The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-11-2004, 12:52 PM   #1
Carbonated_Brains
Does it show up here when I type?

THIS IS ABSOLUTE PROOF THAT SOCIETY IS INSANE

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._st/food_fight

Inciting a riot. For a sixth grade food fight.

What the FUCK.
Carbonated_Brains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 01:13 PM   #2
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Zero tolerance.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 01:22 PM   #3
Slartibartfast
|-0-| <-0-> |-0-|

same thing in a college would cause the riot police to come in and fire tear gas and rubber bullets.
Slartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 01:28 PM   #4
wolf
lobber of scimitars

We had a food fight at my college, as a protest against the bad cafeteria food.

I attended, but did not fling food.

No tear gas, but the cops were ready in full riot gear. (The time and place had been announced well in advance and posted all around the campus.)

The image of a cop in full gear, bullet proof vest, nightstick, and all, with creamed corn running down the faceplace of his helmet will remain with me forever.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 06-11-2004, 01:47 PM   #5
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

[quote]
"The incident began at West Side Middle School after a girl dumped a fruit cup over a boy's head, police said."

*snickers* Sorry. :p

Wow things sure have changed. Now kids get arrested for food fights. Zero tolerance indeed!

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 02:01 PM   #6
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Zero tolerance bites, especially if your teacher dislikes you as I experienced. The old Pentel mechnical pencils had a pin stuck in the eraser to clear lead jams and it was easily seen when you took out a worn-down eraser to replace it. My teacher caught it as she walked past, declared that I had fabricated a weapon, and I suddenly found myself being hauled to the office with the possibility of expulsion. A huge debate ensued and the only thing that saved me was a newly purchased, unopened package as proof that it was manufactured into the pencil and not something I added. A tiny, goddamn pin in a classroom that had sharp scissors available to anyone who wanted to cause harm to another student or faculty is not a valid reason for that type of reaction.

None of that would have happened if that teacher hadn't held a grudge against me. My opinion is that this new law is there almost certainly for abuse.

Ah, but school is a very different place, now, thanks to Littleton, CO. I revisited my old high school one recent day to find police carefully poking at an abandoned bookbag left outside the main building after classes had ended. We used to do that all the time as a signal to whoever was to pick you up that you were waiting for them and would return shortly. These days, they take it as a possible bomb threat and evacuate the area.

The world has gone mad.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 02:07 PM   #7
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Goddamn...the story posted by CB is hysterical.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 02:30 PM   #8
marichiko

When I went to Jr. High who ever was in charge of food procurement for the school cafeteria must have got the deal of a life time on kiwi's and lived to regret it. We were served these hard green kiwi's with nearly every lunch and, of course, we quickly discovered that while worthless as food, they made wonderful weapons. Not only did kids throw them at each other at lunch, they actually stockpiled them for later use. After school kiwi fights became quite the rage for a while. The fun ended abruptly one day when my 7 th grade math teacher was hit with a kiwi in the head when he turned his back to write an equation on the blackboard. The kid who did it (a member of the schools fledgling JD wanna be's group) was sent to the principle's office. Kiwi's disappeared from the menu and no police were called.
Old 06-12-2004, 01:29 AM   #9
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Wow. They didn't even have kiwi's in the food chain when I went to Junior High.

Old 06-12-2004, 12:44 PM   #10
marichiko

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
Wow. They didn't even have kiwi's in the food chain when I went to Junior High.
Most of us had never seen them either. It was strange really. They didn't become widely available in markets for sometime after that.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:52 AM   #11
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

hmm.. you remember the old vidoe game 'food fight'? just curious... i enaged in a number of down and out drag 'em in fisticuff food fights in highschool/jr.high. yeah uh no cops ever called... it just seems.. well... silly....uh it's a food fight, kids are silly like that.. i was. and they are going to be... uh what's to say? criminal charges? uh.. once we have a realistic education sysytem.. then we'll talk

ps. where's my tinfoil hat!