The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 03-18-2014, 10:13 PM   #46
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I could use a few parts for a 666, can I get a discount?
Unfortunately there is a devil of a problem getting those parts. Are you willing to pay for it with your soul? Has it been discounted yet?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:26 PM   #47
monster
I hear them call the tide

My sole flounders in a dark plaice. Why has Cod forced hake on me?
Old 03-18-2014, 11:41 PM   #48
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beest View Post
Apparently that model is capable of non airstrip landings.
Absolutely, every plane can. It's when you want a non-fatal landing, or going for the brass ring of a non-fatal, plus reusable aircraft, that it gets infinitely more difficult.

When I read that article about landing on the beach, I was picturing this 777, 200 ft long by 200 ft wide, skipping down the beach like a Frisbee. Then some guys jump out high-fiving each other, and the boss says, quick, cover it with sand before somebody sees us, we'll dig it out when we're ready to leave. Better than the cartoon channel.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:10 AM   #49
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

If it landed, it must have landed where nobody saw it, or where somebody saw it and isn't telling.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:02 PM   #50
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Don't worry...

Courtney Love Thinks She's Found Missing Plane

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:12 PM   #51
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Thieves can strip a car in less than five minutes. How many minutes for an airplane?
You really are educated beyond your intelligence, aren't you?

The Boeing webpage 'Boeing 777 Facts' says there are 3,000,000 parts on a 777. I guess you could measure strip-time in minutes, but, that number would contain a fair number of zeros & commas.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:24 PM   #52
monster

You don't suspect a level of facetiousness?
Old 03-19-2014, 09:43 PM   #53
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
You really are educated beyond your intelligence, aren't you?
Gilligan proved you wrong. They built an entire residential island on but a few simple parts like sand, coconuts, and the Professor's magic glue.

Once lost on a deserted island, things become easier. Apparently a lack of government regulations makes life simpler. Even Rush says so. Why did you not kow that?

A car door has hundreds of parts. Even Gilligan, using the right bamboo, could remove it in seconds.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:51 AM   #54
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

The powers that be think they have found it. Bobbing around in the indian ocean off the coast of W.A.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:02 AM   #55
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Gilligan ...
My son discovered Gilligan's Island and watches it as much as he can, which works out to every weekday at 8PM. So I watch it with him.

The Island is a really fascinating place. The Polynesian natives have somehow picked up the Voodoo practices of Haiti and Africa, even though they are a hemisphere away. The castaways also frequently encounter mountain gorillas, which have somehow gotten half a world away from their African home and across a vast ocean to the Island. The laws of physics are such that spiders are able to grow to the size of a human. Oxygen is able to reach the tissues a foot or so inside their bodies, even though they have no lungs or blood vessels. And NASA rockets keep landing on or otherwise observing the Island. Lightning bolts on the island have the ability to make a person invisible. And perhaps most amazingly, the Island geography changes dramatically over time. Sometimes it is several days journey across, perhaps 100 kilometers or so. Other times, it is only a few hundred meters across. Sometimes, the largest cave on the island can only fit 6 of the 7 castaways in it. Other times, the largest cave can fit all 7 castaways, and a giant spider with plenty of room between them for a chase scene with a pigeon. Fascinating stuff.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:52 AM   #56
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
She's hiding it in her "hangar"
Old 03-20-2014, 11:59 AM   #57
monster

I wouldn't be surprised if it's under the pile of boots, shoes, coats and backpacks in our front room.... or embedded in the snow pile in our front yard.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:20 PM   #58
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
The Polynesian natives have somehow picked up the Voodoo practices of Haiti and Africa, even though they are a hemisphere away.
Those Polynesian natives commute from L.A. where they're libel to pick up anything. Ask Sheldon.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:16 PM   #59
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

I haven't heard about anyone filing claims for missing or damaged luggage so ...
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:13 PM   #60
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
I haven't heard about anyone filing claims for missing or damaged luggage so ...
In my experience, the luggage probably made it safely to Denver.