The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2006, 10:36 PM   #1
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Movies you are ashamed of....

We had a TV show thread but not one for movies. We all have enjoyed movies that we know have been critical flops, or that our friends considered lame.

I'll start with a few.

Doctor Detroit

Big Trouble in Little China

Quote:
Jack Burton: Okay, I get the picture White Tigers, Lords of Death, guys in funny suits throwing plastic explosives while poison arrows fall from the sky and the pillars of heaven shake, huh? Sure, okay, I see Charlie Chan, Fu Manchu and a hundred howlin' monkey temples, and that's just for starters, right? Fine! I'm back! I'm ready, goddammit let me at 'em!
The Last Starfighter

Lord help me, I even enjoyed parts of Battle Beyond the Stars, a second rate sci-fi version of The Magnificent Seven, both movies including Robert Vaughn in the same role.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote