The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 10-11-2001, 12:34 PM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

10/11: Python and Pit Bull

Guy decides he likes vicious and difficult pets. So he buys a python AND a pit bull. And now he has only one of them left.

The pit bull weighed 30 pounds.

The only solution for this, I believe, is for the guy to be put into jail... with a python. Not his python, but a rather larger one, from the Amazon. A hungry one. The guy can only go without sleep for so long...
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 01:07 PM   #2
dave

As a snake enthusiast, I feel I must reply to this (and in doing so, return from my nearly week-long absence - more on this later).

The guy is an idiot. More likely though, he was neglecting the snake. It actually appears to be an anaconda, but it could be a burmese or reticulated python as well... anyway, the snake was likely RAVENOUS because (trust me), they don't eat if they're not hungry. I've owned 4 pythons and 1 boa constrictor and they simply *will not eat* if they're not hungry.

Also, while it's likely that a large anaconda could kill him, it's highly unlikely that it could actually eat him. Most of the pictures you see where it's claimed "man eaten by huge snake" are false - in reality, a 20 foot anaconda will eat a boar, and they'll hype it up and go "30 foot anaconda eats human"... uh, no. AFAIK, there are no known records of any snake fully consuming a full-grown adult.

Regardless, they have been known to eat dogs when they're hungry. Such is life. I have 6 rats and they're awesome. I don't like the fact that the ones in pet stores are generally snake food, but you can't do much about it either...
Old 10-11-2001, 05:07 PM   #3
ChrisD
Poker Pariah

human eating snakes

Just thought I'd chime in on this one. I saw a series of pictures a while back of a a snake that had eaten a full grown man. The pictures were all there was, no captions or story. First picture: Bloated snake. Second picture: villagers cutting it open with a machete. Third picture: Curled up body of full grown man, somewhat digested (mostly slimy looking) with villagers crying in background. Defintely didn't look fake. Sticks with me to this day.

cd
ChrisD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 08:58 PM   #4
dave

i've seen those too. the analysis (from the experts, not me): fake.

they simply cannot stretch enough to take a full grown man. also consider: snakes eat their food head-first (as in, they start at the head and swallow whole) - how would one get over the SHOULDERS?