Visit the Cellar!

The Cellar Image of the Day is just a section of a larger web community: bright folks talking about everything. The Cellar is the original coffeeshop with no coffee and no shop. Founded in 1990, The Cellar is one of the oldest communities on the net. Join us at the table if you like!

 
What's IotD?

The interesting, amazing, or mind-boggling images of our days.

IotD Stuff

ARCHIVES - over 13 years of IotD!
About IotD
RSS2
XML

Permalink Latest Image

June 26th, 2017: Cold Aged

Recent Images

June 26th, 2017: Tricksy Critters
June 25th, 2017: Zero Milestone
June 24th, 2017: North American Food
June 23rd, 2017: Moist Towelettes
June 22nd, 2017: Doodling
June 21st, 2017: Octopusís Garden
June 20th, 2017: Money Slang

The CELLAR Tip Mug
Some folks who have noticed IotD

Neatorama
Worth1000
Mental Floss
Boing Boing
Switched
W3streams
GruntDoc's Blog
No Quarters
Making Light
darrenbarefoot.com
GromBlog
b3ta
Church of the Whale Penis
UniqueDaily.com
Sailor Coruscant
Projectionist

Link to us and we will try to find you after many months!

Common image haunts

Astro Pic of the Day
Earth Sci Pic of the Day
We Make Money Not Art
Spluch
ochevidec.net
Strange New Products
Geisha Asobi Blog
Cute animals blog (in Russian)
20minutos.es
Yahoo Most Emailed

Please avoid copyrighted images (or get permission) when posting!

Advertising

Philadelphia Pawn Shop
The best real estate agent in Montgomery County
The best T.38 Fax provider
Epps Beverages and Beer, Limerick, PA
Sal's Pizza, Elkins Park
Burholme Auto Body, Philadelphia
Coles Tobacco, Pottstown
ERM Auto Service, Glenside
Glenside Collision
Moorehead Catering, Trappe
Salon 153, Bala
Dominicks Auto Body, Phoenixville

   xoxoxoBruce  Friday Jul 30 12:24 AM

July 30, 2010: Dreaded Donkey

They're claiming it's a rare Baudet de Poitou Donkey, but I think they're just trying to fool the DEA.

Quote:
The dreadlocked donkey is an example of the rare Baudet de Poitou species and is part of a herd being reared at a donkey sanctuary in Poitou-Charente, France. While long-haired Lambada is covered head to toe in hair her daughter Azalee, who was born in April, has a closer crop. However, the youngster can rest assured that in time she will look just like mum - with the same luscious locks to be proud of.


Did Bob Marley do any concerts in France?

Quote:
They are believed to be one of the oldest donkey species in the world - thought to have existed in France since the Roman occupation of 54BC. With only 50 foals born worldwide every year, the species is now even rarer than both white rhinos and giant pandas. Sometime referred to as "woolly mammoth" donkeys, the rare breed nearly became extinct in 1978 when their population shrank to just 48 in the world.
Rastafarians breed slowly... I don't think so.

link


Gravdigr  Friday Jul 30 02:06 AM

Hey! That donkey is a sniper!! He's wearing a ghillie suit!



Trilby  Friday Jul 30 03:53 AM

i used to have a coat like that!



ZenGum  Friday Jul 30 04:13 AM

I'm not sure about this one. Maybe if we bake it in clay the dreads will peel away easily when we crack the clay. Or we could spit roast it over an outdoor fire and burn the hair off, but that might affect the flavour too much.



Sheldonrs  Friday Jul 30 04:28 AM

My donkey would mop the floor with your donkey.



Adak  Friday Jul 30 04:29 AM

THAT is one ugly damn donkey coat!

I feel sorry for that donkey. Let that species (which is not a species, it's just a "breed" of donkey), go extinct - the donkeys will thank you.

Personally, I used to like donkeys - sort of like a miniature horse or something, OK.

Then I heard my neighbors donkey

<< BRAAAAAY!! >>


every morning repeatedly, just as the sun came up.

Sounded just like the end of the world, being screamed into my bedroom window, at 120 decibels.

Boy, do I hate donkeys, OK.


Antimatter  Friday Jul 30 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Chewie, is that you?


TheDaVinciChode  Friday Jul 30 09:04 AM

Damn long time since I had time to visit here. I miss you guys!

http://cellar.org/iotd.php?threadid=18917 < Same species noted in IotD 2008. Saw this one, and instantly remembered the older thread... I mean, an ass, with dreadlocks... that sort of thing sticks in your mind. (And God only knows what sticks in them!)

I'll try to make time, so I can re-visit old threads, and such, soon. Don't you hate when things get busy?



classicman  Friday Jul 30 09:44 AM

Hahahahaha - Dood! Where you been? What do you mean "Had to"?? - C'mon. You know you WANT to.



xoxoxoBruce  Friday Jul 30 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaVinciChode View Post
http://cellar.org/iotd.php?threadid=18917 < Same species noted in IotD 2008. Saw this one, and instantly remembered the older thread... I mean, an ass, with dreadlocks... that sort of thing sticks in your mind. (And God only knows what sticks in them!)
Damn, even going back and looking at it, I don't remember that thread at all. :


SPUCK  Saturday Jul 31 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Damn, even going back and looking at it, I don't remember that thread at all. :

A mind is a terrible thing to see - wasting away.


TheDaVinciChode  Saturday Jul 31 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Hahahahaha - Dood! Where you been? What do you mean "Had to"?? - C'mon. You know you WANT to.
I've been dwelling in the realm of the mole people - one level lower than the cellar. Helping them plot their revenge on the surface-dwellers. I have returned, in order to seek an alliance with the cellar dwellers.

Rise up. Together we shall ride our Poitou Asses against the evil of the sun worshippers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Damn, even going back and looking at it, I don't remember that thread at all. :
That's what you get for sharing a "cigarette" with a Baudet de Poitou. Didn't you think something was odd, when you suddenly got a craving for Doritos, and everything seemed incredibly hilarious?


Gravdigr  Saturday Jul 31 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaVinciChode View Post
I've been dwelling in the realm of the mole people - one level lower than the cellar. Helping them plot their revenge on the surface-dwellers. I have returned, in order to seek an alliance with the cellar dwellers.
Tell the Eloi and the Morlocks we said hi.

And the 'surface dwellers' can go to hell.


tombstone  Tuesday Aug 3 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adak View Post
THAT is one ugly damn donkey coat!

I feel sorry for that donkey. Let that species (which is not a species, it's just a "breed" of donkey), go extinct - the donkeys will thank you.

Personally, I used to like donkeys - sort of like a miniature horse or something, OK.

Then I heard my neighbors donkey

<< BRAAAAAY!! >>


every morning repeatedly, just as the sun came up.

Sounded just like the end of the world, being screamed into my bedroom window, at 120 decibels.

Boy, do I hate donkeys, OK.



tombstone  Tuesday Aug 3 10:45 PM

Hey, Adak, Had your neighbors, by chance, named their donkey Maxwelton? Would make sense if THEY thought his braes were bonnie!



macrylinda  Sunday Aug 8 12:19 AM

Hey, Adak, Had your neighbors, by chance, named their donkey Maxwelton? Would make sense if THEY thought his braes were bonnie!



Your reply here?

The Cellar Image of the Day is just a section of a larger web community: a bunch of interesting folks talking about everything. Add your two cents to IotD by joining the Cellar.