The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 09-28-2005, 05:59 PM   #16
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV

Question: for those bloggers in the audience, how to you keep the crap out?
You set your blogger commenting tool to only those users who are registered with blogger.

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 07:42 PM   #17
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

THANK YOU!!

Edit:

Grrrrrr.... thanks for the really good tip. Unfortunately, the crap spam I did get and didn't like got through with that setting already in place. The only tighter notch on the belt is "Members of this blog". I don't think I want to go there just yet. I don't need another population of users to keep track of. I guess I'll just manually delete the crap out of there. Are there any other tips in this vein? Do I have to manually groom each post for bs comments?

Last edited by BigV; 09-28-2005 at 07:46 PM.
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 07:46 PM   #18
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

mrnoodle:

Is that your snake? She's beautiful.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:25 AM   #19
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Was "Pinky" an underdone mouse, or did you happen to have some spare gerbil babies in the other room?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 05:17 AM   #20
lheene
Resident Denizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV
Having won the wrestling match with Picassa, Hello, and Blogspot, I now have the pleasure of introducing our newest family member:

I wanted to call him Upsilon but I though I'd get tired of having to explain why...

Slizzy's a darling! I also checked out your blog...mmm...appetizing, yes? heh-heh. By the way, is Pinky a mouse?
lheene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 10:13 AM   #21
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

wolf, lheene, the pinkie was a baby mouse. They're standard fare in the frozen section of the pet food aisle. Each one is $1.29, but considerably less in bulk, I understand. We heat some water, then with the pinkie in the plastic bag from the store, we immerse it into the water to thaw then warm the mouse. This is known as f/t feeding, frozen/thawed feeding. Eventually, he'll graduate to f/t hoppers, baby furry mice, then to f/t adults.

When I was young, we fed live rodents to our snakes. That is not considered a good idea any more. There is some risk to the reptile of being bitten, and with the kind of training from a hatchling to take f/t food, that risk is now zero. Of course it is much easier to just order up a bag of 25 or 50 mice than it is to keep a colony of feed animals in the house.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:11 PM   #22
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I started feeding my ball python only thawed dead rats after one bit him on the nose... but then after about a year of it, he just stopped eating them. He wouldn't eat again until I put a live one in there. I still try to get him smaller ones than he can necessarily handle to give him an advantage.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 08:37 PM   #23
Mage
Bored

I like snakes....