FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 03-09-2005, 09:32 PM   #46
Brown Thrasher
self=proclaimed ass looking for truth whatever that means

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404Error
There may not be more drugs in prison than on the street but rest assured, for the right price you can get anything you want in prison.

And for what it's worth, inmates returning from off grounds furloughs (yes, minimum security prisons still grant weekend furloughs) are always strip searched, urine screened and if alcohol use is suspected, breath tested.
So, what is your point?
For the right price you can by anything on most any street corner, if you know where to go. If you still trying to convince me there are more drugs in prison than on the streets, you are wrong.......
I have taught classes on addiction and other things like taking responsibility for ones mistakes in more than one institution. I've actually been on the searches.... so what does that tell us? Are we afraid to accept that maybe some of our institutions run by the govt. are flawed????????

Last edited by Brown Thrasher; 03-09-2005 at 09:36 PM. Reason: spelling error
Brown Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 10:25 PM   #47
busterb
NSABFD

An alcoholic/addict will steal your wallet. But the addict will help you hunt it.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:48 PM   #48
Brown Thrasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterb
An alcoholic/addict will steal your wallet. But the addict will help you hunt it.
Your statement does not make sense to me. However, I think it was attempt at humor. That's good, I like sick humor at times.........Better sick humor than none at all.....
Old 03-10-2005, 11:57 PM   #49
404Error
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Thrasher
I have taught classes on addiction and other things like taking responsibility for ones mistakes in more than one institution. I've actually been on the searches.... so what does that tell us? Are we afraid to accept that maybe some of our institutions run by the govt. are flawed????????
Oh well then, if you've actually "been on the searches", I guess that tells us you are the expert on what the real deal is inside our prison systems. Guess I don't have a leg to stand on in this discussion. I mean I only did 20 years inside as a meer correctional officer so what would I know about the availability of drugs in prison?
Old 03-11-2005, 12:41 AM   #50
Brown Thrasher

Quote:
Oh well then, if you've actually "been on the searches", I guess that tells us you are the expert on what the real deal is inside our prison systems. Guess I don't have a leg to stand on in this discussion. I mean I only did 20 years inside as a meer correctional officer so what would I know about the availability of drugs in prison?

Error, I dont' claim to be an expert on anything. I am definetly sorry for your misfortune of spending 20 years with psychopaths. My point was, as it is now, there are more drugs on the streets than in prison. I know there are drugs in prison, but I think you said there were more drugs in prison than on the streets. If I am wrong, about your statement. Please accept my apology.....
Old 03-11-2005, 12:58 AM   #51
404Error
Lecturer

This is what I said in response to your statement that it was a myth about there being more drugs in prison than on the street.

Quote:
There may not be more drugs in prison than on the street but rest assured, for the right price you can get anything you want in prison.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:45 PM   #52
Brown Thrasher

Quote:
This is what I said in response to your statement that it was a myth about there being more drugs in prison than on the street.

Once again, I apologize. You are right. Someone made the statement, that there were more drugs in an inpatient treatment than on the streets.... I made the statement that was a myth. I went on to say that was like saying there were more drugs in prison than on the streets.. Also, I agree with enough money, you can get about anything you want in prison; just like you can on the streets.....
Old 03-12-2005, 09:40 AM   #53
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Thrasher
A little contradiction. You are the one that said that your friend gave of drugs because it was intefering with his alcohol. However you are right if he does drink alcohol or do drugs that does not mean he is addicted. I'm glad your friend is associated with A.A... The program is quite helpful to some alcoholics. If your talking about Dr. Bob, who with Bill W. founded A.A. in the 1930"s He must be quite OLD and knowledgable.
To clarify, he gave up drugs because they interfered with his drinking. For many years he scoffed at Dr Bobs assertion he was an alcoholic. He could handle it. Then about 25 years ago he hit bottom and ever since has been sober and heavily involved in AA, founding chapters, staffing hotlines, lobbying pols and preaching the AA gospel. Yeah, he's old.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:59 PM   #54
Brown Thrasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
To clarify, he gave up drugs because they interfered with his drinking. For many years he scoffed at Dr Bobs assertion he was an alcoholic. He could handle it. Then about 25 years ago he hit bottom and ever since has been sober and heavily involved in AA, founding chapters, staffing hotlines, lobbying pols and preaching the AA gospel. Yeah, he's old.
Bless him. A.A. really works for people who want it to work. Most everybody preaches something..... If preaching A.A. is helping him and others, more pwer to him......
Old 03-13-2005, 05:01 PM   #55
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

You know, the whole preachy-thing about AA is what turns me off. Why can't AA be more like Jesus? And why does everybody have to be so mean to the Newcomer? And why do you have to do 90 meetings in 90 days if you didn't drink 90 days in a row?????
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 08:22 PM   #56
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Because after 90 odd years of trial and error they've found out that works.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:04 AM   #57
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Because after 90 odd years of trial and error they've found out that works.
I'll drink to that*

*soda! Drink soda!!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 03-14-2005, 10:10 AM   #58
mrnoodle
bent

I wish there was an entity as effective as AA for meth users. I know there are various 12-step programs that sort of blanket the whole realm of addiction, but meth is a filthy, filthy drug that deserves separate attention.

I've got two friends who are hooked on it, and one of them is almost to the point of no return, brain-wise. She doesn't even talk like an intelligent person anymore. I imagine her heart rate is similar to that of a small bird, and she weighs about as much. She's had an intervention, she's been in jail, she's been broke, she's been raped, she sells both meth and her own body (although she swears she's not 'working' anymore, no one really believes her). Her teeth used to be beautiful, but they're nasty and brown now. Oddly enough, her hair's still in, and she doesn't have the burn marks on her fingertips from the pipe anymore. I hope she's not injecting. Age -- 23.

Meth is the filthiest drug ever invented.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:04 AM   #59
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Wow--23. Such a waste! They are thinking of passing a law here in OH to limit the amount of sudafed you can buy in a month. Anything like that in CO??

—James Barrie

Old 03-14-2005, 11:42 AM   #60
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Here in my town, in La, they keep the ephedrin based products behind the counter. You can buy them now problem, you just have to ask for them.

As to the people who do it to themselves after people have tried to help them repeatedly, more power to them, do more drugs and faster. It's part of my drug legalization platform.