Visit the Cellar!

The Cellar Image of the Day is just a section of a larger web community: bright folks talking about everything. The Cellar is the original coffeeshop with no coffee and no shop. Founded in 1990, The Cellar is one of the oldest communities on the net. Join us at the table if you like!

 
What's IotD?

The interesting, amazing, or mind-boggling images of our days.

IotD Stuff

ARCHIVES - over 13 years of IotD!
About IotD
RSS2
XML

Permalink Latest Image

May 29th, 2017: Make Money At Home

Recent Images

May 28th, 2017: Big Sur Slide
May 27th, 2017: China Moon
May 26th, 2017: Eurasian Beavers
May 25th, 2017: Snowmobile
May 24th, 2017: International Cryptozoology Museum
May 23rd, 2017: Sutro Baths
May 22nd, 2017: Ivy Oak

The CELLAR Tip Mug
Some folks who have noticed IotD

Neatorama
Worth1000
Mental Floss
Boing Boing
Switched
W3streams
GruntDoc's Blog
No Quarters
Making Light
darrenbarefoot.com
GromBlog
b3ta
Church of the Whale Penis
UniqueDaily.com
Sailor Coruscant
Projectionist

Link to us and we will try to find you after many months!

Common image haunts

Astro Pic of the Day
Earth Sci Pic of the Day
We Make Money Not Art
Spluch
ochevidec.net
Strange New Products
Geisha Asobi Blog
Cute animals blog (in Russian)
20minutos.es
Yahoo Most Emailed

Please avoid copyrighted images (or get permission) when posting!

Advertising

Philadelphia Pawn Shop
The best real estate agent in Montgomery County
The best T.38 Fax provider
Epps Beverages and Beer, Limerick, PA
Sal's Pizza, Elkins Park
Burholme Auto Body, Philadelphia
Coles Tobacco, Pottstown
ERM Auto Service, Glenside
Glenside Collision
Moorehead Catering, Trappe
Salon 153, Bala
Dominicks Auto Body, Phoenixville

   Undertoad  Sunday Sep 7 01:31 PM

9/7/2003: Sea of Harleys



There were a bunch of images this week of the bikers in Milwaukee for Harley-Davidson's 100th anniversary. This was the best I saw: this pack is in parking lots preparing for their parade of 10,000 motorcycles.



xoxoxoBruce  Sunday Sep 7 02:26 PM

That's about $250,000,000......plus another $100,000 for helmets.



LUVBUGZ  Sunday Sep 7 02:37 PM

Boy, that's a shit load of Harley's. I'd hate to be there when those things take off since I almost go deaf when one passes me on the road. Kinda like an F-14 doing a fly by at 100 ft altitude.



Dagney  Sunday Sep 7 03:47 PM

WooHoo, and they'll be here in York later this month for the Annual Openhouse

I'll be prepared to fight the urge to buy one Sorta!



Leah  Sunday Sep 7 06:34 PM

Boy would I ever hate to be the one who accidentally dropped my bike at the end and caused a domino effect. Run like crazy.



xoxoxoBruce  Sunday Sep 7 07:05 PM

No problem Leah. It's just a bunch of middle age farts pretending to be marlon Brando. They'd never catch you.



Leah  Sunday Sep 7 07:07 PM

How funny would that be then. They would probably have their walking sticks out ready to swing a hit at me. Good on them.



richlevy  Sunday Sep 7 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Leah
Boy would I ever hate to be the one who accidentally dropped my bike at the end and caused a domino effect. Run like crazy.
I was in Key West when this idiot started up his scooter, lost control, and crashed into 3 other scooters parked in front of him. Everyone gave him disgusted looks. I told him he should be glad the Hell's Angels don't ride scooters.


xoxoxoBruce  Sunday Sep 7 08:04 PM

Heh, heh, heh



gossard187  Sunday Sep 7 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LUVBUGZ
Boy, that's a shit load of Harley's. I'd hate to be there when those things take off since I almost go deaf when one passes me on the road. Kinda like an F-14 doing a fly by at 100 ft altitude.
A couple F-14's flew real low over my house today, scared the heck out of my cat who was sitting in the open window at the time. Guess he doesn't see that too often. Fortunately the vertical blinds appear to still be intact.


arz  Sunday Sep 7 10:11 PM

Quote:
...this pack is in parking lots preparing for their parade of 10,000 motorcycles.
Unfortunately, only 3 were able to start and run long enough to complete the .25 mile long parade route.


xoxoxoBruce  Sunday Sep 7 10:25 PM

Now Arz, that's not nice.(giggle) Actually over the last dozen or so years they've gotten pretty reliable. I think it was the Jap electrics as well as the Evo motor that did that. They hardly leak oil any more too.



