The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #8386
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

just got a couple ice cream sandwiches from the ice cream truck, one for me, one for SonofV. Delicious! The chocolate cookie top and bottom were slightly crunchy, and the ice cream was firm. Just delicious!
Old 07-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #8387
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Today I am happy because I've had my hair cut and I have pink hair again - for the summer.

Far better to just be happy with my hair and think "Yippee!" every time I pass a reflective surface, which is how I feel today.
I'll back that, Sundae! You go!

I'm happy today because I got some COOL stuff for my cowgirl weekend in Colorado, coming up in a few days ... my favorite is a very cool pocket knife, my first ever. I got the outdoor store guy to show me every knife in the place, tested them all, and got one that isn't over the top but very nice - two edges, nice release and fold, lightweight. And some other camping stuff I've always wanted but ex-husband never approved. So I'm playing with my new toys and feeling happy, getting ready to go herd those dogies
Old 07-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #8388
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I had an appointment at the hospital today and the docs are very happy with how I'm managing my GDM, so I only have to test my blood half as much now. Only 2 pricks a day instead of 4.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #8389
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

All right! Good news, Ali ...

the fewer pricks in our lives, the better.

Seriously, I'm glad you're managing your GDM well and numbers are looking good. Very good news for you and the baby.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #8390
Aliantha

Thanks ortho. Things are going well, so under the circumstances, I'm pretty happy. I would just like to sleep for the last bit of a while. Unfortunately, the other grommets wont allow for that.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #8391
Aliantha

I am so happy the weather has been pretty good over the last week or so. It's great to have Max playing outside with the dogs and his bikes and stuff instead of cooped up in the house.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:58 AM   #8392
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I can't get excited about a knife personally, Orth, but I am pleased that you are so happy.
Ali - way to go! Impressed at your resolve to do what's right by you & yours.

Went to see the kittens yesterday. All is well. One tiny nark - why isn't she using the room thermometer I bought her? She said they weren't sure how many layers the babies should be wearing in this weather. Tell you what love, plug it in, check the temp, refer to the enclosed leaflet which is BMA etc approved. It even says to add one more layer for underweight/ premature babies. Still I didn't say all that. Just gently suggested it might help. Her babies, her rules of course.

Anyway.

Liam being fed.
Jack and me.
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2012, 08:17 AM   #8393
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Went to The Mann Music Center last night with my 21 year old daughter. We saw The Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra perform THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: SYMPHONY OF THE GODDESSES.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #8394
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Although this cup of coffee doesn't rank with new babies, or going to the symphony with my daughter (or son) to hear a performance of game music, I am happy to have it. A bit jealous--no, tha's not the right word... I'm happy for my cup of coffee, and I'm really happy for my friends and the wonderful experiences they've shared. Those both look and sound sublime.

Cheers~!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #8395
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

V, sounds like you grabbed a different cannister to make your coffee this a.m.

Cheers~!
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:19 AM   #8396
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Maybe because you don't know me very well.

There's nothing better than a new baby. The meaning of the universe is and understatement. And hanging out with my not-so-baby children like Spexxvet described would be sublime. SonofV loves the music of his video games. He's been known to setup his computer next to his keyboard and step through videos of various game music themes trying to learn them for himself. If we attended a performance by the symphony of music from The Legend of Zelda, my place in the Dad Hall of Fame would be a lock. And just look at those tiny babies!!
Old 08-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #8397
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Spent 4 hours with Tiger & Kitty today.
Family Fun Day in the Vale Park.
We've agreed we'll meet up when they have the Petting Zoo in Kingsbury (another free event) and possibly go to Oak View Farm together.

I've also agreed with Mum that we'll go to Wendover on Saturday as one of the deli's there is having some tasting sessions and I get a free glass of fizz. Mum had a voucher too, but she threw it away - we were given a lot of bumf for completing the Gemstone Walk and I read all mine carefully before disposing. We've already had free make-overs from my careful culling... I like Wendover, it's a pretty town with some of the independent shops I miss by living here. I expect to come back with some photos. And not having spent too much money...!

Some Tiger pics in the Aylesbury thread. I didn't even need to pixellate - I'm afraid the Sports Setting on my camera did not do as well as I thought when I looked at the photos real size.

Ahem. I mean I didn't do as well of course...
I don't think the BBC are going to be in touch for my skills at action photography for this Olympics anyway.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #8398
glatt

That's great! I was just looking at the pictures and you look like you had a great time.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #8399
Aliantha

Tonight is the last round of footy for the season. I love watching the boys play, but being manager of the team sucks balls, specially since the kids are in the oldest junior div at the club and all the parents are sick of volunteering so sit on their arses and avoid helping out as much as possible!

Not doing it next year if my boys even play. They're both contemplating giving it a miss because they think their time would be better spent studying. As a parent, I have been happy to hear this.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #8400
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

I got my stitches out! Woo! Now if my finger would only heal up so I could type without issue..