The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 05-24-2004, 09:17 AM   #61
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Happy Monkey

damn. what a smart guy. judging by the one picture we've seen of him, i'd make him to be in his mid twenties, but he seems to know a good bit about pretty much everything that comes up on here. he's unabrasvie, whitty, and insightful. and a damn fine craftsman.
here's to the monkey! a 21 banana salute!!

lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:11 AM   #62
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Cellarites I think are particularly worthy of note are...Onyx Cougar.......that purple writing always cheers me up. Undertoad because he's da boss.....LJ because he'salways fun..... yelof because he's always got an intelligent angle on everything.....marichiko for being darned witty
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:17 AM   #63
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Lumberjim...

writes a damn good compliment.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:22 AM   #64
DanaC

that reminds me, yah, Happy monkey cause whats not to like about a happy monkey? and catwoman cause she's way cool
Old 05-24-2004, 10:29 AM   #65
DanaC

The trouble with this thread is I keep remembering people to compliment.
jaguar rocks
Old 05-24-2004, 12:27 PM   #66
marichiko

DanaC because she realizes quality when she sees it and also writes some extremely intelligent posts; Jaguar because he is too cool for words, but writes them, anyhow; LJ because he's funny and contributes so much to the cellar; Lady Sycamore because of her passion and wit; xoxoxoBruce because is generally level headed, amusing and kind.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:19 PM   #67
jaguar
whig

I knew all this place needed was a group hug.

marichiko for being deeply cool, DanaC for enlightening discussions of controlled substances, Wolf for being able to see a bit further than people`s political allignments, Syc for still being here, UT for paying for everything, LJ for being the self appointed village idiot (in a good way), Slang was cool but doesn`t seem to be around much anymore. xoxoxoBruce for the very cool dodads and enlightening anecdotes. At the end of the day I have a wider POV than I would if I had never come here and for that, I`m glad (avoids comments about looking into the abyss).

Like syc I`ve been here long enough to see people come and people go, I`ve seen plenty of stupid spats but many interesting and adult debates as well, in this day and age a free-for-all of ideas like this place is a very positive force in a world dominated by one-way media that has no interest in challanging our preconceptions.

On the MIA and missed list are Nic Name and Xumagad, who IMHO made the best argued posts here, JuJu was cool too but seems to live on his own board now.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:48 PM   #68
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

We've known each other 3 years, jag...and that's all you could say about me, you bastard?

Props to...

--Jag for hosting the Bosque
--UT for hosting the Cellar
--LadySyc for putting up with my shit
--me for dealing with all of you
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:12 PM   #69
Yelof
neither here nor there

First of all I would like to thank my mother and my father, this award was won by a team who should be up here on the podium with me....Shame on you, Mr. Bush! Shame on you!

Nah I don't think I'll do the compliments thing, but thanks to all of you who complimented me (Danac)

Yelof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 04:46 PM   #70
marichiko

Quote:
Originally posted by Yelof

Nah I don't think I'll do the compliments thing, but thanks to all of you who complimented me (Danac)

Me and my stupid memory. I wanted to compliment Yelof, as well, but couldn't remember your user name. So you may add me as well as DanaC to your list of fans.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:57 AM   #71
Catwoman
stalking a Tom

Marichiko for being right-on and literate
Jaguar for being kind and intelligent
Beestie for being strong but not abusive
Lady Sidhe for making me angry and inspiring a decent argument
DanaC for having a good point and putting it over gently and without contempt
Radar for his directness and lack of apology
LJ for his occasional wisdom
Glatt for making me see things I've missed
blue for being kinda cool
xoxoxoxBruce for being lovely

and I know I've forgotten user names but tough, if you're that good I'll remember your point if not your name

I know I'm only a Cellar baby but so glad I joined. You have all helped me to see things differently, so thank you. And I'd like to *sniff* thank my mother and my *sniff* coke dealer and *blubber* oh it's all too much....
Old 07-02-2004, 05:45 PM   #72
marichiko

I feel the need to add some compliments after this latest nasty round with HB. So here goes: UT for making this place available; Sycamore for not bailing out on us and his intelligent posts; LJ, I already complimented you last time but you remain a highly valued member of the board in my book; Smooth Moniker also for intelligence and grace in the face of opposition; Lookout 123 for wit; Catwoman for style and flair; Wolf for no nonsense speaking her mind. I applaud you all.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:56 PM   #73
blue
Operations Operative

Suck up.

But it it wasn't for your post I wouldn't have noticed catwoman kinda complimenting me. Hmm, I wonder if others have been saying nice things about me??

Catwoman, weren't you the one bragging on about how every male you know wants to bang you twice? And no pic to back that up? Or did I miss that too? Maybe I'll just mentally picture you as Halle Berry in the meantime.

Quote:
And I'd like to *sniff* thank my mother and my *sniff* coke dealer and *blubber* oh it's all too much....

Last edited by blue; 07-02-2004 at 05:59 PM.
blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 06:06 PM   #74
marichiko

Quote:
Originally posted by blue
Suck up.

:p You're just pissed cuz I didn't add you to my list. I considered it, but figured that would be your response. Actually, if there wasn't someone like you around that I could get enraged with, this place would be much more boring. So there!
Old 07-02-2004, 06:12 PM   #75
blue
Operations Operative

Yeah, plus we already had our obligatory pissing match...it's like we're old buddies.