wouldn't Mari have to have Atropos' password? I'm getting a headache.
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:58 PM   #197
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Dar, I believe the confusion will be stripped away when you understand that Marichiko is posting as different people. Marichiko posted under the Atropos name, then deleted the post when she realized what she had done, and reposted the same post as Marichiko. Jinx was qick enough to screenshot the original post, as Atropos, and posted it here for us to see that she was posting as Atropos.

There are 2 or 3 points that I brought up after Mari tried to deny that she is also Atropos. She still hasn't answered them. She says that Atropos uses her computer, but I quoted Atropos, acting like she doesn't know Mari. Why would Atropos act like she's in California and doesn't know Mari if she's using her computer? That doesn't make sense.

Neither does the fact that Mari says that Atropos was "logged on" to Mari's computer, and Mari wasn't aware of that until she posted as Atropos. As I pointed out earlier, that would have happened on Mari's 1:08am today post if that was the case.

So you see, the only logical conclusion is that Mari is lying when she says she isn't Atropos. She's caught, and doesn't want to admit it.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:58 PM   #198
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

You can't change an author after a post.

If you're logged in as the author, you can copy the post to your clipboard, and delete it. Then you can re-log-in under another account, and paste the same post 4 minutes later.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 03:00 PM   #199
marichiko

I am going to post the following because upon reflection, I think it very relevant to everything that has been going down here. I had been after Flippant to join the Cellar for quite sometime because I thought she'd find the discussions here interesting (HAH!). One day she was over at my place and I got her to take a look around here and join. From time to time she'll come over and use my computer to post things here. Once I'd forgotten she'd been on and sat down and posted a reply to something that Lookout had said and the reply showed up under her name. I apologized to both her and Lookout for this mistake.

LJ jumped on this error and apparently down in one of the image forums he accused me and Flippant of being the same person. I don't visit those forums much, but Flippant does, and she was really irritated. I never even bothered to look for LJ's post myself. Then a while back UT took to calling us MariFlip, which annoyed both of us.

Flippant decided to create a persona to post under who would have no sympathy for me and be as different from herself as possible. She figured that this way she could make the occasional comment without being attacked by LJ for being me in disguise hence "Atropos."

Space case that I am, I forgot that Atropos had been over here posting, so I posted my message above under her name. I feel very badly that due to my spacyness, I let Flippant's little joke out. She was simply as fed up of being attacked by LJ and subjected to his nutty accusations as I am.

Now, I have no control over Flippant's actions and she may decide to add her own comments here when she finally reads through this or she may not. I am not her, so I don't know what her response will be.

For anyone who cares, I post on the bosque as Archimedes, having made plain to all that in the Cellar I'm Marichiko. Sometimes I'm Buddha. On other sites you may see me as Manitoumulegirl. Got that straight LJ?
Old 12-06-2004, 03:03 PM   #200
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore
It could have been that Atropos was just checking her messages this afternoon.
At some point, Occam's Razor applies...
Old 12-06-2004, 03:04 PM   #201
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:

As fishy as this smells, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities for Flippant and/or Mari to use multiple screen names...because they're weird like that.
I would agree with you, except for this:

Quote:
It was her idea of a joke. Flippant's/Atropos' computer is down and she sometimes comes over to use mine. However I am not Flippant and I'm tired of that accusation, as well. If I were Flippant I could have her jump right in here, but she's at work and unlike some of you, she works at work and doesn't mess around on the net.
So if she was at work, she wouldn't be on Mari's computer.
Quote:
And they wouldn't be the first ones to do so...the owner of this board has a second screen name, though he hasn't used it recently, from what I've seen.
I agree, the part I have a problem with is her lying about it.

~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 12-06-2004, 03:15 PM   #202
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko

Space case that I am, I forgot that Atropos had been over here posting, so I posted my message above under her name. I feel very badly that due to my spacyness, I let Flippant's little joke out. She was simply as fed up of being attacked by LJ and subjected to his nutty accusations as I am.

Now, I have no control over Flippant's actions and she may decide to add her own comments here when she finally reads through this or she may not. I am not her, so I don't know what her response will be.

You have yet to respond to the time of the postings of both user names. If Atropos last posting was 12:55am and Mari's was 1:08am, both today, that means that the Mari ID would have been the one used last. Hence, when you posted at 1:43pm and 2:17pm, you would not have had to log in as you. You already were, from the 1:08am post.

If it went down as you say it did, where is Atropos' post between 1:08am this morning and 1:43pm this afternoon??

~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 12-06-2004, 03:35 PM   #203
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
Still trying to understand your rationale, LJ...why apologize to Dar?
it's simple, spode. I HAVE been kind of nasty. I tried to stay out of fights with most of those that jumped to bash me for dishing the shit at mari-flipan-atro-sybill, but i did't completely succeed. syc and tw in particular took a bit of return fire. I know I haven't been there with the positive stuff, and that when I post negative stuff, the scale tips. so I'm sorry about that. I'm not sorry for being mean to a liar, though.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 03:46 PM   #204
marichiko

Look guys, I can solve the mystery very easily for you. Flippant was over last night and we were both viewing this thread. She made her comment as Atropos and I made mine as me. Then Flippant went back on as Atropos because she wanted to check to see if she had any PM's. She then went home. The next day I sat down and wrote my post without noticing that I was automaticlly longed on as Atropos. I caught the error, snipped my post and logged Atrops off. You don't have to use a password to delete a message if you are already logged on as that person. It doesn't take a rocket scientist.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:58 PM   #205
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

How convenient. It took you that long to come up with that?

You wanna know what really gets me? I defended you. Won't make that mistake again.

~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Last edited by OnyxCougar; 12-06-2004 at 04:02 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:15 PM   #206
lookout123
changed his status to single

The Cellar: Multiple Personality Syndrome, it's not just for Slang anymore.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:21 PM   #207
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:

As fishy as this smells, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities for Flippant and/or Mari to use multiple screen names...because they're weird like that.

And they wouldn't be the first ones to do so...the owner of this board has a second screen name, though he hasn't used it recently, from what I've seen.
so you're ready to give her a pass for, what I think we all agree, is shitty behavior, yet you take every glimmer you can to lash out at me? what happened to demanding accountability? cock.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:11 PM   #208
flippant
*shameless....so stop trying so hard....*-me

It's been a long day. I come home to a voice mail from Mari and THIS? Yeah, I'm Atropos, so nail me to the cross. It was a joke. None of you believe I exist, so I gave you exactly what you wanted - a non-existant person who doesn't like Mari. Last night went down pretty much like Mari said only I didn't log back on to check for any PM's. I logged back on because I was going to reply to another thread, but instead I got to talking to Mari and saw how late it was and I had to get up to go to my job where I wish I DID have a multiple personality because they want me to do three people's work. I turned off the computer and Mari saw me to the door. I went home and went to sleep. I don't know what Mari did after I left. For what it's worth.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:17 PM   #209
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxCougar
How convenient. It took you that long to come up with that?

You wanna know what really gets me? I defended you. Won't make that mistake again.
I don't know. How long does it take YOU to come up with the truth? I didn't even think about the sequence of events. Flip and I were taking turns on the computer. So what? You're sure quick to come up with the accusations.

PS Thanks, Flip. You're right "for what it's worth." These people just want to believe what they feel like believing.

Last edited by marichiko; 12-06-2004 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:42 PM   #210
garnet

So will Flippant continue to post as both Flippant and Atropos? Flippant--why did you think it was necessary to create another identity? If you've got someting to say, just say it. I just don't get why you went to all that trouble to deceive people, especially with all the elaborate details about LA and such. I've never had anything against you, but I hope you understand that people will be suspicious of everything you post here from now on. And if you and Mari are indeed two different people (and lots of people have voiced doubts about that), Mari is the one taking th fall for this--not you.
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote