The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 05-05-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
Nirvana
Back in 10

Angry Sex offender castration, necessary? I think so...

http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=12425136

Quote:
Police say Logansport 4-year-old was raped

Logansport - Police say they are talking to a person of interest in the suspected rape of a four-year-old girl in Logansport.

A city worker driving past spotted the girl crying at the corner of Plum and Linden, a block from her house, around 6:30 a.m. Sunday.

"She was crying, wearing her nightgown, told him she was going home," said Logansport Police Lt. Cathi Collins.

The child then went home and went to sleep.

"Her siblings awoke and realized she was in disarray and woke mom up," Lt. Collins said.

The mother later called police, saying the girl had been beaten, choked and raped.

"Horrible. I think in the 30 years I've been here, it's probably the worst I've seen," Lt. Collins said.

By Tuesday afternoon, police had located a person of interest and officers walked every inch of the neighborhood.

"Wanted to know if we saw anything and, no, unfortunately, we didn't see a thing," said neighbor Joellen Roberts.

Police asked everyone with a garage for permission to search their garage. Folks said yes. Police wanted to inspect garages because they have evidence the assault occurred in a garage.

Investigators think they've found the crime scene, a garage very close to the preschooler's house. It's unclear how she ended up in that garage sometime between 3:00 and 6:30 a.m. Sunday.

Checking the state's sex offender registry, 22 violent and sex offenders appear within a mile of the girl's house. Some of them are classified as sexual predators. Eight of the offenders are within a half-mile of the home.

"In a park right in the neighborhood and stuff, you know, it's not good at all," said a neighbor.

An arrest will calm fears in the Cass County town.

"You almost want to keep her on a leash, because it's really scary to think that it happened this close to home," said Raine Monahan, the grandmother of a four-year-old.

"I've got a three-year-old, so it's like, it could happen to him. And now I'm like, I won't even let him go outside. Not anymore," said another neighbor. "It's crazy, it's sickening."

Because the victim is so young, there are questions, such as, "How did the suspect get access to her?" The police say there are no signs of forced entry at the home, but windows were left open at the house that night.

The girl is recovering and out of the hospital after the alleged assault.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Castration? No.

Single bullet - yup. . . or maybe just cut his d*ck off and let him bleed to death. There is no reason someone who does something like this should be on this planet another moment.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #3
Cloud

ya gotta wonder how people live with themselves
Old 05-05-2010, 07:06 PM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Kill him.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:21 AM   #5
GunMaster357
Professor

If they ever find a DNA match, gimme a gun and I'll happily do him.

That kind of person has nothing to do in this world.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:24 AM   #6
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Depends where he lives I suppose.
If it's in California he'd end up locked away in Coalinga for the rest of his life, even after serving the sentence passed down by a judge. With no legal recourse for release even if he agrees to chemical castration.

Enforced imprisonment outside the legal system with no hope of release. You don't get that for raping a girl over 16. You generally don't get that if you rape and murder her.

Obviously I'm not pro-paedophilia, but I think there are some places where laws are at least as harsh as they need to be.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:47 AM   #7
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Awesome post Sundae!
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:27 AM   #8
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Dani did you hear about the sentence for the man murdering his 5 day old daughter handed out today?
Five years.
Slammed her down on a changing table first time he was left alone with her.

I'm not making any point here. I'm just saying.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:06 AM   #9
rditlkustoleit
Violator of Customs

Jungle Justice baby! That means being subject to the swift laws of cause and effect.
You invade a pride of lions and violate one of their young, your going to be eaten - period.

The "choice" to commit predatory crimes creates the causes to forfeit one's life.

Predators such as these have a "hard wiring" issue that cannot be corrected, rehabilitated, etc. Their death benefits all, while their continued existence does not.

Therefore, we help protect the gene pool and thin the herd.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:28 AM   #10
glatt

I think there should be some sort of system where people like this are charged with the crime, and the police get to show the evidence they have that these guys did it, and these guys get a chance to show it wasn't actually them, and then someone, or a group of people act as a sort of referee where they decide if they are pretty sure that the guy did it or not. And then they look at how bad the thing was that the guy did, and then they look at what the rules are for the punishments you give for the kind of bad thing these guys did, and then the referee(s) decide on the punishment, working within those rules. And I think it should be a calm and thoughtful process where these referee(s) use their minds. Oh, and these referees, they shouldn't be a bunch of snooty rich people. They should be regular people.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:34 AM   #11
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I think there should be some sort of system where people like this are charged with the crime, and the police get to show the evidence they have that these guys did it, and these guys get a chance to show it wasn't actually them, and then someone, or a group of people act as a sort of referee where they decide if they are pretty sure that the guy did it or not. And then they look at how bad the thing was that the guy did, and then they look at what the rules are for the punishments you give for the kind of bad thing these guys did, and then the referee(s) decide on the punishment, working within those rules. And I think it should be a calm and thoughtful process where these referee(s) use their minds. Oh, and these referees, they shouldn't be a bunch of snooty rich people. They should be regular people.

That's a brilliant idea! Hopefully, it won't be a group of, like, 12 Angry Men.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:34 AM   #12
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by rditlkustoleit View Post
Jungle Justice baby! That means being subject to the swift laws of cause and effect.
You invade a pride of lions and violate one of their young, your going to be eaten - period.

The "choice" to commit predatory crimes creates the causes to forfeit one's life.

Predators such as these have a "hard wiring" issue that cannot be corrected, rehabilitated, etc. Their death benefits all, while their continued existence does not.

Therefore, we help protect the gene pool and thin the herd.
There is a trend towards that kind of behaviour. A male lion taking over the pride kills all the cubs, so that the females immediately go into heat and all new cubs are born with his genes. Stepfathers (offical or common-law) are FAR more likely to kill or abuse children who do not carry their genes.

Law of the jungle, baby.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:38 AM   #13
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

[justsayin']Rape is not about 'sex' it's a crime of violence. If castration is the 'cure' for male rapists, what do we propose we do to women who rape?[/justsayin']
Old 05-06-2010, 08:44 AM   #14
squirell nutkin
has a second hand user title

Quote:
I'll trade you three 'breaking and entering', a shoplifter, three 'drunk and disorderlies' and a 2nd time DUI for a plea bargain from child rape to endangering the welfare of a minor. Do we have a deal?

Sadly, when some kids grow up they are not content to trade baseball cards.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:29 AM   #15
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
... and then they look at what the rules are for the punishments you give for the kind of bad thing these guys did, and then the referee(s) decide on the punishment, working within those rules.
But can we shoot it off and let him bleed to death? Is that in the rules somewhere?
Can I get a copy?

Last edited by classicman; 05-06-2010 at 09:36 AM.
classicman is offline   Reply With Quote