The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-27-2008, 06:57 AM   #1
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

they do it on purpose

I clean my two cat litter boxes twice a-weekly. when they get PO'd (about day TWO--after i've scooped) they refused to bury their undead.

I am thinking of jihad on my cats.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:58 AM   #2
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

which stinks. a lot.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:49 AM   #3
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Dylan used to hang around the kitchen while I changed the litter trays just so he could jump in and have a wee in the fresh litter. Even if he could only squeeze out a few drops.

But I never had any problem with them not burying.
They bury to removed traces of cat from the area and therefore protect themselves. You should be flattered your cats feel protected enough not to (I'm trying, I'm trying!)

The only suggestion I can make is perhaps change their food so their poop doesn't smell as bad...? Dyl would do one a week that would dtrip the paint from the walls, but once I switched them onto a fresh meat & bones diet they only seemed to do very hard, dry ones whic didn't smell. Bonus!
Old 05-27-2008, 01:28 PM   #4
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
I clean my two cat litter boxes twice a-weekly. when they get PO'd (about day TWO--after i've scooped) they refused to bury their undead.

I am thinking of jihad on my cats.
I can give you two more for the cause...'cause they're driving me bonkers.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:57 PM   #5
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

We are currently trying to teach Grimbley to use the human toilet.

Its not going so well, because I am never home to change the litter after he has pooped and apparently thats a big key to success.

Last edited by DucksNuts; 05-27-2008 at 11:03 PM.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:59 PM   #6
Dingleschmutz
is not a palindrome...

Fuck cats... Fuck pussy instead.
Dingleschmutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:45 PM   #7
Cloud

of course they do it on purpose--they're not dumb, after all.

I'd not try to teach a cat to use the toilet. You can, but it requires a great deal of agility and determination (on the cat's part); and I would worry that when the cat gets elderly, it won't work, and then the poor thing would be even more disadvantaged.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:09 AM   #8
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

My last cat had no problems what-so-ever, he was 12 and we just put the kids booster stool there so he didnt have to jump.

Grim has the advantage where he has his own toilet, which we dont use, so I will leave the last training ring there. When he gets old, he can have the tray back, at the moment with full time work and two little kids, I would just prefer one less child to clean up after.

He will wee in there, but once he does a poo, he wont use it until I clean it and if I am not home....
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:25 AM   #9
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksNuts View Post
We are currently trying to teach Grimbley to use the human toilet.

Its not going so well, because I am never home to change the litter after he has pooped and apparently thats a big key to success.
We haven't got any further with toilet training because Diz will go outside in the warm dry weather. As the system is litter based to start with, we just have a clean litter tray in the bathroom. I'd be happy to keep it this way - litter tray in house for occasional use, but HM objects to that. Or at least did the last time we discussed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
I'd not try to teach a cat to use the toilet. You can, but it requires a great deal of agility and determination (on the cat's part); and I would worry that when the cat gets elderly, it won't work, and then the poor thing would be even more disadvantaged.
I have see far greater feats of agility on a daily basis from Diz. Of course when he gets old, I'll change back to a litter tray if needed. Many people go back to litter trays when they have older cats who no longer want to go out.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:59 AM   #10
Dingleschmutz
is not a palindrome...

I do it on purpose.
Dingleschmutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:32 PM   #11
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Flipper does it on porpoise.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote