The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 08-12-2005, 11:31 AM   #16
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

'spode, you forgot the scotch.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:36 AM   #17
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Just want to add my congrats!! Iif your on your way to the Iowa state fair to enter some more contests, I would be happy to host you in our "test" kitchen anytime...mmmm cookies.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:38 AM   #18
mrnoodle
bent

Wow, a trifecta! Many congrats.
mrnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:00 PM   #19
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
Instructions for baking: mix ingredients together in a bowl or something. Place in a blob or blobs in/on an appropriate cooking vessel/surface. Turn oven on some pretty hot temperature. Stick stuff inside. Take out when no longer gooshy, but not burnt, either.
See, that is how I cook. And it works well. I'm a good cook. But. Baking requires something extra. Something missing from your description and missing from my well established habits: careful measurement, of both ingredients and temperatures and times. I'm waaay too freestyle to actually bake anything more complicated than chocolate chip cookies with any kind of reliable success.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:24 PM   #20
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

I can dig it BigV , i make a soup called Mad Man soup ,
ingredents , 2 packs of ramen noodles and what ever i can find in the fridg and spice cabnet that sounds good togather , most of the time it turns out good , some times it turns out SPECTACULER , other times it tastes like ASS !!!!!!

Oh and congrats on the bakeing comp Melidasaur!!!!!

Can i lick your bowls ???
Old 08-12-2005, 01:13 PM   #21
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Congrats Mel! That's awesome! I know those fairs have some stiff competition! I wonder if Colorado's has a baking contest..............

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 03:06 PM   #22
melidasaur
Traded your soul for pogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat
Just want to add my congrats!! Iif your on your way to the Iowa state fair to enter some more contests, I would be happy to host you in our "test" kitchen anytime...mmmm cookies.
The Iowa State Fair is my ultimate dream... I was raised in Ames and did 4-H - I got to the state fair once with that and when I saw the calibre of adult entrants, I knew it was definitely something to aspire to.

When this great Iowa State Fair venture occurs, I'll let you know.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:18 AM   #23
bigw00dy
I'm here once in a while

Congratts to you melidasaur !!!!
...At the 4-H fair in my neck of the woods, my 2 year old daughter won the "Curliest Hair" contest. By far, the Proudest day of my life
bigw00dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:53 AM   #24
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV
See, that is how I cook. And it works well. I'm a good cook. But. Baking requires something extra. Something missing from your description and missing from my well established habits: careful measurement, of both ingredients and temperatures and times. I'm waaay too freestyle to actually bake anything more complicated than chocolate chip cookies with any kind of reliable success.
I think that something extra is referred to as 'scratch', the ingredient used in creating all great baked goods. I'll let you know when I find out where to get it.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote