The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 10-16-2004, 09:35 PM   #1
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Are Redheads Better?

I've recently become a redhead and have notice a 50% increase in Male Attention since changing. Anyone have a preference or similar story? (LJ excepting)
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 10:17 PM   #2
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

I love redheads.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 10:24 PM   #3
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Love as in "want to have sex with", or love as in "I've a lot of relatives with red hair and I love them in a platonic way."

-----my favorite smilie...!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 10-16-2004, 10:28 PM   #4
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Just take a wild guess.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:31 PM   #5
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
I've recently become a redhead and have notice a 50% increase in Male Attention since changing. Anyone have a preference or similar story? (LJ excepting)
Why not post a before and after picture so we can judge.

BTW Lauren Holly as a redhead and a blonde
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama

Last edited by richlevy; 10-16-2004 at 10:40 PM.
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 10:36 PM   #6
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I would if I were savvy (ask wolf and she, between gales and/or peals of laughter, will tell you) and had some way to scan, which I've no idea how to do--my printer (came with my awesome emachine! isn't even hooked up--am without a man and without any 'puter savvy. sorry! if could get it hooked up and knew what I was doing I would definitely post a pic! THEN i would be able to host a hoe-down!!

—James Barrie

Old 10-16-2004, 10:39 PM   #7
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

All I'm gonna say to that is, if you did have a man, you might STILL not have any computer savvy available!

(There's always snail mail.)
Old 10-16-2004, 10:42 PM   #8
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Hmmm...I generally prefer dark hair, but I could go for a redhead.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 10:48 PM   #9
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Mrs. Elspode is what I like to refer to as a "redhead by choice" (or what she refers to as "the rug not matching the curtains, which is actually much funnier). I am the person who dyes her hair, and by golly, I love it! I've always been a major redhead fan, in fact. Also, there seem to be a lot of witches who are either redheads by nature or choice, so that works out well!

Yeah, guys like redheads, Bri. Let us know when it pays off?
Old 10-16-2004, 11:16 PM   #10
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

OK!! Hoping it willl pay off by, like, this coming weekend!!

—James Barrie

Old 10-17-2004, 03:35 AM   #11
alphageek31337
Enemy Combatant/Evildoer

For the record, redheads are my kryptonite, too. Have been since I started paying attention to such things (around age 12). There's no logic, there's no explanation, they just really blow my mind.

Gentlemen may prefer blondes, but Real Guys Like Redheads
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

---Friedrich Nietzsche
alphageek31337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 12:26 PM   #12
marichiko

I tried the redhead thing for a while, and it was great fun! People (men) did treat me differently as a redhead. Complete strangers would walk up to me on the street and start talking about redheads. Here's a little redhead joke:
The mating call of the blond: "Hi, I'm blond!"
The mating call of the brunette: "Have all the blonds left yet?"
The mating call of the redhead: "Next!"
Old 10-17-2004, 03:49 PM   #13
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

So.......is the prejudice against redheads just an English thang? Being a redheaded child is up there with eczema, acne and smelling of wee when it comes to bullying in an English school

In fact I had a friend a few years ago who was ....well racist, not to put too fine a point on it. He used to say "I'd shag a black bird before I'd shag a ginger " .....since he was living on and off with a half Jamaican lass at the time, I took him at his word.

I think red can look amazing, depending on the shade. Full on ginger though looks better on a woman :P

Last edited by DanaC; 10-17-2004 at 03:52 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 04:08 PM   #14
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC
So.......is the prejudice against redheads just an English thang? Being a redheaded child is up there with eczema, acne and smelling of wee when it comes to bullying in an English school

In fact I had a friend a few years ago who was ....well racist, not to put too fine a point on it. He used to say "I'd shag a black bird before I'd shag a ginger " .....since he was living on and off with a half Jamaican lass at the time, I took him at his word.

I think red can look amazing, depending on the shade. Full on ginger though looks better on a woman :P
I suspect it is more English than American. I remember a red haired girl in my first or second grade class who got a lot of bullying, but it was on account of the fact that she was the tallest child in the class, not so much her red hair. She probably got the last laugh on us all and grew up to be a gorgeous red head with legs that wouldn't stop and men fainting in her path. Here in the States, I'd say that red heads are considered pretty sexy and intriguing.
Old 10-17-2004, 04:30 PM   #15
lookout123
changed his status to single

there are different types of "'red" too. flaming red? not so attractive. a deep red with darker skin... mmm, lookout!