Visit the Cellar!

The Cellar Image of the Day is just a section of a larger web community: bright folks talking about everything. The Cellar is the original coffeeshop with no coffee and no shop. Founded in 1990, The Cellar is one of the oldest communities on the net. Join us at the table if you like!

 
What's IotD?

The interesting, amazing, or mind-boggling images of our days.

IotD Stuff

ARCHIVES - over 13 years of IotD!
About IotD
RSS2
XML

Permalink Latest Image

June 24th, 2017: North American Food

Recent Images

June 23rd, 2017: Moist Towelettes
June 22nd, 2017: Doodling
June 21st, 2017: Octopus’s Garden
June 20th, 2017: Money Slang
June 19th, 2017: French Phony
June 18th, 2017: A B C… J K L… U V War…
June 16th, 2017: Hōkūleʻa

The CELLAR Tip Mug
Some folks who have noticed IotD

Neatorama
Worth1000
Mental Floss
Boing Boing
Switched
W3streams
GruntDoc's Blog
No Quarters
Making Light
darrenbarefoot.com
GromBlog
b3ta
Church of the Whale Penis
UniqueDaily.com
Sailor Coruscant
Projectionist

Link to us and we will try to find you after many months!

Common image haunts

Astro Pic of the Day
Earth Sci Pic of the Day
We Make Money Not Art
Spluch
ochevidec.net
Strange New Products
Geisha Asobi Blog
Cute animals blog (in Russian)
20minutos.es
Yahoo Most Emailed

Please avoid copyrighted images (or get permission) when posting!

Advertising

Philadelphia Pawn Shop
The best real estate agent in Montgomery County
The best T.38 Fax provider
Epps Beverages and Beer, Limerick, PA
Sal's Pizza, Elkins Park
Burholme Auto Body, Philadelphia
Coles Tobacco, Pottstown
ERM Auto Service, Glenside
Glenside Collision
Moorehead Catering, Trappe
Salon 153, Bala
Dominicks Auto Body, Phoenixville

   CaliforniaMama  Thursday Apr 26 04:02 AM

April 25, 2012 Sunny Side Up

No sunny side up for this little egg . . .



It is just a . . . thing . . . that was probably laid by an older hen.

Quote:
This is probably a blood clot from either a cut in the oviduct or a bleeding follicle that grew large enough to be treated like an egg yolk. It ended up in the oviduct and the hen coated it with albumen and shell.
Found on Geek-O-System


DanaC  Thursday Apr 26 06:07 AM

Ohh...I feel ill. I don;t think I am going to eat any eggs for a long time.



SPUCK  Thursday Apr 26 07:26 AM

Tiz a real bummer when you crack things like that into your cake batter or something. eeeeuuwww.



Trilby  Thursday Apr 26 08:53 AM

My mom would just be like "oh I'll eat that one".....

Yiiiiiiiiick!



ZenGum  Thursday Apr 26 10:13 AM

Hey, it's all protein. add a dash of chilli sauce.


J/K



newtimer  Thursday Apr 26 10:27 AM

I'll bet that somewhere in the Orient that's a delicacy.



glatt  Thursday Apr 26 10:33 AM

Interesting. But not food.



infinite monkey  Thursday Apr 26 10:37 AM

If we add jalapenos Flint will eat it.



Sundae  Thursday Apr 26 10:57 AM

For $50 I'll eat it.



Leus  Thursday Apr 26 11:53 AM

Was it any good?



wolf  Thursday Apr 26 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUCK View Post
Tiz a real bummer when you crack things like that into your cake batter or something. eeeeuuwww.
And that, dear spuck, is why eggs get cracked one at a time into a separate bowl, and each egg is added to the batter before cracking the next.

US factory egg production usually lets us avoid eggs that are anything but pristine in appearance. The chickens may not be happy, but we do get a consistent product.


BigV  Thursday Apr 26 12:30 PM

you have to admit it's more fun to crack all the eggs at one time though.



glatt  Thursday Apr 26 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
US factory egg production usually lets us avoid eggs that are anything but pristine in appearance.
Indeed. Proper candling would have prevented this rotten egg from making it through.


infinite monkey  Thursday Apr 26 12:50 PM

I want to work there.

She's an educated eggdicator.



BigV  Thursday Apr 26 01:39 PM

Maybe this is the result of candling only one in twelve thousand eggs.

bleurgh!



infinite monkey  Thursday Apr 26 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Maybe this is the result of candling only one in twelve thousand eggs.

bleurgh!
You mean like cows?


BigV  Thursday Apr 26 05:03 PM

Right. Maybe that was from the chicken that ate the dead crazy cow.



SPUCK  Friday Apr 27 06:47 AM

Funny thing. This is exactly what I'm working on this month.

I'm working on an egg loader. It takes 6 flats of 30 eggs, picks up 30 eggs at a time and sets them on the grader perfectly timed to land between the rollers. Then they run thru the washer into the candler just like the above picture. Fun project.



DanaC  Friday Apr 27 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leus View Post
Was it any good?

Wow. 10 years and 144 posts ...


glatt  Friday Apr 27 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUCK View Post
Funny thing. This is exactly what I'm working on this month.

I'm working on an egg loader. It takes 6 flats of 30 eggs, picks up 30 eggs at a time and sets them on the grader perfectly timed to land between the rollers. Then they run thru the washer into the candler just like the above picture. Fun project.
That's really cool! I am always very impressed when I see video of production line machinery at work. It's so complicated, and somebody spent so much time making it all work smoothly.

It's people like you who help make civilization possible.


SPUCK  Saturday Apr 28 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
That's really cool! I am always very impressed when I see video of production line machinery at work. It's so complicated, and somebody spent so much time making it all work smoothly.

It's people like you who help make civilization possible.





richlevy  Sunday Apr 29 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
That's really cool! I am always very impressed when I see video of production line machinery at work. It's so complicated, and somebody spent so much time making it all work smoothly.

It's people like you who help make civilization possible.
What really impresses me is handling large volumes of such a delicate product quickly. When I look at a standard production line and imagine something like eggs going through it...


SPUCK  Sunday Apr 29 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy View Post
What really impresses me is handling large volumes of such a delicate product quickly. When I look at a standard production line and imagine something like eggs going through it...

This does concern me... They want the 30 eggs moved onto the conveyor every 3 seconds. Sounds like a long time until you realize this is picking them up, lifting them 4", moving them about 2.5 feet, synchronizing to the conveyor, setting them down. and reversing all the above to get back to pick up the next 30. And not forgetting the fact that the machinery has to decelerate and accelerate at all end points... I'll be breaking some eggs fore shore..


Your reply here?

The Cellar Image of the Day is just a section of a larger web community: a bunch of interesting folks talking about everything. Add your two cents to IotD by joining the Cellar.