LUVBUGZ  Sunday Sep 7 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gossard187


A couple F-14's flew real low over my house today, scared the heck out of my cat who was sitting in the open window at the time. Guess he doesn't see that too often. Fortunately the vertical blinds appear to still be intact.
Thank God it didn't overload his little ticker I do a lot of environmental work on several military bases and I've almost dropped dead from a heart attack on more than one occasion from the fly-by's and such. I think March Air Reserve Base in Riverside, CA is the worst though. No matter how many times you hear them and you know their coming, your heart (and ears) literally hurt when they take off or fly by really low. Lucky you have vertical blinds, horizontal ones might not have fared so well


dynaryder  Tuesday Sep 9 09:26 AM

LUVBUGZ: go to Rolling Thunder(the Run to the Wall) in Wash DC some Memorial Day. We average about 100-120k bikes each year. The north parking lot at the Pentagon usually gets filled and it takes about 4hrs for everyone to get downtown. The sound is indescribable.

arz: 15.3k miles on my Twin Cam Dyna,8k of which was after I hopped it up over 100hp. Zero mechanical probs,no oil leakage. The Twin Cam motor is as reliable as anything from the land of the rising sun.



LUVBUGZ  Tuesday Sep 9 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dynaryder
LUVBUGZ: go to Rolling Thunder(the Run to the Wall) in Wash DC some Memorial Day. We average about 100-120k bikes each year. The north parking lot at the Pentagon usually gets filled and it takes about 4hrs for everyone to get downtown. The sound is indescribable.
Nice Ride Dyn. I'd like to do that sometime, but I live in San Diego so it would require a really long drive (expensive, considering gas prices, although not as bad once you get out of CA) or a plane ticket w/ car rental (expensive too). Anyhow, since I definitely pose no threat to the Jones', I can't afford such pleasures. I think I know what you mean about "indescribable sound".....the Winston Internationals come to mind or the Thunderboat Races on the Bay


xoxoxoBruce  Tuesday Sep 9 03:21 PM

Welcome to the Cellar Dyna. Who made the pipes?



OnyxCougar  Tuesday Sep 9 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LUVBUGZ
I do a lot of environmental work on several military bases and I've almost dropped dead from a heart attack on more than one occasion from the fly-by's and such. I think March Air Reserve Base in Riverside, CA is the worst though. No matter how many times you hear them and you know their coming, your heart (and ears) literally hurt when they take off or fly by really low.
I lived a stone's throw from March AFB in Riverside, Norton AFB in San Bernardino, RAFs Lakenheath, Alconbury and Mildenhall in England, and Nellis AFB in Vegas. I once heard the noise described as "The Sound of Freedom". It made it somewhat easier to bear. And I got used to it. When I moved farther from the base in Vegas, I was kind of edgy at first, and I didn't know why....then I realized I wasn't hearing the jets. I'm a recovering jet-wash addict, I guess....


dynaryder  Tuesday Sep 9 07:17 PM

Bruce: Vance & Hines Pro-Pipe. Sounds good,but a touch loud. I tend to mind the neighbors and take it easy on the throttle,even if they can't returm the favor with their car stereos and alarms. :-P



xoxoxoBruce  Tuesday Sep 9 07:19 PM

Just tell them to wear helmets.



LUVBUGZ  Wednesday Sep 10 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar


I lived a stone's throw from March AFB in Riverside, Norton AFB in San Bernardino, RAFs Lakenheath, Alconbury and Mildenhall in England, and Nellis AFB in Vegas. I once heard the noise described as "The Sound of Freedom". It made it somewhat easier to bear. And I got used to it. When I moved farther from the base in Vegas, I was kind of edgy at first, and I didn't know why....then I realized I wasn't hearing the jets. I'm a recovering jet-wash addict, I guess....
Really Onyx, you're probably the closest I've come to a Cellarite in person, most everybody else seems to live on the east coast. I've never worked on or near Norton, but have done a lot of work near Nellis. That wasn't bad at all though because they never got too close because the work I was monitoring followed a powerline road. It was neat near Nellis because the Thunderbirds practiced their maneuvers daily so it was like getting a free sky show every day. When I worked on March I was actually right on the flight line so it was up close and personal. Loud, but still neat to see our boys up close.


Your reply here?

The Cellar Image of the Day is just a section of a larger web community: a bunch of interesting folks talking about everything. Add your two cents to IotD by joining the Cellar.