Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 10-15-2012, 11:38 PM   #46
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBKlyde View Post
If I gave you a revolver with one bullet in it, there is a 1 in 6 chance you would blow your brains out with it on the first pull.
I walked away long ago because you are crazy to think religion is important. Religion has no relevance except between you and your god. Nowhere else.

Since you relate religion with guns, I figure law enforcement will be conducting the raid any day now. No good reason to be anywhere near you. I'll watch the 11 o'clock news to learn what was relevant.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #47
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

Quote:
http://www.infowars.com/new-threats-...oses-election/

and that's what I call the down fall of American Civilization.. "vote for me or die"?? That's the message I am receiving... don't get me wrong I'm sure he's a great guy.. but he's just not getting the job done..
Then there is more than one CEO threatening to fire their employees if Romney doesn't win. Extremists on both sides of the fence, dude.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #48
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
I'll watch the 11 o'clock news ...
and let them tell me what I should think.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #49
JBKlyde
Banned

Quote:
I walked away long ago because you are crazy to think religion is important. Religion has no relevance except between you and your god. Nowhere else.

Since you relate religion with guns, I figure law enforcement will be conducting the raid any day now. No good reason to be anywhere near you. I'll watch the 11 o'clock news to learn what was relevant.

I have a second amendment right to own a gun. And a first amendment right to free speech and religion.. So I guess I'm going to jail for what?? Being an American?? I think not.. but under obama I suppose I would loose this ability.. is that what your saying...
JBKlyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #50
glatt

Quote:
I but under obama I suppose I would loose this ability
Obama is no mystery. He's been around for 4 years. Did he take your guns?

Romney is the mystery. He tells each new audience a different story. You have no idea which Romney is going to show up in the oval office.

Name:  Romney-Etch-A-Sketch-cropped-proto-custom_28-600x345.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  30.2 KB
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #51
JBKlyde
Banned

Quote:
Did he take your guns?
No but is he fighting the un mandate that says we can't own a gun?? NOt sure..

I don't own a gun.. Personally I believe that if you live by the sword you die by the sword my sword is the bible..
Old 10-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #52
Ibby
erika

Obama has only been GOOD for gun rights. He changed long-standing policy, to allow people to carry firearms in national parks.
That is the ONLY gun legislation he's signed.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #53
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

That's yet another Obama myth being passed around (anti-guns).

My son, who recently became enamoured of guns and shooting, was making the gun shop circuit locally, trying to locate a certain type of clip. Every shop owner was virulently anti-Obama, claiming he was trying to take away our gun rights. My son, who is very pro-Obama, was just shaking his head in disbelief at the ignorance.

He's getting quite an education this year on how politics works.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #54
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormieweather View Post
Every shop owner was virulently anti-Obama, claiming he was trying to take away our gun rights.
Of course. Limbaugh et al tell them how to think. That alone was sufficient to know it was true. That is why politics have become so extremist.

But again, we are back to cigarettes. Most people knew smoking cigarettes increased health. Advertising told them how to think. Documented facts and numbers were ignored. That meant learning why before the conclusion is created.

Extremists (also called ideologues) cannot be bothered to first learn facts. Brainwashing works, in part, because so many don't even realize how easily they are brainwashed. Simply tell them something (ie Saddam had WMDs). Then a majority will automatically believe it.

A majority of 1950 Americans just knew cigarettes increased health. Only a minority, who always ask why, were informed. We all witnessed same with Saddam's WMDs and Mission Accomplished. Some of us saw same with Vietnam. So why do so many still make the same msitake again and again?

So easy is to manipulate a majority who really do not want to learn; only want to be told how to think. And who deny they can be so easily brainwashed.

How many are so brainwashed as to believe any terrorist must be Al Qaeda? Same people who were told that Obama would take away their guns. The myth successfully increased sales and profits.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #55
JBKlyde
Banned

Did you know that the "fighting green devils" was one of the nazi's most elite forces... that's "stpete" highs mascot.. it out to tell you something about how completely insane of a society we are living in...
Old 10-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #56
glatt

Quote:
... "fighting green devils" ...
On Facebook ads today.
Name:  397285_10152177623470338_900472579_n.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  13.6 KB
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:24 PM   #57