The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-30-2004, 02:17 PM   #16
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

When I was about 9 or so, I was walking around the neighborhood, just walking along, getting in a bit of fresh air and sun.

My babysitter, Cassandra, had a cat named Tiger, and he was sitting outside of her house. I saw him, and decided to go and pet him.

So, I come up to him, and I say, "Hey Tiger", and proceed to pet him. I had to bend down to do this, and I patted him on the head. He was fine...for about a minute, and then suddenly, I guess he had quite about enough, so he jumped up, and scratched both sides of my neck! I jumped back, and he ran off. I was left wondering, "WTF?!?!?!?!?!" and still wondering WTF to this day!!!

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 02:34 PM   #17
Tomas Rueda
Master of the Domain

once I had to cut the backyard grass for the first time this year. the mower still had last years grass. it would not tun on.

when I opened the grass compartment, I stuck my left hand in there and a snake jumped out of its nest.

but it was only 1 foot long and it did not bite me (but you bet it scared me.)
Old 04-30-2004, 02:41 PM   #18
SamGrey
Born of Text and Hubris

When I was no more than five we lived on a farm where we had a small number of chickens and a rooster from hell. This rooster was mean, and he would always attack me whenever I came near the coop. This was quite the problem as gathering eggs was one of my daily chores. After a while, it became a habit for me to always carry my big red plastic baseball bat with me to hold him off until I could safely slip back out with the eggs. I swear it became a sort of rivalry between us.

One calm summer day my little sister was toddling around on the front lawn near the coop when I saw a red streak heading towards her and realized that the rooster had gotten out. My mother, who was watching just heard me start yelling, "Oh no, oh no!" as I ran toward my sister. I was able to get in between her and the rooster, but as soon as he saw me he wrapped his legs around my ankle (I was wearing shorts) and started pecking. My mother who was there just moments after me scooped up my sister and was able to get the bird off of me, but, by then, my leg was thoroughly bloody.

Needless to say, the rooster didn't last too long after that.
SamGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 04:48 PM   #19
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Had a 19 or 20 hands Appaloosa stallion try to do me in but that was a draw. The most dangerous animal I've encountered was a woman scorned,...with an attack lawyer.
Old 04-30-2004, 04:52 PM   #20
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Now THAT is frightening!!!
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 04:59 PM   #21
blue
Operations Operative

Been around animals and hunting most of my life, no real spectacular incidents tho.

Used to fool around with my wife when we first met and her doberman was NOT happy about it...talk about performance anxiety!

And when I was five the horse I was riding on got sneak attacked in the hind legs by one of our mean chickens, took off like a bat out of hell and threw my little bitty self off, ass over teakettle...never ever did get on one of those damn things again.

We used to get "rammed" by our billy goat as kids, but it was more funny than scary.

About the only time I've been "attacked" was by our geese, those are some ornery creatures.

And then there's cows...been stepped on about 100 times which ain't so bad...bad part is the stupid things don't just step on you, they STAND on you until you summon up enough superhuman strength to get them to hell off.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:02 PM   #22
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

I had a pony that was "spirited", and I didn't have a problem with that, until he reared, I fell off, and he proceeded to step backward (front two legs still in the air....) and purposefully and willfully stepped directly on to me. One hoof got my inner thigh, and one got my groin. Left bruises for weeks.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:36 PM   #23
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

goddamn, cougar. Who the fuck did you piss off in your last life? You must have been the guy that nailed Jesus to the cross or something.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 05:50 PM   #24
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
goddamn, cougar. Who the fuck did you piss off in your last life? You must have been the guy that nailed Jesus to the cross or something.
LOL more likely I was Mrs. Pilate.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:53 PM   #25
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

that was my first choice for an example, but i didnt know how to spell it.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:02 PM   #26
staceyv
Lecturer

oh my god, where do i start??? i was an animal care technician at an animal shelter for 2 1/2 years, and i was a veterinary technician for 1 1/2 years. i can't even remember all the times i had to hold down a screaming, clawing cat, or catch a dog with one of those loops on a stick ("rabies pull")...i've put muzzles on pit bulls, caught psycho feral cats with leather gloves, ...okay, i'm bragging. i can't really pick one particular story...
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:28 PM   #27
onetrack
Coronation Incarnate

Hmm .. scary animal encounters, eh?

Scary is .. when you are little, and the animal is big .. or you're big and the animal is VERY dangerous ..

Worst? ..

1. Being 5 years old and bitten badly on the hand by Dad's Red Cloud Kelpie, when I was playing around the full milk cans from the dairy .. the dog was very possessive and considered the cans personal property. The dog got a bullet for his possessiveness.

2. Being 7 years old and being bitten badly on the hand, by brothers horse, on same dairy, when I reached up to pat it .. the horse didn't get a bullet .. it got sold, and I've never liked horses much, since ..

3. Being old enough to know better, and squatting in front of sunbaking freshwater crocodile (the harmless variety, they tell you) .. and upon rising up, quickly, found the crocodile would rise up on its legs and open its jaws ..

Called over 18 year old nephew, and said (classic) .. ''hey, watch this! ..'' and squatted, and raised myself up, two or three times in succession, in front of croc .. each time, having the same result on croc ..
On the fourth try .. croc leaps at me, and takes a good SNAP-P-P!!! .......

Me .. falls backwards in shock ..
Nephew .. rolls on ground, laughing his arse off .. Not funny ..... find out afterwards .. freshwater crocs will bite humans when annoyed .....

Also .. rising up quickly in front of croc, is a sign of aggression to them .....
Old 05-01-2004, 12:31 AM   #28
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

animals can sense evil
Old 05-01-2004, 12:35 AM   #29
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I can't believe i didn't think of the several occasions that we had a bat flying around in our old house. Not the old one we live in now; the old old one.

i think i can say honestly that I was at my chickiest the first time it happened. Did I already tell this story?
Old 05-01-2004, 12:48 AM   #30
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Nope.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote