The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-03-2007, 08:36 PM   #1
Hoof Hearted
...you smell something?

Cat's meds put on our insurance @ Pharmacy!

Funny, or what?!
I just don't want this to come back and bite me on the ass as insurance fraud.

Reilly's vet gave us a prescription for him to be filled at a pharmacy. We went to our own...and the girl looked a little funny at the prescrip paper, I guess because it was green and not white, and we explained it was from our vet and for our cat. We left my name and our phone number to call us if they had any questions and we returned several hours later to pick it up. We made additional purchases so I didn't pay attention to the cost of the medicine. We were only charged a co-pay amount.

After I got home and had already used the product on Reilly...I noticed they had put the medicine in my name and charged our insurance, though Dr Wise was named as the Dr...and I'm sure SHE isn't in our plan of approved Doctors.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:59 PM   #2
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Himmmm... could be a problem, I would expect a letter from the insurance company.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:27 PM   #3
Hoof Hearted
...you smell something?

Hopefully not. I'm taking the paperwork in tomorrow (Monday) and seeing what they can do to fix it. I'm sure it was just a mix-up on their end. I know husband and I clearly stated it was from the vet and for our cat. The difference in cost is only another $6 or $7.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:14 AM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Hey Hoof, put Reilly as a dependent on your income tax.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:12 AM   #5
Hoof Hearted
...you smell something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Hey Hoof, put Reilly as a dependent on your income tax.
Yeah?! <laughing> ...and what about the part where I don't want anything to come back and bite me on the ass? Sheesh! Nevermind our insurance, now you want me to get the Federal Government involved?
You don't really like me, do you?
Old 06-04-2007, 10:46 AM   #6
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Friends of mine, before their child was aged out of their insurance, used to have the cat's scripts written as "L. Lastname" instead of "Liu Lastname," because the girl's first initial was "L."

It worked.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:07 PM   #7
Hoof Hearted
...you smell something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
It worked.
Only because insurance didn't catch that the Dr was a DVM and not an MD.... I couldn't take the chance that our insurance would catch it.

I got it taken care of this morning.
I told the Pharmacist that I had a possible problem with the prescription and my insurance...First, this prescrip was not for me, it was for Reilly. Lastly, Dr Wise was not on my list of preferred providers and the reason she is not on my list of preferred providers is because she is a veterinarian and Rei is a cat...

Pharmacist and I had a great laugh over it. He showed me the prescrip and where the window girl had written my name, b-day and phone number on the front, just under Reilly's name. Whoever filled it, used my name so it went through our insurance.

All fixed, now and no one should be coming after us!
Old 06-04-2007, 05:46 PM   #8
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You're lucky it was a cheap scrip.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:20 PM   #9
Hoof Hearted
...you smell something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
You're lucky it was a cheap scrip.
About $11.00 so it certainly isn't that bad. Though it does not appear to be doing very much for Rei. He did not have a good day today, did not want to eat, though he did drink.

We know we are going to lose him to this degenerative problem, but it appears it may be happening sooner than we want.
hh
Old 06-05-2007, 12:08 AM   #10
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Bummer.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:41 PM   #11
Hoof Hearted
...you smell something?

We lost Reilly yesterday.
Husband has taken this VERY hard. I have never seen him this broken up over any of our other pets. It was difficult for me, too, but I think it is nearly killing him. I just don't know what to do, other than be there for him to lean on. Rei really was 'his' guy.

I am sad about losing Reilly, but I am not having the awful time my poor husband is. I knew this was the ultimate end of Rei's condition. Also, while Rei and I had some good playful and snuggle moments, and I was the one to do the major part of his care...I think deep down I knew what Reilly always knew...he was Kenny's cat. Rei just thought he was "The King" if he could lay on Kenny's bed, lap or discarded clothes. Lately, he loved being able to go out into the kitty-cage to enjoy the fresh air and sights ...and if he got to go for a car-ride, that was The Bomb!

We got Reilly in WA state when a neighbor complained about his trash-diving in her garbage cans and was going to send him to the pound for euthanasia. Kenny took him to work with him to be a power-plant/office cat. On Friday, Kenny brought Reilly home and put him in the house with our (6?, 7?) other cats. I freaked! (you can't just put a strange cat with other cats!) ...but it turned out okay. Reilly liked everyone and everyone liked Reilly. NO adjustments, fusses or anything!

Monday morning, Rei went to work with Kenny and came home with him that night, and so began their work-week routine. Kenny would open the front door and Rei would run around the front of the house and wait next to the Bronco for Kenny to open the door and Rei would jump in. It was a 65mi commute, one-way, along the Columbia River Gorge. Rei would either sleep on the passenger seat, prowl the interior or lay across Kenny's shoulders and 'comment' on the traffic.

They were able to do this for almost a year, until the plant had outside workers coming in to do work and Kenny was afraid Rei would be lost if a door was left open, so Rei had to stay home. Poor Rei, running from window to window after Kenny, meowing that he was being forgotten! After Rei couldn't go to the plant anymore, we would take him for rides around town. When we moved from WA to GA, Rei spent probably 90% of the trip on the dash of the RV. That cat really liked to travel!

Kenny had let Reilly into the bedroom to sleep with him the night before, and he said Reilly woke him by digging his paw under the pillow so he could put his paw/claws in Kenny's palm. Yesterday afternoon, I napped with Reilly. Well, I wasn't able to fall asleep, and when he began crying I knew he was in distress and it was time. When we returned from the vet office, it began to storm so we wrapped Rei in a towel and placed him on the (cool) hood of my car in the garage. After the storm, Kenny dug a hole under our Maple tree and when I went outside to find him, he was on his knees in the garage, crying, stroking and petting Rei. I tell you, I just didn't know what to do for my husband, except be there for him to lean on.

Kenny wanted to bury something of his with Rei...and we couldn't find anything suitable. Then Kenny remembered the haircut I'd given him the night before and we pulled out some of his clipped hair and placed it between Rei's forelegs and re-wrapped him in the towel before we buried him under the Maple.
Anyhow, thanks for letting me share Reilly and Kenny's story with everyone. Rei was well-loved and will be missed. Thankfully, we have many good memories with him.

Here is a photo I snapped (left-handed, btw, and cameras are NOT made to be used the way I had to take this pic!) of me scrubbling Reilly's head on Kenny's quilt, 1st of June.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:40 PM   #12
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Thanks, HH. It hard to lose a friend.