Visit the Cellar!

The Cellar Image of the Day is just a section of a larger web community: bright folks talking about everything. The Cellar is the original coffeeshop with no coffee and no shop. Founded in 1990, The Cellar is one of the oldest communities on the net. Join us at the table if you like!

 
What's IotD?

The interesting, amazing, or mind-boggling images of our days.

IotD Stuff

ARCHIVES - over 13 years of IotD!
About IotD
RSS2
XML

Permalink Latest Image

Apr 28th, 2017: White Raven

Recent Images

Apr 27th, 2017: Bioluminescent Sea Critters
Apr 25th, 2017: Embroidery
Apr 24th, 2017: Money Laundering
April 23rd, 2017: Philadelphia Lottery
April 22nd, 2017: The Weed Nuns
Apr 21st, 2017: Cretors' Wagon
Apr 20th, 2017: “World For All”

The CELLAR Tip Mug
Some folks who have noticed IotD

Neatorama
Worth1000
Mental Floss
Boing Boing
Switched
W3streams
GruntDoc's Blog
No Quarters
Making Light
darrenbarefoot.com
GromBlog
b3ta
Church of the Whale Penis
UniqueDaily.com
Sailor Coruscant
Projectionist

Link to us and we will try to find you after many months!

Common image haunts

Astro Pic of the Day
Earth Sci Pic of the Day
We Make Money Not Art
Spluch
ochevidec.net
Strange New Products
Geisha Asobi Blog
Cute animals blog (in Russian)
20minutos.es
Yahoo Most Emailed

Please avoid copyrighted images (or get permission) when posting!

Advertising

Philadelphia Pawn Shop
The best real estate agent in Montgomery County
The best T.38 Fax provider
Epps Beverages and Beer, Limerick, PA
Sal's Pizza, Elkins Park
Burholme Auto Body, Philadelphia
Coles Tobacco, Pottstown
ERM Auto Service, Glenside
Glenside Collision
Moorehead Catering, Trappe
Salon 153, Bala
Dominicks Auto Body, Phoenixville

   CaliforniaMama  Monday Dec 5 09:39 AM

December 5, 2011 My Hero



via Very Demotivational



tracey  Monday Dec 5 09:59 AM

It would have been even better if he was in handicap parking without a tag...I hate that. Of course, I hate it even ore when some dick pulls his visor tag down with no handicap passenger....gripes me. Cool pic though.



newtimer  Tuesday Dec 6 08:59 AM

And I hate it even ore when you see a parking lot that is full except for the dozen always-empty handicapped spots up front. There aren't nearly as many handicapped drivers as the guvmint seems to think there are.
I'll vote for whichever politician promises to limit the number of handicapped spots to 2 per store.



infinite monkey  Tuesday Dec 6 09:06 AM

You obviously don't live in my town. If you sneeze twice you can get a handicapped parking sticker.

And it gets you on all the rides in Walmart. The bumper carts, for example.



xoxoxoBruce  Tuesday Dec 6 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey View Post
It would have been even better if he was in handicap parking without a tag...I hate that. Of course, I hate it even ore when some dick pulls his visor tag down with no handicap passenger....gripes me. Cool pic though.
How do you know they are not handicapped?


CaliforniaMama  Wednesday Dec 7 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey View Post
It would have been even better if he was in handicap parking without a tag...I hate that. Of course, I hate it even ore when some dick pulls his visor tag down with no handicap passenger....gripes me. Cool pic though.
I have a disabled license plate - sometimes people don't see it (because they expect to see one in the widow) and give me grief.

Sometimes, I feel awkward/embarrassed using the handicap spaces because my disability is not readily apparent. It seems like I can walk normally like anyone else. But when I come back to my van, I am limping and wincing as I get gingerly climb back in.

Sometimes, I just need the wider space to be able to fully open my door to get in and out without twisting.

Often, it is hard to know what's going on in a person's body by taking a look at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtimer View Post
And I hate it even ore when you see a parking lot that is full except for the dozen always-empty handicapped spots up front. There aren't nearly as many handicapped drivers as the guvmint seems to think there are.
I'll vote for whichever politician promises to limit the number of handicapped spots to 2 per store.
LOL! In our area, it is quite the opposite. Handicap spots are almost always full. We are always wishing there were more!


classicman  Wednesday Dec 7 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaMama View Post
Sometimes, I feel awkward/embarrassed using the handicap spaces because my disability is not readily apparent. It seems like I can walk normally like anyone else. But when I come back to my van, I am limping and wincing as I get gingerly climb back in.

Sometimes, I just need the wider space to be able to fully open my door to get in and out without twisting.

Often, it is hard to know what's going on in a person's body by taking a look at them.

In our area, it is quite the opposite. Handicap spots are almost always full. We are always wishing there were more!
Amen.


HungLikeJesus  Wednesday Dec 7 03:20 PM

Even worse is when there are handicap spots available and someone with a handicap sticker is parked in a non-handicap spot.



infinite monkey  Wednesday Dec 7 03:57 PM

I'm depressed. Can I get a sticker?

Yeah, everyone on earth plays the system with taxes and welfare and financial aid and all that kinds of stuffs, if we are to listen to many of you here, and it's just so (wahhhhh) unfair!, but no one ever plays the system when it comes to handi-parking.

It just sounds so noble to rail against the first stuff and champion anyone with a sticker.

I'm not buying it. Sorry if this notion makes me a horrible person.

Just the other day, I heard some poor woman asked the wal-mart greeter where all the lard carts were...because she had "walked ALL OVER THE STORE looking for one."

I know as well as the rest of you that there are handicaps we couldn't possibly understand, but you know as well as I do that there are lazy cheaters. I don't call them out. But they're freaking out there, everywhere, all the time.

So take off your halo, kthx.



classicman  Wednesday Dec 7 05:11 PM

Hahahahaha ... Good one HLJ



Sundae  Thursday Dec 8 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaMama View Post
Often, it is hard to know what's going on in a person's body by taking a look at them.
I had this row with RK back in the day.
He believed that anyone able to walk round the store should not have a disabled parking space. But then he believed some rather odd things.


Nirvana  Thursday Dec 8 12:06 PM

Duplicate

http://cellar.org/showpost.php?p=777213&postcount=574



Your reply here?

The Cellar Image of the Day is just a section of a larger web community: a bunch of interesting folks talking about everything. Add your two cents to IotD by joining the Cellar.