The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 01-20-2005, 06:22 PM   #61
staceyv
Lecturer

Justme, no problem. I'm sure you were just trying to help...
jinx, I take a multivitamin every day that has 835% of my daily allowance of B6 and 553% B12. (Twinlab allergy multi)

I took a quiz to see if I have Asperger's my score was 134, which was high..OC do you know your child's score? I'd like to compare...

Last edited by staceyv; 01-20-2005 at 06:43 PM.
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 06:34 PM   #62
justme
Belt Conveyor

"Why are my feelings so easily hurt? Mostly the things that set me off are when people I work with are rude, or if I have no control over the situation. If someone treats me rudely, I want to punch them in the face, but I know I can't, so I just cry. I'm nice to everyone I work with. I listen if someone wants to vent, I'm easy on the new people and my bussers. I have such a hard time dealing with rude people who lack compassion or empathy. I hold in too much anger because I can't say and do what I want, I have to be so fake and polite all the time at work. Any self help book suggestions?"

Okay, here is another suggestion.
This part doesn't look like depression. It looks like stress. I've had something like that when one of my co-workers has used every moment to proove me and everybody in the office I'm stupid. It was okay, I always replied her nicely, but felt too much agressivness after work. It's bad if you can not ignore that stupid b... because she's doing everything not to be ignored.
Today I feel relief. I don't need to deal with somebody's stupidity, watch my back, cover my butt. Every day, every moment...What for? For stupid clerical duties and funny clerical payment?

Do you like your job, stacey? As I remember I don't, do you? This is the one of sourses for stress. Maybe, is it time to think about your life improvment?

P.S. Yes, I cried twice. Yes, I'm strong ,but I did cry.
justme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 07:06 PM   #63
justme
Belt Conveyor

Here is mine.

"Your score
You seem to have quite a few Aspie-traits "
Old 01-20-2005, 07:12 PM   #64
staceyv
Lecturer

Maybe everyone has some of these symptoms??
Come on everyone, telll me your score!!
Old 01-20-2005, 07:31 PM   #65
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by perth
...I felt as though I wasn't myself if I wasn't depressed about something....
Years ago I read an article about that phenomenon somewhere. Your body/mind starts to recognize anything long-term as 'normal' and it works at keeping things 'normal'. So if you've been depressed for a long time, that becomes 'normal' for you and the body works to keep things that way.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:31 PM   #66
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyv
After doing some research, it looks like I have a ton of symptoms of Asperger's syndrome. Unfortunately, there's no cure for that one, but I guess it would be nice to get diagnosed with SOMEthing...I'll bring this up when I see a therapist.
If you had Asperger's you would have been told long before now. It's diagnosed in early childhood. Adults don't suddenly get it.

Put down the Big Book of Crazy™ (DSM-IV) and step away.

Stop focusing on "what my problem is called" and look more closely at "what my problem is."

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:02 PM   #67
staceyv
Lecturer

Actually, many people with Asperger's aren't diagnosed until they self diagnose in midlife, because as children, they are seen as bright. They are early readers, they have excellent verbal skills and often excel in one or two areas, so the only thing that seems "off" about them is that they are seen as "shy", they have a hard time making friends, etc. But that usually doesn't send teachers and parents running to find a diagnosis. I'm not saying I just contracted it, I'm saying I may have found a name for what I have. I have ALWAYS felt weird, different, whatever...
Old 01-20-2005, 10:22 PM   #68
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Got a 99....guess I failed.
OK, you've got a name for it, what are you going to do about it?
Old 01-20-2005, 10:53 PM   #69
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Stacey, you seem to interact well with other humans.

You are able to form relationships.

You don't have Asperger's.

But you might have a raging case of Sophmoreitis.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 01-20-2005, 11:54 PM   #70
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

raging sophmoritis. they make a cream for that.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:10 AM   #71
staceyv
Lecturer

wolf, that was a huge compliment to me, whether it was your intention or not My strength is with writing, it's very easy for me to put my thoughts into words, but if we were all meeting at a restaurant, I guarantee you, you would think otherwise...
Yes, I'm able to form relationships- with one person at a time! I get overwhelmed if I have too many people in my life, and more than one seems to be too many..
Okay, maybe I don't have a "syndrome", maybe I'm just introverted or really sensitive, or I have issues simply because my mother treated me as an unwanted pain in the ass or maybe I have brain damage from when I fell down a flight of wood stairs and got a concussion at age 5.. maybe there's no name for it. I didn't say I had a definate diagnosis... Either way, I'ts nice to go to the Asperger syndrome forums and read personal descriptions and stories that I can relate to so much. Even if I don't have it, I have a lot in common with them, I have a lot of the same little quirks...
Over the years I have read so many friggin self-help books, many of them about social skills, reading body language, motivation, etc. So I am able to go to work and act normal, but I think a lot just eats me up inside...
All of these people I work with always want to hang out and drink after work, I think they're crazy. I can't WAIT to get home and rest in peace and quiet.
I have been told by every single person I know, either that I'm weird, that I talk too much (my husband and ex boyfriends), and mostly that I am too sensitive, too easily overwhelmed.
I have Stacey syndrome, how's that?

Last edited by staceyv; 01-21-2005 at 06:24 AM.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:34 AM   #72
staceyv
Lecturer

okay, I just looked up sophomoritis, it's a condition that second year medical students get, more commonly known as hypochondriasis (didi I spell that right?).
Yeah, I can see why you'd call me a hypochondriac. I do seem to have a lot of ideas about what is "wrong with me" and it would be great if it were a mental thing, only, how to fix it??
I internalize stress and it seems to me that I developed all of my food intolerances during periods of high stress and during my two worst relationships. I do have blood tests to back it up though. Basically, when my mental health suffers, I hold it in and I develop physical problems. And it seems to me like I haven't ever had a long break from emotional pain or overstress.
As they say in russian, "Mhe polney pizdets"
Old 01-21-2005, 06:40 AM   #73
wolf
lobber of scimitars

My Abnormal Psych prof didn't team me much abnormal psych ... but he did drum one thing into us ...

"All of Human Experience is mediated through both the body and the mind."

Mental Health affects physical health.

Physical health affects mental health.

Go see someone and stop guessing.

Old 01-21-2005, 07:05 AM   #74
justme
Belt Conveyor

staceyv:
"Yeah, I can see why you'd call me a hypochondriac. I do seem to have a lot of ideas about what is "wrong with me" and it would be great if it were a mental thing, only, how to fix it?? "

wolf:
"Stop focusing on "what my problem is called" and look more closely at "what my problem is."

That's all for now
Old 01-21-2005, 07:36 AM   #75
staceyv
Lecturer

I'm confused