The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-06-2004, 05:54 PM   #211
perth
Strong Silent Type

Y'know. I've seen LJ accidentally post as Jinx, and I'm sure either Case or I accidentally posted as each other on occasion. It kind of goes with the territory when you share a computer, be it with a spouse, roommate, friend, whatever.

Why does Flippant have two logins? I dunno, don't care. No offence meant to her, but she hasn't really been around long enough to create much of an identity here. Look, just cut each other some slack. You don't have to like each other, that's fine. But this thread isn't going anywhere. Fuck, and I'm about to contribute to it. Whatever.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:59 PM   #212
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxCougar
Actually Mari, your story doesn't hold water for another reason: Atropos' Last post.

According to the member's list, Atropos' last post was at 12:55 am today.
According to the members list, Marichiko's last few posts were, in order,
1:08am, 1:43pm, and 2:17pm.

If it was a case of "she didn't log out of her screen name", as you suggest, that mistake would have been on the 1:08am post today, not one 3 posts after, this afternoon.

Hmmm. Again, Nice try.
And what's with the 1:43pm and 2:17pm? I think the prosecution is getting a little over-zealous. What's the big problem with THAT time frame?

I posted last night at 11:08pm. Flippant took her turn on the computer after that and apparently logged in as Atropos and didn't post anything because we got to talking instead. It was late, she went home, I didn't turn on the computer until 11:43 am the next day, caught the mistake, logged her off and posted as myself from that time forward. This is stupid. Since its the internet, I can't prove my innocence and you can't prove my guilt. You just get to believe what you want. I'm fed up with this entire thing.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:06 PM   #213
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

what is the difference...

...between a lookyloo and a rubbernecker?

A lookyloo is one who slows down and ties up traffic gaping at the carnage as he drives by on the shoulder, whereas a rubbernecker has to crane his head around and ties up traffic gaping at the carnage as he drives by from the opposite lane of traffic.

I hope the aid cars are on the way, because I gawp and stare but cannot help. I just want to get further on down the road.

The wreckage in this multi car, I mean multi post disaster has clogged the commerce of ideas so completely that I can't tell if I'm a lookyloo or a rubbernecker.

Either that or as some would say (and have done so in the past) that the real problem is that I just don't know if I'm coming or going...
Old 12-06-2004, 06:10 PM   #214
flippant
*shameless....so stop trying so hard....*-me

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet
So will Flippant continue to post as both Flippant and Atropos? Flippant--why did you think it was necessary to create another identity? If you've got someting to say, just say it. I just don't get why you went to all that trouble to deceive people, especially with all the elaborate details about LA and such. I've never had anything against you, but I hope you understand that people will be suspicious of everything you post here from now on. And if you and Mari are indeed two different people (and lots of people have voiced doubts about that), Mari is the one taking th fall for this--not you.

It was a joke, Garnet. Get it, J-O-K-E. And in a way, I'm getting the fallout for this too, since it was my prank and I didn't log myself off her computer when I was finished. Forgive me for having a sense of humour and this whole mistaken idenity thing was exactly what I was making fun of. Maybe I'm really YOU! Maybe I'm really LJ! Want to try to prove that I'm NOT you? Give this a rest. It's like Perth said, two people use the same computer and mistakes happen. It doesn't mean anything.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:16 PM   #215
garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippant
It was a joke, Garnet. Get it, J-O-K-E.
Yeah Flippant (or is it Atropos?) I "get it" all right...I think we all "get it" at this point.
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 06:19 PM   #216
marichiko

I'll tell you all what. Since Perth and I and Flippant all live in the same town. What if the three of us were to get together and Perth could verify to the world that yes, Virginia, there really are two seperate people who go by the board names of Flippant and Marichiko. That's if Flippant and Perth agree. I am Soooo fed up with this!

Of course, maybe I made Perth up. Or maybe Flippant made both me and Perth up or maybe...

Last edited by marichiko; 12-06-2004 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:23 PM   #217
marichiko

Quote:
Yeah Flippant (or is it Atropos?) I "get it" all right...I think we all "get it" at this point.

Yeah right, Garnet. And I'm sorry I ever defended YOU!

Last edited by marichiko; 12-06-2004 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:27 PM   #218
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

boy, when i stir shit, I don't fuck around. Come. sit at the feet of the master and I will instruct you.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 06:27 PM   #219
garnet

Excuse me? I questioned flippant's motives here--not yours. I personally think it's really sleazy what she did. When did I ever say anything about you?
Old 12-06-2004, 06:30 PM   #220
marichiko

Quote:
Excuse me? I questioned flippant's motives here--not yours. I personally think it's really sleazy what she did. When did I ever say anything about you?

Flippant's my friend, and I don't think it was sleazy. It was just her way of having a bit of fun. Big deal.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:36 PM   #221
garnet

Gosh, well I think I'll remove myself from this thread now....hopefully the whole damn thing will die out SOON.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:48 PM   #222
marichiko

Quote:
Gosh, well I think I'll remove myself from this thread now....hopefully the whole damn thing will die out SOON.
I couldn't agree with you more. It's a silly argument where neither side can prove anything. I'm outta this thread myself.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:57 PM   #223
404Error
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippant
Welcome Atropos!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Welcome, atropos. Don't let the natives bother you. We're mostly friendly (sort of).
Ooooh, it's 'humour'. I get it...
Old 12-06-2004, 07:24 PM   #224
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

So, Mari, hows the ole job search going??

Best double check who you are logged as on your email account before sending any follow up emails. Just a thought.

Oh, and ask Flipper or whatever if she still plans on rubbing elbows with Radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by atropos
You'll be a hit in Cali! I'll have my people get together with your people and eat dogs for lunch! Maybe we can come up with a new line of dog houses - Ocean views, priced in the lower $900,000's. Think it over. Good luck!
Old 12-06-2004, 07:56 PM   #225
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
so you're ready to give her a pass for, what I think we all agree, is shitty behavior, yet you take every glimmer you can to lash out at me? what happened to demanding accountability? cock.
"Why are you cutting Mari slack, but not me?! Waaaaaah!" Dude, get your diaper changed already.

Having just re-read everything, it would seem that the absolute worst case scenario is that Mari has a user ID called "atropos" and isn't being truthful about it. That would be stupid, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal. You, on the other hand, have repeatedly shown that you're a useless piece of shit. However, you did take a small step today towards accountability by admitting that you have been "kind of nasty." Now, don't go straining your arm patting yourself on the back, but there may actually be hope for you yet.

Last edited by elSicomoro; 12-06-2004 at 08:01 PM.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote