The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   they do it on purpose (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=17359)

Trilby 05-27-2008 06:57 AM

they do it on purpose

I clean my two cat litter boxes twice a-weekly. when they get PO'd (about day TWO--after i've scooped) they refused to bury their undead.

I am thinking of jihad on my cats.

Trilby 05-27-2008 06:58 AM

:turd: which stinks. a lot.

Sundae 05-27-2008 07:49 AM

Dylan used to hang around the kitchen while I changed the litter trays just so he could jump in and have a wee in the fresh litter. Even if he could only squeeze out a few drops.

But I never had any problem with them not burying.
They bury to removed traces of cat from the area and therefore protect themselves. You should be flattered your cats feel protected enough not to (I'm trying, I'm trying!)

The only suggestion I can make is perhaps change their food so their poop doesn't smell as bad...? Dyl would do one a week that would dtrip the paint from the walls, but once I switched them onto a fresh meat & bones diet they only seemed to do very hard, dry ones whic didn't smell. Bonus!

Shawnee123 05-27-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 457217)
I clean my two cat litter boxes twice a-weekly. when they get PO'd (about day TWO--after i've scooped) they refused to bury their undead.

I am thinking of jihad on my cats.

I can give you two more for the cause...'cause they're driving me bonkers.

DucksNuts 05-27-2008 10:57 PM

We are currently trying to teach Grimbley to use the human toilet.

Its not going so well, because I am never home to change the litter after he has pooped and apparently thats a big key to success.

Dingleschmutz 05-27-2008 10:59 PM

Fuck cats... Fuck pussy instead.

Cloud 05-27-2008 11:45 PM

of course they do it on purpose--they're not dumb, after all.

I'd not try to teach a cat to use the toilet. You can, but it requires a great deal of agility and determination (on the cat's part); and I would worry that when the cat gets elderly, it won't work, and then the poor thing would be even more disadvantaged.

DucksNuts 05-28-2008 01:09 AM

My last cat had no problems what-so-ever, he was 12 and we just put the kids booster stool there so he didnt have to jump.

Grim has the advantage where he has his own toilet, which we dont use, so I will leave the last training ring there. When he gets old, he can have the tray back, at the moment with full time work and two little kids, I would just prefer one less child to clean up after.

He will wee in there, but once he does a poo, he wont use it until I clean it and if I am not home....

Sundae 05-28-2008 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 457503)
We are currently trying to teach Grimbley to use the human toilet.

Its not going so well, because I am never home to change the litter after he has pooped and apparently thats a big key to success.

We haven't got any further with toilet training because Diz will go outside in the warm dry weather. As the system is litter based to start with, we just have a clean litter tray in the bathroom. I'd be happy to keep it this way - litter tray in house for occasional use, but HM objects to that. Or at least did the last time we discussed it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 457513)
I'd not try to teach a cat to use the toilet. You can, but it requires a great deal of agility and determination (on the cat's part); and I would worry that when the cat gets elderly, it won't work, and then the poor thing would be even more disadvantaged.

I have see far greater feats of agility on a daily basis from Diz. Of course when he gets old, I'll change back to a litter tray if needed. Many people go back to litter trays when they have older cats who no longer want to go out.

Dingleschmutz 05-28-2008 09:59 AM

I do it on purpose.

HungLikeJesus 05-28-2008 05:32 PM

Flipper does it on porpoise.