The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-10-2005, 09:24 PM   #1
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Thanks Wolf!

Your Kel-Tec prompting has lead to some truly interesting cross platform accessorizing.

The Glock magazines fit the Model 23 and the Sub-2000.

The Kel-Tec folding bayonet fits both the Sub-2000 and the Mossberg 590

The .40 caliber ammunition fits both the Model 23 and the Sub-2000.

The only odd man out is the 12 gauge ammuntion.

I'm so feeling the love right now.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:31 PM   #2
wolf
lobber of scimitars

You are very welcome.

I told you you'd love it.

You can get a sling for the Sub2000 also ... typically available from your friendly local retailer.

Unless they just came out with a Glock23 grip on the keltech, please remember to buy Glock 22 mags. And, if you can find the extended 30 rounders in .40 ... they fit the Sub2000 quite nicely, feed well, and, just totally rock. Glock doesn't make those in 40, you have to buy them aftermarket ... Scherer makes them, and I think cheaperthandirt.com sells them, unless you run into a few at your next local gunshow.

The 12 gauge is not at all the odd man out.

It's a totally essential part of your home defense package.

You never know when you're going to need to keep the family safe from zombies.

Now, if you really, really need them ... I'm sure that there's someone out there that's making .40 shotshells, but I think they would be of limited usefulness.

Now ... (i just had a thought and had to add this) ... think about the possibility of an over-under, with a .40 bbl and a 12 gauge barrell. Wouldn't that just be the SHIT!

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 10:08 PM   #3
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Take a Sub-2000, add this

toss into a machine shop, shake well...

Edit: You can see a break down shot of the system here.

Last edited by Troubleshooter; 04-10-2005 at 10:11 PM.
Troubleshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 10:09 PM   #4
wolf
lobber of scimitars

The grenade uh .. flare launcher attachment for the AR15 is legal, you know.

My friend's wife has one ...

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 04-11-2005, 12:22 AM   #5
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Have you guys ever considered sending some of these ideas to our guys in Haliburtonland? We just packed off a "Care Package" from CostCo here in Fresno, and I can't help but thinking our guys could have used some of your stuff a lot more than all those candy bars and magazines.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:44 AM   #6
wolf
lobber of scimitars

There are rules about mailing such things.

Old 04-11-2005, 01:40 AM   #7
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Of course, I know that. I mean the INSTRUCTIONS. 40% of those kids were stockbrokers or clerks two years ago, they are fending for themselves in more ways than one, I'm sure you know more about it than I do. But people here are buying vests, night scopes, and binoculars on Ebay and sending them so why not detailed instructions about how to make something REALLY useful with all those weapons they are confiscating from dead insurgents? If they can figure out how to weld scrap metal to the Humvees, you know they could put together some really deadly combos to take on guard duty in the back streets.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:01 AM   #8
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Speaking of Care Packages, if anyone wants to adopt a soldier, here is a contact list for one of the agencies:

Erik B. Knutsen
Attn: My Soldier
HOW Btry/1-148 BA/116 BCT (forward)
APO, AE 09368

I do more than throw a yellow ribbon on my car... I write letters, send care packages and write my congresspeople about the pay these people are receiving, COLA increases, and dependant benefits.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 04:18 PM   #9
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

OC has a great idea, but check with the authorities that be about what you can send. We are reading that more than 90% of the corporate Care Packages (like from retail stores, industries sponsoring drives, etc) are never being distributed but are being left to rot unopened. The locals are allowed to pillage the shipments for whatever they can salvage, but the government is refusing to distribute them. I'm not talking about your private package of cookies and socks, but the bulk shipments of chapstick, mineral water, and expired shelf items. CostCo here sent toilet paper and other things from approved lists.

I was born at Ft. Bragg, NC, and both my parents were commissioned officers as were my uncles, but it seems to me that I'm the only one in my family who cares at all about the personal cost to those kids on the line out there. It sometimes seems that "soldier" is just a political term used to represent how big and tough we are when it comes for "standing up for our values" and nobody sees a bunch of neighborhood kids who would have led normal and hopefully productive lives if our government did not have its priorities fucked up. I don't think ribbons on your car do the job, that's only so you can have a feel-good moment when somebody just like you drives by. Our guys need more than that. They need to come home. If any of you have ever seen the "Five Stages of a Failed Project", the final step goes like this: "Praise and rewards for the non-participants". We do not need another sub-culture of bitter, disabled and disallusioned veterans, America still hasn't settled with the last one we created.

Sorry for the rant, but I have never gotten the idea out of my head that if we had not slaughtered a generation of our youth in Vietnam we would not be stuck with the hypocritical lying sacks of shit who are making our decisions now. They all weasled out of military service, they make no apologies for it either, and therefore haven't the slightest idea of the human cost beyond numbers. Now we are allowing it to happen again, and that's just plain insane.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:47 PM   #10
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonchi
Sorry for the rant, but I have never gotten the idea out of my head that if we had not slaughtered a generation of our youth in Vietnam we would not be stuck with the hypocritical lying sacks of shit who are making our decisions now. They all weasled out of military service, they make no apologies for it either, and therefore haven't the slightest idea of the human cost beyond numbers. Now we are allowing it to happen again, and that's just plain insane.
The sad/funny/ironic thing is that Vietnam combat vets who made it into politics (Kerry,McCain, Cleland) got completely slimed by the opposition, made up pretty much of armchair quarterbacks with stacked deferments or weekend warriors.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:38 PM   #11
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

That's Rove's greatest weapon. He attacks his opponents on his client's greatest weakness, so anything they say sounds like they're just copying him.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote