The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 05-11-2004, 12:42 PM   #1
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Judge orders couple not to have children

ROCHESTER, New York (AP) -- A couple has been ordered not to conceive any more children until the ones they already have are no longer in foster care.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/05/08/co....ap/index.html
Old 05-11-2004, 01:04 PM   #2
glatt

..and in related news, a judge in Connecticut ordered the sun to stop shining.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 01:09 PM   #3
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Good for the judge, although the decision will likely be overturned on appeal. I'm all for everyone on public assistance OR having children in DHS/CYS custody having to be on either the Norplant or the Depot Provera shots.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 01:56 PM   #4
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

"Neither parent attended the proceeding or secured legal representation. The mother waived her right to a lawyer, and the father never showed up in court.

The mother was found to have neglected her four children, ages 1, 2, 4 and 5. All three children who were tested for cocaine tested positive, according to court papers. Both parents had a history of drug abuse. It was not immediately clear if the father had other children.

A case worker testified that the parents ignored an order to get mental health treatment and attend parenting classes after the 1-year-old was born."

GO, JUDGE! Go, Judge! Go, Judge!

A friend of mine knows a girl who's had TEN children. She did drugs with all of them, KNOWING she was pregnant, and five are now in foster care. The rest are dead because of her drug use. She says she's going to keep having kids until she gets a girl (her last one was a girl--it died inside her because of the drug use). She's constantly in jail.

People like that should be sterilized. Sometimes forced sterilization isn't a bad thing. They aren't "sick," they're addicted. Addiction isn't a sickness--I don't care what people think. Calling it a sickness is just an excuse.

These people are happily destroying their children's lives. Think of the problems these children will have in the future due to the drugs in their systems. Not only health problems, but emotional problems and learning disabilities.

Yeah, I think they should hold them both down and just rip out their reproductive organs, then give them all the cocaine they want. That would solve the problem real quick.

Sidhe

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 02:04 PM   #5
glatt

I'd rather live in a country where the government can't choose which citizens are allowed to reproduce.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:11 PM   #6
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

Oh, I don't know about that. I think that certain people shouldn't be able to reproduce.

People who can't take care of themselves, much less a child, should not be able to reproduce. Child molesters shouldn't; abusers shouldn't; drug abusers shouldn't (until they've proven drug-free for a year--how's that?); people who neglect the children they already have shouldn't be able to have kids.

I'm more concerned for the children, or possible children, than I am with these people. They are a threat to any potential children, so why should we give them a ready-made victim?

If you show that you're irresponsible in a car, we take away your license (your right to drive, in other words), sometimes permanently. Why should it be any different when a child's well-being, and perhaps life, is at stake?

Sidhe

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 04:26 PM   #7
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Yeah.....lets sterilise the poor that'll larn em......fuckin wasters whadda they want with kids anyway? It'd allow us to dispense with all forms of social provision once and for all yah! Good plan. Fuck it lets sterilise the insane too. Disabled? sure why not, lets sterilse them too. How bout communists? well they could be a bad influence to their kids so we should bang them on the list too.

Drug addicts?....Fuck em....It's their own damn fault and they shouldnt be allowed to procreate.

Am I right wing enough to join your club yet?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 04:35 PM   #8
perth
Strong Silent Type

Quote:
Originally posted by DanaC
Am I right wing enough to join your club yet?
Only if you promise to go to church each week, claim to follow the teachings of Jesus, and be a horrible asshole to those who don't.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 04:35 PM   #9
glatt

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Sidhe
If you show that you're irresponsible in a car, we take away your license (your right to drive, in other words), sometimes permanently. Why should it be any different when a child's well-being, and perhaps life, is at stake?
Sidhe
I love how you use the phrase "we." Like you assume it won't be YOUR rights taken away. Once you let the government start taking away rights from some groups but not others, they aren't rights anymore. They are priviledges. Once they are priviledges, they don't have to let anyone have them. They will be coming for YOU next.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:24 PM   #10
Skunks
I thought I changed this.

Honestly, I'm with Sidhe. I don't buy into her reasoning, but I agree at the end:

Lots of people are stupid.
Lots of people breed.
Lots of stupid people breed.

These are problems. Somewhere along the line, something should be done.
Skunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 07:42 PM   #11
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Having listened to you and Sidhe I am inclined to agree. Some people are too stupid to be allowed progeny
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:57 PM   #12
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

How do you stop the cycle of people abusing their children, who in turn abuse their children, who in turn.......
Old 05-11-2004, 08:58 PM   #13
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Put people through a birth control boot camp.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:05 AM   #14
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
Put people through a birth control boot camp.
You have got to be shitting me...
Old 05-12-2004, 10:06 AM   #15
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally posted by Skunks
Honestly, I'm with Sidhe. I don't buy into her reasoning, but I agree at the end:

Lots of people are stupid.
Lots of people breed.
Lots of stupid people breed.

These are problems. Somewhere along the line, something should be done.
Research shows an inverse correlation between education and reproduction.