The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:42 PM   #1
chrisinhouston
Professor

Cleaned up my camera closet, new gear on the way

A few weeks ago I just decided the time was right to sell off some older gear on Ebay. I had one camera body, a Canon 5D MKii that I hadn't really shot with in a year and several good but older model lenses. Canon keeps updating lenses so while what you have is good there is better and the resale of your lenses goes down with time. As far as cameras I seem to be shooting day to day stuff with my little Canon M system and sports and wildlife with the Canon 7D MkII body and lenses.

I sold off the Canon 5D MkII body and 3 Canon lenses; the older model 16-35mm f2.8, 100mm f2,8 Macro, 100-400mm f5.6 and my huge Sigma 800mm lens. In the end I made enough to get a nice wide angle zoom for the 7D system, a Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 and also the new Tamron 150-600mm f5-6.3 G2 that was only released in the USA in October. Today I ordered a new full frame Canon DSLR, the 7D I own is the reduced APS size. I ordered the Canon 5Ds which has the 50mp sensor. I figure this will be my camera for landscape and portraiture type stuff. I am selling a few other items to fund the Sigma 20mm f1.4 ART lens. I still have a Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 and the Canon 70-200mm f2.8 as well as the 85mm f1.2 so I am pretty much covered. Fun to play around with some new toys.
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote