The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 11-22-2004, 06:45 PM   #46
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Wolf
We'll always have a military. By hook or crook, subjugation or legislation, our gov't will keep one intact somehow. No worries about that.
I volunteer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2004, 07:55 PM   #47
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy
Need I say more?

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 08:47 PM   #48
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy
You know, you don't get to start out as a Capn.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:07 PM   #49
wah
Vivacious Vivisectionist

Quote:
Not joking, jag.......... There is no such thing as an "ex" marine. Have a good day!
Brainwashing is a powerful thing. Funny thing is...the only reason left to have invaded Iraq is to "Free 'those' People" and now we are doing so by letting God sort them out.

Hmmm...does that make sense to anyone? How can one deny God when one is acting like it?
wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:09 PM   #50
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Damn!
Old 11-22-2004, 09:13 PM   #51
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

wah! Wah! wah!
Old 11-22-2004, 09:25 PM   #52
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

A brain is a terrible thing to wash.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:38 PM   #53
wah
Vivacious Vivisectionist

[quote]A brain is a terrible thing to wash.[quote]Here I would disagree quite strongly. Most brains need a good washing, especially those that become so dirty as to be useless.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:28 AM   #54
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by wah
Funny thing is...the only reason left to have invaded Iraq is to "Free 'those' People" and now we are doing so by letting God sort them out.
Hmmm...does that make sense to anyone? How can one deny God when one is acting like it?
Free at last, free at last........
Old 11-23-2004, 09:37 AM   #55
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

FOLLOWUP. Andrew Sullivan points to this message which is a first-person account of some of the fighting in Fallujah, including some heroic accounts. It is great reading.

http://www.thegreenside.com/story.asp?ContentID=11151

And it closes with this:
Quote:
In closing, I want to share with you a vignette about when the Marines secured the Old Bridge (the one where the Americans were mutilated and hung on March 31) this week. After the Marines had done all the work and secured the bridge, we walked across to meet up with 3rd LAR on the other side. On the Fallujah side of the bridge where the Americans were hung there is some Arabic writing on the bridge. An interpreter translated it for me as we walked through. It read: "Long Live the Mujahadeen. Fallujah is the Graveyard for Americans and the end of the Marine Corps."

As I came back across the bridge there was a squad sitting in their Amtrac smoking and watching the show. The Marines had written their own message below the enemy's. It is not something that Mom would appreciate but it fit the moment to a T. Not far from the vehicle were two dead enemy laying where they died. The Marines were sick of watching the "Dog and Pony show" and wanted to get back to work.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 01:54 PM   #56
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Very good link!
Thanks, UT............
Old 11-23-2004, 07:13 PM   #57
Brown Thrasher
self=proclaimed ass looking for truth whatever that means

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wah
Brainwashing is a powerful thing. Funny thing is...the only reason left to have invaded Iraq is to "Free 'those' People" and now we are doing so by letting God sort them out.

Judgement a is very powerful tool. The only problem is it's a fools trade. "How can one deny God when one is acting like It"? This appears to be a question you might want to ask Wha Wha............. "Hmmm... does that make sense to anyone"?
Old 11-23-2004, 07:25 PM   #58
Brown Thrasher
self=proclaimed ass looking for truth whatever that means

Cool

[quote=wah][quote]A brain is a terrible thing to wash.
Quote:
Here I would disagree quite strongly. Most brains need a good washing, especially those that become so dirty as to be useless.
Please tell me where to find the proper cleaning solution to get a clean brain. I surely wouldn't want mine to be so dirty as to be useless. Maybe you could help me here, as you appear to be an authority on this issue..........
It is quite cumbersome, trying to think when the brain has not been cleaned in such a long time........Help me please. I don't want to be useless...
Old 11-23-2004, 09:06 PM   #59
wah
Vivacious Vivisectionist

BT quipped:
Quote:
Please tell me where to find the proper cleaning solution to get a clean brain. I surely wouldn't want mine to be so dirty as to be useless.
The proper solution is to take two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen, let them coallesce into a substance that is cool and clear, then drink it. Swish it around in your head.

That's about it, there's your proper cleaning solution, which is that which is what you and your brain are mostly made of. Then wait. Then later, when thirsty, drink some more.

Do stuff. Think about things. Things about lots of things. Live your life. Swish the thoughts around in the water.

Make sure to go to the deep and dark places of the brain too. The mind tends to hide the dirty things there. Those are the ones most likely in need of a quick scrub down anyway, IMHO. Many of them might be hidden. The water will find them...eventually.

When you get hungry, do not eat. Repeat: when hungry, do not eat. If you are modern person capable of owning, maintaining, and using a computer on the internet, this shouldn't pose an immediate threat to survival.

Keep doing this day after day. After a couple days, you can start to eat again, but eat only simple food. Maybe noodles and rice. Very basic foods, very...efficient forms of food/energy (i.e. plants). Animal food/energy will be better later if you wish to regain some of the mass you lose while washing, the beasts represent life more "condensed" than plants and are good for restoring strength of body.

Also, excercise. Get lots of exercise. I find walking to be sufficient, but that's just because my knees hurt when I run too much (old football trauma). Sports are also nice. Push the body forward.

Do that for a long enough time. Keep thinking of the deep dark places. Keep swishing arounds the thoughts. Think of the happy places too. You will probably need to as your body starts to feed, ever so slightly, upon itself. Don't worry, those pangs are completely normal and natural parts of life. Some people get them every day. Expect a bit of physical pain, as such is a near-universal part of a good brain washing technique. It is easier to endure the pain if you inflict it upon yourself and with good reason.

A proper brain washing requires good reason. It is the poor reasons you are wishing to wash away, one would think.

You should know when your brain is clean, generally. When you <i>really know</i>, you will know it is clean. If you have to think about it, you most likely need to keep the mental gurgle going.

Once you have decided the brain is clean, resume normal living. Notice how fresh and bright the world seems, relatively.

Also, try and stay on topic. And yes, I've been thinking about this answer for more than a day or two.

peace.

Also, very cool story from the Marine. I respect the fuck out of those dudes, it's their CinC I think is the fool. A fool who has made some VERY POOR judgements.

One of my friends has a similar story from a raid on a house in Ar Ramadi. It ends with the jihadi blowing himself to pieces, blowing my friend's arm a new hole, sending a fragmant into his temple that bounced off his skull, and worse. One his fellow Soldiers on the same raid can no longer tell stories, to anyone. Another Hero, born in death in a distant desert.

Quote:
The Marines took the apartments quickly and moved to the rooftops and began engaging enemy that were trying to move into their fighting positions. The scene on the rooftop was surreal. Machine gun teams were running boxes of ammo up 8 flights of stairs in full body armor and carrying up machine guns while snipers engaged enemy shooters. The whole time the enemy was firing mortars and rockets at the apartments. Honest to God, I don't think I saw a single Marine even distracted by the enemy fire. Their squad leaders, and platoon commanders had them prepared and they were executing their assigned tasks.
Like I said, brainwashing can be very useful. It is not to be undertaken lightly.

sorry for typose and long slightly off-topic post.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:59 PM   #60
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

NEWSFLASH

Water has been discovered to be a very useful substance to aid in the cleansing of numerous objects. Studies have proven it also as an essential factor in hygiene for all parts of the human anatomy, including the brain.You will be updated as results from the experiment are revealed...............