The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 06-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #8086
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I've had great luck with my frigidaire appliances so far. The dishwasher is on its way out after almost nine years. The motor and everything work fine, just all the racks, and plastic crap inside have all gone to shit. Replacing them all is more than a new dishwasher.

Chris, your freezer issue may also be a bad gasket letting in too much moist air. See if the frost buildup is greatest at any spot, that will be the source of the air incursion.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #8087
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinhouston View Post
Actually, from what I have found in help forums for refrigerator issues my unit cools from the freezer side and the cooled air is transferred to the fridge side via some vents. Somehow the vents get blocked with an ice buildup which is why letting the damn thing thaw out always seems to fix the problem. My dilemma is that it has been happening every 2-3 months for the past 3 years! This is like the 10th or so time I have had to do this and the thing is only about 5 years old! And it was a fancy smanshy model with shiny bright thingies and smooth glide drawers!

"And inside, it's just as lovely: two shelves where none are needed, and look at that -- close the door and the light ... STAYS ON!"
Chris, the same logic is applied if you overload your fridge/freezer. The air needs to circulate in order for the thermostat to know what it's supposed to be doing. If there's too much in there (particularly the freezer) then it will start doing stupid stuff.

I would recommend not putting so much stuff in there and see how that works for you.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #8088
Beest
Adapt and Survive

Yes, we noticed the milk going off and after working on it I found that yes the air was not circulating properly from freezer to fridge, also the freezer was crazy cold. On ours the flow from freezer to fridge is at the top, if you put your hand near it you can feel cold air being blown out. I cleared out the top shelf and put a hairdrier on it this only helped a little. I looked for the other vent that goes fridge to freezer it was about 3/4 of the way down and had a box against it sealing it up quite neatly, i popped the grill off and it was solid ice inside, I hit this with a hairdrier until I couldn't see any more ice and Bob's your uncle. I was careful to put jars and bottles in this area since they would not seal up the whole in the same way, been great since.

If you have cleared it out or it is working i would look for the two vents and make sure they don't get blocked.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:13 AM   #8089
Aliantha

I had an ante natal visit today. They told me I have gestational diabetes.

I'm too fucking old for this shit.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:09 AM   #8090
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Oh Ali, sorry to hear that.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:14 AM   #8091
Aliantha

Thanks limey. I'm sure I'll be fine. I just can't imagine what more could go wrong other than for the baby to decide to come too early, and let's just hope that doesn't happen.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:16 AM   #8092
limey

I'll keep my fingers crossed, and you can keep your legs crossed!!
Old 06-29-2012, 01:26 AM   #8093
Aliantha

I'm never having sex again.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:36 AM   #8094
limey

That's not what I meant !
Old 06-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #8095
Aliantha

I know.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #8096
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Sorry to bring this up again - I know lots of you were very helpful and supportive in early June when my stbx was pulling all sorts of shit, and I appreciate that more than you can know. And I've gotten myself moved out, and the final papers are supposed to be signed on Thursday (the 5th).

Today stbx texted all day saying his income has dropped drastically this month, that his income will be less than mine once he pays alimony for two years while I train (not true), and that I need to share expenses for the kids (college expenses). And he wants an exception to the nonmodifiable alimony in case he's totally disabled ... it has to be worded carefully though, because he can get his disability insurance if he decides he can't work ER anymore, even if he does other medical work and makes almost as much income as he does now.

I'm feeling like I'm still held hostage, like I will be for the next two years; he wants to meet in person, see my place, makes inappropriate comments about my body ... and I'm so close to having final papers signed, he says he's willing to do it Thursday morning, but now I feel like it won't really be final. Like he'll still have his hooks in me and I'll be hearing from him endlessly, and enduring his inappropriate comments and having to use my bit of capital to keep the kids going, and I'll feel like I just got f*cked over after all, trying to leave ...

I guess I'm trying to talk out the fact that I don't think this can work in a civil way. That I'm probably going to have to take the scorched-earth route and discontinue my initial divorce filing and re-file in the county where we live, so that I can hire the attorney that I'd prefer to have ... and it'll be 2-3 years of bitter fighting and acrimony and endless expense.

I didn't want this to happen. I hate it. After 2-3 years of fighting there may not be much left once the lawyers get their take. But I can see endless years of being hoovered back into interactions that trigger my PTSD and make me almost unable to function. He ruined my day today and it wasn't a critical day at work; once those critical days start, I can't afford this. It makes me SO angry ...
Old 07-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #8097
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Sorry, orthodoc. I wish I had more to offer than a virtual hug. Your situation sounds like it totally sucks.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:08 PM   #8098
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

sounds like Uncle vinny and D Boyz need to go have a Little talk with butt head
Old 07-03-2012, 11:54 PM   #8099
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

All hugs very much appreciated, clod ... and I heart you, zippyt!

Need to take some time-out and regain some perspective ... maybe it's a good thing tomorrow is a holiday.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:06 AM   #8100
limey

I was just wondering about you a day or two ago ...
Ortho - more hugs coming atcher from waaaay over here. I'd say whatever you do do NOT let him come to your new place - try to keep that free of any taint of him. In fact, can you arrange to only meet him in a public place (coffee shop?) with a third party present (if you must meet him at all?), which might inhibit his inappropriate remarks? Though I'd much rather you didn't meet him at all.
Sorry that your attempts to be civil seem not to be appreciated. Maybe scorched earth is the only way to protect yourself moving forwards?

Tags
swiss