The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2019, 09:55 AM   #61
Luce
Weaponized Funk
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Arizona
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk View Post
True, but kinda beside the (my) point.
Okay, I see your point. I just don't agree.
__________________
Finagle's Law takes no prisoners.
Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:30 AM   #62
henry quirk
solitary reptile
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: too close to you
Posts: 1,962
Quote:
Okay, I see your point. I just don't agree.
Really? It's perfectly acceptable to whack the hell outta somebody for 'thought crime'?
__________________
cthulhu fhtagn
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:48 AM   #63
Luce
Weaponized Funk
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Arizona
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk View Post
Really? It's perfectly acceptable to whack the hell outta somebody for 'thought crime'?
Last time we waited for Nazis to behave, they burned Europe down.

And ISIS kinda speaks for itself. Their idea of behaving is to kill a person prior to cutting their head off with a pocket knife.
__________________
Finagle's Law takes no prisoners.
Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:53 AM   #64
Undertoad
Radical Centrist
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Cottage of Prussia
Posts: 30,588
You make an excellent and convincing case for more foreign wars.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:00 AM   #65
Luce
Weaponized Funk
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Arizona
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
You make an excellent and convincing case for more foreign wars.
Now all I need is for everyone to agree with me, elect me president, and hand me a friendly congress.
__________________
Finagle's Law takes no prisoners.
Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:04 AM   #66
Luce
Weaponized Funk
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Arizona
Posts: 104
I mean, in my opinion, we have been in exactly two justifiable wars since the end of the war of 1812, which would be world war two and the Korean war.

On the Iraq thing, our adventures allowed ISIS to become a threat, by creating a power vacuum.
__________________
Finagle's Law takes no prisoners.
Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:11 AM   #67
henry quirk
solitary reptile
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: too close to you
Posts: 1,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luce
Last time we waited for Nazis to behave, they burned Europe down.
But we're not talkin' about then, we're talkin' about now; we're not talkin' about an army or government, we're talkin' about some nimrod sportin' a swastika.

Quote:
And ISIS kinda speaks for itself. Their idea of behaving is to kill a person prior to cutting their head off with a pocket knife.
Okay, you're havin' lunch, at the table next to you a fellow is spoutin' off about his admiration of ISIS and how he plans to join them. You gonna punch him in the head? For bein' stupid?
__________________
cthulhu fhtagn
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:32 PM   #68
sexobon
^it sings^
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,812
Quote:
You gonna punch him in the head?
Punch him in the head! How crude.

Through the town, we are stalkin'
ISIS recruit, while he's walkin'
A first round kill from the top of a hill
Walking in a sniper wonderland

Or in his dwelling we could plant a time bomb
And we'd set it to go off at twelve
He'd be leaving in a million pieces
When it goes and blows him all to Heh, eh, e...

Later on, we may conspire
Instead to set his place on fire
We'll laugh as he cries
While we burn him alive

Walking in a sniper wonderland
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:48 PM   #69
henry quirk
solitary reptile
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: too close to you
Posts: 1,962
plug him after he joins, not before

.
__________________
cthulhu fhtagn
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:50 PM   #70
henry quirk
solitary reptile
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: too close to you
Posts: 1,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Punch him in the head! How crude.

Through the town, we are stalkin'
ISIS recruit, while he's walkin'
A first round kill from the top of a hill
Walking in a sniper wonderland

Or in his dwelling we could plant a time bomb
And we'd set it to go off at twelve
He'd be leaving in a million pieces
When it goes and blows him all to Heh, eh, e...

Later on, we may conspire
Instead to set his place on fire
We'll laugh as he cries
While we burn him alive

Walking in a sniper wonderland
__________________
cthulhu fhtagn
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:09 PM   #71
sexobon
^it sings^
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,812
Quote:
For bein' stupid?
Quote:
plug him after he joins, not before
Either way.

If Allah wills that he be ISIS, he'll survive it.

If he dies, it's because Allah decided he was too stupid to live anyway.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:10 PM   #72
Undertoad
Radical Centrist
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Cottage of Prussia
Posts: 30,588
"Last time we waited for them to behave" is a case for more foreign intervention. There are power vacuums all over the place, and Nazis of different stripes all over the place.

Kosovo was certainly defensible from that perspective
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:14 PM   #73
henry quirk
solitary reptile
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: too close to you
Posts: 1,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Either way.

If Allah wills that he be ISIS, he'll survive it.

If he dies, it's because Allah decided he was too stupid to live anyway.
HA!
__________________
cthulhu fhtagn
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:30 PM   #74
henry quirk
solitary reptile
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: too close to you
Posts: 1,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
"Last time we waited for them to behave" is a case for more foreign intervention. There are power vacuums all over the place, and Nazis of different stripes all over the place.

Kosovo was certainly defensible from that perspective
When we *know a jackhole nation is gunnin' for us or our friends, actin' preemptively can be justfied. When we get all adventuristic that's when we screw up.









*not 'suspect', know...Iggy Rabinowitz: If you know someone is coming to kill you, get up early and go kill him first....know is a high standard and we ought to work hard to meet it, without exception
__________________
cthulhu fhtagn
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.