The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-08-2001, 10:45 PM   #16
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Shepps
I think the First Lady IS capable of independent thought. She came out pro-choice during the campaign, which probably ticked everyone off.
But she skirted it OH so carefully...then quit talking. We would have a new governor right now if Ridge wasn't pro-choice.

Quote:
Hillary seems to have that sense of entitlement, a true armchair liberal, bent after power, where Bill is more earthy and real.
Hillary is college-educated, a lawyer, and has a relatively good personality. Why she feels a need to have to wield power (e.g. using the government for plane rides during her campaign) so forcefully is a mystery to me.

Quote:
If she was smart, she'd transfer away from the Texas party school to another state where she could drink on campus without much scrutiny.
Amazingly though, for its reputation, UT-Austin is one of the finer public universities in the country. I believe what the girls need is a bit of self-control. Is it really that hard? Are they smart, but not quite bright?
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 04:21 PM   #17
alumshubby
Rapscallion

Hot or not? Time will tell.

To a nearly-forty-year-old, they look like children, which they barely aren't, after all. I think women don't get really hit their stride aesthetically till around thirty or so.

I'd like to see pictures of them a decade from now when life hangs on their shoulders a little more heavily and they've had a chance to acquire a bit of character.

Caroline Kennedy was kind of a ho-hum teenager, and she grew into a rather striking young woman. Chelsea Clinton's one of those gawky adolescent girls who's also improving with age. And the Nixon girls...whew....

"How many lightbulbs does it take to change a person?"
alumshubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 04:27 PM   #18
alumshubby
Rapscallion

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore

Amazingly though, for its reputation, UT-Austin is one of the finer public universities in the country. I believe what the girls need is a bit of self-control. Is it really that hard? Are they smart, but not quite bright?
I think their biggest problem is that they're basically teenagers or just barely beyond. As for UT-Austin, being a dropout from there myself (had to go make a living before I could finish), I'd say it's like a lot of Large American Universities: You can party your liver out and just barely manage to stay off academic probation, or you can hit the books really, really hard with no partying; most undergrads fall somewhere on the spectrum between the two absolutes.

The worst I've read about these two is NOTHING compared to some of what I saw firsthand. Once while tutoring, I had a Tri Delt ask me, "What's a noun?" I saw one guy from our hall at Simkins who had the beginnings of a really serious binging problem. These two aren't bad partiers, just highly conspicuous.

"How many lightbulbs does it take to change a person?"
alumshubby is offline   Reply With Quote