The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 02-20-2008, 11:39 AM   #61
glatt

I'm not so sure that 3rd grade is too early to figure it out.

I'm no expert in transgender or bi or gay development, but I know what it's like to be attracted to someone.

I had the beginning stages of a crush on a girl in kindergarten, and it became a stronger crush as grade school progressed. I wasn't old enough to have the sexual feelings behind the crush, but I knew she was special and I liked her in a different way than I liked other girls. By third grade it was a strong enough crush to know I liked girls, and not boys.

My daughter in second grade had a crush on an older boy.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:42 AM   #62
Flint
Snowflake

I don't think that gender identity is a sexual thing at all. In this context. He isn't "gay" ... "gay" males are still male, in gender identity.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:03 PM   #63
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Certainly you aren't naive enough to think this kid isn't going to have the teachers walking on eggs. Just trying to remember to never refer to him as him or her,
I don't feel all that much pain for the other kids losing their share of those fractions of seconds of indecision.
Quote:
and making sure none of the other kids insult him.
That's part of their job already. Kids insult about anything, and if they do it in the presence of a teacher, the teacher has to address it. Nothing new.
Quote:
You know he's going to get special attention that detracts from the time spent on other kids. Hell, they are already spending money to send out pamphlets to all the parents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
It's not a letter it's packets of information, not a sheet you run off on the xerox.
So they put pamphlets in with a letter? I can't imagine how they managed.

And none of this supreme effort would have been necessary if they weren't worried about other parents freaking out, which isn't the kid's fault.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:40 PM   #64
freshnesschronic
Professor

Ehhhhh, I'm with Bruce. School isn't a democracy. It's one of the few places constitutional rights are vetoed by the educational process. The lil' dude can just wear tight girl jeans if he wants, punk high school kids do it all the time. As long as he isn't cross dressing in the 3rd grade. Bruce is right with all the special attention he will be reeling in.
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:56 PM   #65
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

A transgendered second grader. I'm... skeptical. Frankly this is too young to know with much certainty about it's gender identity (I'm using these terms loosely, in the vernacular, not as a professional). I will say with confidence that a youngster can want to be called any number of things as they're coming up. Including identities of the opposite sex, or of a made up character, etc. This easily can include dressing accordingly.

Even this weekend SonofV and I went through a bit of the "call me Weavel, until we get home, ok?" stuff. No costume changes though. All normal.

Yeesh. What a tempest in a teapot.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #66
R2D3
buck fush

good think youre kid is normal bigv hoep that never changes you couldn't handle it.,

closed minded fux here.
R2D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:40 PM   #67
lookout123
changed his status to single

ohhai douchebag! so glad to see you haven't been banned yet. with the way you make friends i can see you'll have a long and fruitful stay in the cellar.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:44 PM   #68
R2D3
buck fush

lookin forward to it
Old 02-20-2008, 03:48 PM   #69
lookout123

yes, i'm sure you are. i'm thinking we should get WHIP to give us the over/under on how long you last.

let's see now... joined 10/07. 31 posts. number of positive contributions... still zero.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:49 PM   #70
R2D3
buck fush

Im the best ever

tried a contribution but closet minds cant read it cause youall know it all
Old 02-20-2008, 03:52 PM   #71
lookout123

by "all" do you mean "how to string together properly spelled words to make a cohesive statement"?
Old 02-20-2008, 03:54 PM   #72
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
Ehhhhh, I'm with Bruce. School isn't a democracy. It's one of the few places constitutional rights are vetoed by the educational process. The lil' dude can just wear tight girl jeans if he wants, punk high school kids do it all the time. As long as he isn't cross dressing in the 3rd grade. Bruce is right with all the special attention he will be reeling in.

Your school may not be a democracy, but some are... and they work pretty well that way.

---

"Information packet" is school speak for pamphlet with a cover note.

The point is, the school is not really going "out of it's way" to help this kid. The kid is not "making them jump through hoops". All you people who think it is s big deal are clearly too far removed from the everyday running of decent elementary schools to realize that this could almost go unnoticed if silly homophobic parents didn't create a hoo-haa about it.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:55 PM   #73
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

If nothing else, R2D3 has a good user title.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:55 PM   #74
R2D3
buck fush

Yes. Fucketh thou, thee fuckiest fuck fuck of the Kingdom of Fucktitude.

I've seen you. You're like many others, cry because you're wealthy, tell the world what is right, yet you don't contribute to helping anyone, you don't lend a hand, you don't do much but wallow in your sadness over what you could have done if you had used your powers for good instead of evil.

A boring lot.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:57 PM   #75
lookout123

homophobic? not at all. sick and fucking tired of every other person playing some sort of minority or victim card? yep.

seriously, i don't give a damn what the kid thinks he is or how open minded his parents are. it's real simple: if he has a penis, he's a boy and needs to put a pair of pants on and go to class. if he wants to sit when he pees, that's cool. he can do that in the boys' bathroom. if he wants to be called sheila and wear a dress at home, that's up to his parents. until such time as his parents take him and and pay to have to his pecker cut off, he's a boy. now it's time to stfu, sit down and learn some readin, ritin, and rithmatic. *tobacco spit*