The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-20-2008, 01:46 AM   #1
Juniper
I know, right?

Silly Mini-Crushes

Ever have sort of a "mini-crush" on someone -- I can't think of any other word for it. Could be a friend, could be someone of the opposite sex, whatever -- you admire them, you think about how cute/handsome/interesting they are, love the way they talk, think about them a lot, even though this is not a person you're ever going to pursue romantically. Either they are married or you are, or they're the same gender as you and you're not into that -- just someone real interesting. Whew!

For example, there's this guy I see often at my son's wrestling practices. He is not the kind of guy I would normally be attracted to, but for some reason I can't stop staring at him thinking that in another life, I might be going after him. He looks...I dunno...just GOOD. Like someone that would wrap me up in his arms and keep all the bad stuff away, smell wonderful and give me compliments over glasses of Merlot at dinner. But alas, I am already married, and mostly happily so. I guess it just intrigues me that I was unexpectedly attracted to someone who is so not what I'd usually be looking for.

And then there's my daughter's cheer coach, who is just yummy. He reminds me of Desi Arnaz, and also of that guy Caesar Milan, the dog whisperer guy - call Victor the "cheerleader whisperer," LOL! He's just awesome. Always a smile and a "how are you," using my name, which I'm surprised he remembers. He's very hard on the girls, but they all love him. Just to hear him say "Come on, ladies..." and it sounds like "leddies..." with his accent; you might expect him to say "you got some 'splainin' to do." Just too delish.

I could also add my DH's best friend...he too is latino, but I don't think it's a pattern with me. He's just a very impulsive, passionate, lively guy, and I think it's that combined with his eternal gullibility, hope, naivete that makes me love him - he's such a handsome fellow, but he's such a kind soul that he lets people walk all over him. He's lived in a different city for about ten years now, but my hubby still loves him like a brother, and so do I. We usually only see him at Christmas, and I find myself really looking forward to it - I can't seem to take my eyes off him, when he comes to town, to study every new wrinkle in his face, see how he's changed. Of course maybe I'm not looking so much at him, but at him as a representation of how we all have changed in a year.

I've had girl crushes too, but these are the two that I'm thinking of now. You know, this is just meant to be a happy thread about people in your life that attract you for whatever reason, but not necessarily in a sexual way, just by virtue of being fascinating people.

Got any?
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:35 AM   #2
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

I should have probably posted this here. sorry juni

http://cellar.org/showpost.php?p=515446&postcount=4
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Wow, and none of you ladies have even met me yet!
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:53 AM   #4
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Oh dear, I am terrible for little crushes. They come and go (said the actress to the bishop).
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:22 PM   #5
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I've little crushes on people everywhere, all the time. I also am fiercely loyal to crushes I should let go of...once I put someone up on that pedestal...it's tough for me to take them down. I've got a crush for nearly every day of the week and long-lasting crushes that I've tended like a warm, glowing, warm-glow, for years.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:28 PM   #6
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Yah. I like this guy:
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/pho...ian_murphy.jpg

Old 12-20-2008, 04:41 PM   #7
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Meh--he's too young and too pretty. He looks like a goil.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #8
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I think everyone gets crushes now and then. Mostly they don't get acted upon but I guess the ones that do turn into affairs.

For myself, I sometimes do think about what life might be like with one person or another if I'd made different choices, but in the end what blows the whole thing for me is the fact that I'm just so happy and grateful to have the life I really have.

It's kinda nice knowing that it's better than a fantasy.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:07 PM   #9
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I have a crush on xoxoxobruce.

But it is not silly.

richlevy is married, and therefore, by my personal rules, not crush-able.

But he is a very good friend.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:25 PM   #10
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
But alas, I am already married, and mostly happily so. I guess it just intrigues me that I was unexpectedly attracted to someone who is so not what I'd usually be looking for.
Being poly has allowed me to *finally* pursue a couple of these. It was glorious, thanks.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:19 AM   #11
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Yeah, I crush heaps.

Im very childish in the fact that I crush majorly on hollywood characters. I know....I blow...but who doesnt want their very own Lucas Scott or Clark Kent (Tom Welling style).

My latest real life crush is this very very hot Belgium backpacker who bought a car off me and has made excuses ever since to stay in contact.

I mean he's like 12 (well, 22), but he has an accent, and he's a backpacker, so has his shirt off heaps...and he has an accent!

The boys at work always comment on the fact that he stands very close to me, apparently coz he's 6'2, thats so he can perve down my top
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 05:55 AM   #12
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I have crushes all the time.
My longest has been on all the members of The League of Gentlemen, to whom I have a totally teenage fangurl devotion. Did I tell you I'm going to see them at the British Film Institute in January? Swoon!

My Cellar crushes are Bruce and LJ. You see unlike Wolf I accept crushes on married men because lets face it, they're crushes and won't go anywhere.

I don't have a crush on anyone in my life now because I simply don't meet anyone with potential. Well, there was that barman, but I can't be sitting around in pubs these days. Oh and that really cute lad in Waterstones made me melt, but he was about 12 (okay 20) and I felt dirty.

I do get female crushes too. My last one was on my friend who now lives in Kenya. I still miss her in a way that's not really appropriate to a friend. It was different to a male crush, which for me will at least accept the suggestion of a bit of rumpy pumpy at some point. I never wanted to have sexual contact with her, not even a kiss. But I did adore her, and do little things to make her laugh, and treasured the fact that we had a shortcut into eachother's humour. She was just a wonderful person, and I think most of the office had some sort of crush on her anyway. I felt like a Morlock next to her, but hoped some of her radiance might show me in a better light.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:50 PM   #13
lookout123
changed his status to single

I've got a huge crush on one of the women on my coed team. She is exactly the girl I went for from age 15-25. Petite but tough italian girl with a heart of gold. Our families spend a lot of time together and we're great friends so everyone is aware of my crush. I announced to her husband and my wife that if we're ever at a soccer tournament and a plane happens to crash killing just her husband and mrs L that I would probably find it in my heart to court her. for the childrens' sake, of course.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:24 PM   #14
Madman
has left the building.

This brought me out of my hole...

Ohhhhh Yeah! Got a couple... This cute, petite gal at the local grocery store, very nice looking, always friendly and a beautiful smile. Calls me by name!

Another that lives out of town. She's a family friend of my BIL. Very friendly, has these eyes that could melt any man's heart, and an ass! OMG!!! What an ass!
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:24 PM   #15
dmg1969
I got nothing

Yes, I'm a guy and I've had a mini-crush on an attorney in my office since I started working here 16 years ago. I think it's a mutual thing because she winks at me every time we pass in the hall, calls me honey and sweetheart, etc. We're both married though, so nothing could ever come of it.
dmg1969 is offline   Reply With Quote