The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 04-27-2007, 04:51 PM   #16
wolf
lobber of scimitars

1. I think we need that hitler smiley added to the list.

2. Rolling Stone has what I would consider an anti-religious stance, and that colors the articles that they run. This story seems to run along the same lines as the documentary Jesus Camp ... information gets cherry-picked to evoke a negative response.

I may have more to say after I read the article in it's entirety.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:07 PM   #17
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
How would you suggest they do that without becoming what they are condemning?

And if their faith only concerns their God and themselves, why should they bother?
Good question. But then number of supporters for extremists religious leaders is growing - not diminishing. As are the number of Americans who outrightly deny Darwinism and want Genesis to be taught in school science (as The Economist noted this week). That does not sound like good Christians to me. That sounds like Chistians who endorse satanism in religion.

Last edited by tw; 04-27-2007 at 05:31 PM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:24 PM   #18
rkzenrage

He is trying his hardest to keep kids from being intelligent, rational thinkers because that is what threatens him and his peers.
They are the future and he wants them to be as far from who he thinks of as a threat. He is using any tactic he can to make that happen.
Just that, nothing else.

Or, perhaps he cares about them personally... there is your other option, LOL!
Old 04-27-2007, 07:44 PM   #19
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Good question. But then number of supporters for extremists religious leaders is growing - not diminishing. As are the number of Americans who outrightly deny Darwinism and want Genesis to be taught in school science (as The Economist noted this week). That does not sound like good Christians to me. That sounds like Chistians who endorse satanism in religion.
How do you make the leap from not believing Darwin to endorsing Satanism? Just because these people don't understand the sciences of geology, anthropology, ad infinitum doesn't make them Satanists, just wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage
snip~ Or, perhaps he cares about them personally ~snip
He's clearly a snake oil salesman, a charlatan, that's using religion for personal gain. Not a novel idea but no less despicable.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:06 PM   #20
tw

Quote:
How do you make the leap from not believing Darwin to endorsing Satanism? Just because these people don't understand the sciences of geology, anthropology, ad infinitum doesn't make them Satanists, just wrong.
Clearly not what I said, is it. Satanism - imposing one's religion on others.

Is that the only definition? You tell me? I've already posted this that you did not understand.

Number of supporters for extremists religious leaders is growing - not diminishing. Nothing about geology, anthropology, etc was posted. Why are you jumping to such conclusions?

Darwin has nothing to do with religion. Why then do extremist religious leaders attack Darwinism when it does not affect and is irrelevant to religion? Because Darwin is not irrelevant when religion is to be imposed on all others. Islamic Fundamentalism or Christian extremists. Both share a common agenda. Impose religion on all others. That is an example of satanism. Why is that so difficult, Bruce?
Old 04-27-2007, 08:16 PM   #21
Ibby
erika

What scares me the most are the descriptions of his "interns" at his "school", later on in the article.

They're brainwashed, mindless drones worked up into a religious frenzy for blood - the blood of everyone who isn't one of them, including other less-crazy Christians.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:28 PM   #22
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Radical Christians are no different than radical Muslims.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:30 PM   #23
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Except for that part where radical Christians are not killing anyone in large numbers.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:34 PM   #24
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Except for that part where radical Christians are not killing anyone in large numbers.
Well not recently anyway...
Old 04-27-2007, 09:38 PM   #25
Ibby
erika

They would if they could get away with it.

Thats why I fear BattleCry. I fear Ron Luce. I fear his private child army.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:54 AM   #26
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
1. I think we need that hitler smiley added to the list.
Cool. I actually made that yesterday. I won't tell you which smiley I started with to morph into Dolph.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:09 PM   #27
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
This is perfect... I don't even have to say it.
It is better when you don't. I for one don't take you seriously on this topic anymore.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:06 PM   #28
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Clearly not what I said, is it.
Yes it is
Quote:
snip~ I've already posted this that you did not understand.

Number of supporters for extremists religious leaders is growing - not diminishing. Nothing about geology, anthropology, etc was posted. Why are you jumping to such conclusions?
No, you posted
Quote:
But then number of supporters for extremists religious leaders is growing - not diminishing.
As are the number of Americans who outrightly deny Darwinism and want Genesis to be taught in school science (as The Economist noted this week).
That does not sound like good Christians to me.
That sounds like Chistians who endorse satanism in religion.
You posted those four sentences, in that order, nothing in between. Are you saying those are four independent thoughts that are not related to each other, but posted together as if they were a chain of thought? Or are you just trying to lie your way out... again?
Old 04-28-2007, 05:43 PM   #29
tw

Quote:
You posted those four sentences, in that order, nothing in between. Are you saying those are four independent thoughts that are not related to each other, but posted together as if they were a chain of thought?
Darwin has nothing to do with religion. Why then do extremist religious leaders attack Darwinism when it does not affect and is irrelevant to their religion? Because Darwin is not irrelevant when religion must be imposed on all others - religious extremism. Islamic Fundamentalism or Christian extremists. Both share a common agenda. Impose religion on all others.

Numbers of extremist religious is increasing - not diminishing. Extremists are increasingly attacking Darwinism by imposing their religious beliefs even on science - to force their parables upon all others. Does that sound like a 'good Christian' (or 'good Muslim')? Of course not. Once religion is anything more than a relationship between man and his god - satanism.

xoxoxoBruce - its not complex. But it is complex enough so that one can twist it only to argue. Which is it? Are you really so confused by a simple concept? Do you only want to argue? Or do you advocate religious extremism - the imposition of religion on all other people?
Old 04-28-2007, 10:21 PM   #30
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Darwin has nothing to do with religion. Why then do extremist religious leaders attack Darwinism when it does not affect and is irrelevant to their religion? Because Darwin is not irrelevant when religion must be imposed on all others - religious extremism. Islamic Fundamentalism or Christian extremists. Both share a common agenda. Impose religion on all others.

Numbers of extremist religious is increasing - not diminishing. Extremists are increasingly attacking Darwinism by imposing their religious beliefs even on science - to force their parables upon all others. Does that sound like a 'good Christian' (or 'good Muslim')? Of course not. Once religion is anything more than a relationship between man and his god - satanism.

xoxoxoBruce - its not complex. But it is complex enough so that one can twist it only to argue. Which is it? Are you really so confused by a simple concept? Do you only want to argue? Or do you advocate religious extremism - the imposition of religion on all other people?
You want to make a simple question personal, huh? Well Tommy boy I can get just as personal as you can.
You keep trying to avoid simple questions by ridiculing me and drawing attention away from the fact you haven't got any answers, just criticism, but that's not going to work because I'm going to keep asking the questions. You think people are fooled by your bullshit but they see right through you. Get used to it, liar.