Person who doesn't update the user title

Is Smarty a triple threat?

I think so.

Go Smarty! Make Philadelphia proud!

elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 01:17 AM   #2
wolf
lobber of scimitars

The mile and a half of Belmont breaks a lot of horses. The distance is longer than any of them have raced so far. I do think that if any horse in the field can do it, it's Smarty. Today's run was quite exceptional ... broke a record that stood since what, 1873 or something? 11 freaking lengths. I have never seen anything quite like it, except perhaps Secretariat's Derby win.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 09:22 AM   #3
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Philadelphia fans are so desperate for a champion, that I heard discussion on 610 WIP (local major sports radio) about a parade in smarty's honor if he wins the triple crown.

the host, whom I hate, Rob Charry, was of the position that a parade for a horse would make it known that we love our sports in Philly, and really deserve a champion. I think it makes Philly look hard up. so did a few of his callers, but i'd say that the majority said that they would attend if it came up.

losers.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 09:25 AM   #4
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Why not a parade? The first triple crown in 26 years, and only the 13th ever? That would deserve one, IMO.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 06:26 PM   #5
vsp
Syndrome of a Down

I would like to see another parade in Philly in my lifetime, and none of the sports teams are likely to do it any time soon... so bring the parade. I'll send some ticker-tape and some Fritos.
vsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 01:15 PM   #6
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Ticker-tape? I think these days they just dump shreddings all over everything.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 05-17-2004, 01:20 PM   #7
phillybilly
Belt Conveyor

We ARE hard up!!

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
Philadelphia fans are so desperate for a champion, that I heard discussion on 610 WIP (local major sports radio) about a parade in smarty's honor if he wins the triple crown.

the host, whom I hate, Rob Charry, was of the position that a parade for a horse would make it known that we love our sports in Philly, and really deserve a champion. I think it makes Philly look hard up. so did a few of his callers, but i'd say that the majority said that they would attend if it came up.

losers.

Yeah AHL, Indoor soccer and LaCrosse league championships are fine, but until one of the big four or a college win one to make me stop having to remember when I was 12 for the last championship.....then I'll get on the Smarty bandwagon...besides I've been winning money on these races......

Rob Charry is a Pheb, as are most on WIP.......but although I think a parade is a little excessive, I think it's cool what he's doing...

'Happiness is a warm pistol'

Later
phillybilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 01:25 PM   #8
phillybilly
Belt Conveyor

Besides.....

Quote:

losers.

If your not from philadelphia, what the hell do you know about sports suffering!

Later
Old 05-17-2004, 01:59 PM   #9
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Re: Besides.....

Quote:
Originally posted by phillybilly

If your not from philadelphia, what the hell do you know about sports suffering!

Later
I AM from philly, billy. I have to listen to loser phila fans all day every day. I like the Flyers, and the Sixers, but F the eagles.....go cowboys!

later
Old 05-17-2004, 02:09 PM   #10
phillybilly
Belt Conveyor

Re: Re: Besides.....

Quote:

I AM from philly, billy. I have to listen to loser phila fans all day every day. I like the Flyers, and the Sixers, but F the eagles.....go cowboys!

later

HELLO BANDWAGON !!!

Sorry man, you like a team outside of the hometown, BANDWAGON!! It's just the law of the land, unless your from Jersey! Then you can like who you want, I think that's why guys move to Jersey, the state emblem should be the bandwagon!!

OK, so your a loser Flyer & Sixers fan (sixers fan??? Sorry I'm white & 6 foot tall....never got into B-ball much) because you can't catagorize other fans as losers when you support loser teams!

Sorry to hear about your 'boyz' Yeah great draft of Julius Jones!! Left Kevin Jones & the Jackson kid hanging!! Yeah go get a second rate running back from an underachiving program....he'll get about 700 this season...on like 250 carries!!

Sorry man, it's the birds division again.....I have NO CLUE what the fucked up redskins fans are thinking!! It will take Gibbs, IF HE CAN two years to sort out the losing with that organization.

I think your boy Bill (whom I still like as a coach) is going to take the tank this year (gotta admit, the boyz overachived last year)and build it back up with Drew Henson......Carter will win nobody anything!!

Oh well, traing camp right around the corner.....

Later!!
Old 05-17-2004, 03:16 PM   #11
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Re: Re: Re: Besides.....

Quote:

HELLO BANDWAGON !!!

Sorry man, you like a team outside of the hometown, BANDWAGON!! It's just the law of the land, unless your from Jersey! Then you can like who you want, I think that's why guys move to Jersey, the state emblem should be the bandwagon!!

not true.

it just makes you a HOMER!.....when I decided I liked the Cowboys, I was 7 yrs old and lived in Virginia......so......there.

Why do you HAVE to like the team that happens to reside in the same town that your parents raised you!?!!!??.....
Old 05-17-2004, 03:48 PM   #12
phillybilly
Belt Conveyor

It's the town I reside in so I like Philadelphia sports teams....

OK I get it now, your excused, your not origiannly form here....that is what you should have said in the first place because now I don't give a rat's ass....

AND as a kid I liked the steelers, they used to kick the shit out of the cowboys, who always beat the pathetic eagles, so it was easy to like the steelers.

What do you think of your boys for 2004???

Like I said I think Billy knows they overachived last year and will work Hensen in and take a clunker of a season to get his system right.....not like he's getting fired or anything.....

Oh by the way, not like I like them or anything, but I'm whatever about the cowboys.....their 1500 miles away from me here....YET we have a division rival and hour up the turnpike!!! GOD I hate the giants!!!!

NEVER understood, outside of the cowboys luck and scumbag ways (Part of the reason I can't watch the show 'king of the hill' is his love for tom 'the scumbag' landry.....) NEVER understood why people would get all carzy over the boys when people in dallas always considered Washington their big rival....I would have thought the giants were a natural one.....WELL for me they are.....I hate the giants twice as much as the boys......but that's not saying much....

'happines is a warm pistol'

Later
Old 05-17-2004, 04:13 PM   #13
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Re: Besides.....

Quote:
OH , I can relate a bit. Like when the Colts left Baltimore (FUCK IRSAY!!!!!) and we were left without a team for years..yeah, I think I know a little sumthin' about sports suffering...lol!

:p

AND FUCK THE SKINSSSSSSSSS!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOO :

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 04:22 PM   #14
phillybilly
Belt Conveyor

On last note on little Smarty Jones...

In his pedigree......There is, on his mothers side, his great-great grand dam (g-g- grand mother) Foolish pleasure, 1975 Kentucky Derby winner.

on his sires (dad) side is the 1953 Preakness & Belmont winner Native dancer.......that's nice.......but you can bet the farm on smarty....because

His great-great grand sire (G-G- grand dad) was Secretariat!!

I think he's got this one!!!

and yes ladysycamore!! FUCK the redskins, cowboys, giants!!!! fuck the rest of the NFC east!!

'happines is a warm pistol'

Later
Old 06-05-2004, 05:53 PM   #15
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Now we know for sure that Smarty Jones is a True Philadelphia Sports Figure.