Undertoad Wednesday May 7 05:08 PM
5/7/2003: Microsoft iLoo
elSicomoro Wednesday May 7 05:14 PM
Man, all the cool shit starts in the UK...like the pop-out-of-the-ground toilets.
doc Wednesday May 7 05:16 PM
When and if these things ever see the light of day, I can see itl producing web sites devoted to mod'ing stolen parts.
xoxoxoBruce Wednesday May 7 06:47 PM
OMG! And you think the lines are too long now!
The Mad Hatter Wednesday May 7 07:38 PM
No story about toilets is complete without the <a href="http://www.theonion.com/onion3536/e_toilet.html">obligatory Onion reference</a>.
SubSub Thursday May 8 02:32 AM
The first thing that popped into my head was "Does Apple know about this - is this some sort of rip on iLife?" The second was - "Talk about gross keyboards."
Katkeeper Thursday May 8 07:09 AM
I have just one comment: eat more fiber...
Jacque Strapp Thursday May 8 12:46 PM
I guess this is the kind of stuff MS comes up with when they have no competitors to steal ideas from. On those unfortunate occasions when I'm forced to use a portable toilet, the LAST thing I want to do is spend MORE time inside of it!
tjennings Thursday May 8 01:42 PM
At least it gives Microsoft the ability to help spread biological as well as computer viruses (and other assorted microbes). It's a bug and a feature.
geneticfreak Thursday May 8 03:13 PM
Seeing how these are supposed to be put in 'music festivals', I do not imagine these potties lasting very long.
argonaut Thursday May 8 07:38 PM
as usual, MS is copying Apple
The Apple iToilet came first!
wolf Friday May 9 02:06 AM
Please oh please someone tell me that this is an internet hoax ...
juju Friday May 9 02:12 AM
What can I say? It's a really, really stupid idea. This is even further compounded by the fact that they added an 'i' to the front of the name just to make it sound cool and hip. Whoever did that should have something bad happen to them.
doc Friday May 9 11:34 AM
Ok, the official word from David Cole, an executive with MSN, is that this is a hoax and MSN had no plans for anything like this.
juju Friday May 9 12:32 PM
Faith? Faith?? PHhhwawahahahahahahahah!!!
doc Friday May 9 12:44 PM
Oh, but it's "Butter with a better fly"
juju Friday May 9 12:50 PM
Burned by Slashdot again. I think about 90% of their stories are outright false, and the other 10% are misleading.
dave Friday May 9 12:53 PM
Slashdot == fucktards. I only visit http://apple.slashdot.org now, and that's only because they occasionally have links to informative articles. Slashdot, on the whole, sucks.
Undertoad Friday May 9 01:20 PM
Well, if this is a fake, it's a well-embedded one; I checked news.google.com for stories on it before I posted the entry, and there were quite many of them. Amongst them is Wired, ZDNet, major newspapers.
juju Friday May 9 01:28 PM
Hmm.. there's even a story about it on microsoft's site.
doc Friday May 9 01:45 PM
Hmm, now that link is interesting juju. I'm researching what I can internally now.
Undertoad Tuesday May 13 11:01 AM
Now, a week later, MS UK is saying that they did it as a hoax.
doc Tuesday May 13 11:56 AM
Even within some of the internal MS mailing lists there was TOO much speculation whether it was a hoax or not. Here's a link I found stating it's a hoax
Undertoad Tuesday May 13 09:29 PM
And now it reverses AGAIN! It wasn't a hoax, but now it's cancelled. MS itself said it was a hoax when it actually wasn't. The whole thing is a PR mess: