The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Old 10-25-2006, 09:40 PM   #1
marichiko

NVIDIA anyone?

Somebody gave me a computer game that requires a more advanced graphics driver than the one I now have. It is my understanding that NVIDIA won't let you download updates for free the way most other outfits will do. Does anyone know of a site where I could download the latest NVIDIA driver? Right now I have nvidia g force 4 on an e-machine T3065, 3000+ AMD Athion XP Processor, and a 160 GB hard drive. My OS is Windows XP. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2006, 09:48 PM   #2
maninthebox
eats paste

I was just at NVidia's site, and it seems that there is still drivers there for the GeForce series there and including the 4's. And didn't see anywhere where you had to pay for them. I have a GeForce in my machine and never had problems downloading the drivers off of the site. You could also try the manufacturer's website of the computer. Maybe they have updated drivers there as well.
maninthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:51 PM   #3
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

Try here maybe?http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

or herehttp://www.techspot.com/tweaks/geforce/index.shtml
Old 10-26-2006, 12:16 AM   #4
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

A potential solution:
Driver Guide.com
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:24 AM   #5
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

If anyone knows how to upgrade an ATI Radeon Mobility 320m video driver (same problem as Marichiko), I'd kiss the ground you walk on..or whatever the equivalent is in cyberspace.

Why do they put video drivers in laptops that aren't supported??!!
Old 10-27-2006, 12:07 AM   #6
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormieweather
If anyone knows how to upgrade an ATI Radeon Mobility 320m video driver (same problem as Marichiko), I'd kiss the ground you walk on..
I have personal experience with ATI. Some years ago, I discovered a software bug in the BIOS on their video card. You know all those mysterious software upgrades from 6.06 to 6.07 (for example)? One of those was from me. Well ATI (as I know it) bought other people's card, added something, and sold it under their logo. If your video card is same, then the driver would also be found under another manufacturer name. Important information includes the FCC ID number and from the big chip - manufacturer name and chip part number. Just another way to find the same driver under another manufacturer name.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote