The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 12-20-2002, 08:42 AM   #346
j03L10T
going nowhere slow

Re: Re: That's cool.

Quote:
Originally posted by blowmeetheclown
You mean to tell me that you're not taking credit for it? Absurd must your middle name!
Um, just saying hello.
Old 12-21-2002, 12:54 AM   #347
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I will not allow Joe to take credit for anything involving DM...I'm drawing the line. Joe may have been Dave's smack supplier, but that's the only thing he might have done for the band.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 12:57 AM   #348
elSicomoro

Miles Davis--Porgy and Bess: Miles working with Gil Evans...outstanding. One of these days, I'll buy their 6 CD box set issued by Columbia.
Old 12-21-2002, 08:44 AM   #349
j03L10T
going nowhere slow

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
I will not allow Joe to take credit for anything involving DM.
Wrong again. I believe I was trying very hard to be modest. But I won't allow others to believe something I know just isn't true. You were right about one thing though (and it never was smack), I always did love getting stoned and singing as a woman or a transy. I have written and produced far more work than you could ever possibly concede to allow yourself to credit me for, based upon what I have read from you lately, and so what because a fact is a fact. There was something about the nature of the birth defect that just kinda' made me wig out more than just slightly and it was the most liberating escape from reality I will never regret. I haven't even thought to try it again since I have been somewhat 'fixed', but I think that I'd love to do it again.

No hard feelings, Syc.

Last edited by j03L10T; 12-21-2002 at 12:48 PM.
j03L10T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 09:45 AM   #350
headsplice
Relaxed

For those of you who enjoy the live electronic music scene:
Plush's One Year Anniversary!
I love going to these things because I get exposed to music that I would never have seen before, and it's relatively cheap. Anyway, the Frankie Bones, Jack Trash (he's local, and the promoter, which is why no one has probably ever heard of him) are what are making the rounds right now.
Old 12-23-2002, 10:18 AM   #351
j03L10T
going nowhere slow

HARDCORE REASON #9-

Quote:
Originally posted by headsplice
Jack Trash
Who could have ever forgotten the very name "Abe Froeman"? What about "Afroman", and "only because I was stoned"? mmmmm, nnnnn, ooooh, yeahh.

I hear ya' talkin'!
Old 12-29-2002, 09:57 AM   #352
elSicomoro

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy--self-titled debut: Is swing going through a revival again? I saw Brian Setzer an awful lot during Xmas. Good CD here...their performances in the movie Swingers got me hooked.

OutKast--Big Boi & Dre Present...: I was taking the rental car back to the Airport Friday, and had some time to kill, so I took the long way out there, driving through SW Philadelphia. I'm in a nice car, with "Ain't No Thang" blaring out the speakers, rolling along Lindbergh Blvd., not a care in the world. It was just a perfect moment.

Depeche Mode--The Singles: 81>85 and Some Great Reward
Old 12-29-2002, 10:02 AM   #353
j03L10T
going nowhere slow

Re:"Big Bad Voodoo Daddy"

"Performances", yes. And Setzer's really one hell of a nice guy too. DP
Old 01-11-2003, 09:28 AM   #354
elSicomoro

The Smiths--Singles: All that talk about "How Soon is Now?" made me break this out. "How Soon is Now?" is arguably one of the greatest songs ever created, both musically and lyrically, but my favorite Smiths song on here is probably "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now." How can you not like the lyric "In my life, why do I smile at people that I'd much rather kick in the eye?"
Old 01-11-2003, 12:20 PM   #355
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Prog Rock from the 70's...Genesis, Yes, Floyd...I'm experiencing some pretty tough bouts of nostalgia for my misbegotten youth. What is the perfect soundtrack for a major midlife crisis, anyway?
Old 01-11-2003, 01:01 PM   #356
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Whoa, I was just thinking about doing a retrospective on all that stuff. I just pulled out a ton of it as I rip all my CDs for mobile MP3 use, and I realized I'm listening to it on better speakers than I've ever previously had, which means that it's kinda new again.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 01:05 PM   #357
juju
no one of consequence

What program are you using to rip, and what bitrate are you using? I hope something higher than 128!
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 02:26 PM   #358
matt
At last! A dead star!

Smiths, eh? I'll see that and raise you a...

Johnny Marr & The Healers "Boomslang"

With some Placebo "Sleeping With Ghosts" on the side.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:30 PM   #359
elSicomoro

I've been lame...haven't listened to much of anything other than Moby's I Like to Score, though I will be adding two new CDs to the collection later tonight.

Last edited by elSicomoro; 01-25-2003 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-01-2003, 12:37 AM   #360
elSicomoro

System of a Down...two from them, actually.

Self-titled: I'm gonna have to give this a few more listens...hard to absorb the first time around.

Steal This Album!: Their "new" release, a collection of unreleased stuff from the past couple of years. However, the whole concept behind its release is interesting.

When you go to buy it, you will notice that there is no front cover and no liner notes. There are four different CD faces...one created by each member of the band. (The one created by guitarist Daron Malakian is, ummm, straight out of grade school.) The back of the case has a song listing and tells you to go to a particular section of SOAD's site for lyrics and CD credits.

So, you go to the site, follow the instructions, and it reads your CD to determine that it is indeed the new CD. Then, it opens up the lyrics and credits section. Weird stuff.