The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 06-19-2001, 03:28 AM   #1
jaguar
whig

Has anyone else here seen this film?
Does anyone else think it is the best poke at american society and media ever? And one of the most twisted movies in a long time....

I know it was released *months* ago in the US but its just out in australia and i saw it today...

Old 06-19-2001, 02:16 PM   #2
Chewbaccus
Freethinker/booter

I wanted to see it, but I never got around to it. It's out of the major theaters now, guess I'll have to wait for video.

~Mike
Old 06-19-2001, 11:07 PM   #3
alphageek31337
Enemy Combatant/Evildoer

I may have seen this, but today is one of those days where I'm confused by too many colors at one time, so if you could describe it for me, I'd probably still have no idea what you're talking about, but then again, I might.

Steve
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

---Friedrich Nietzsche
alphageek31337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 11:57 PM   #4
Xugumad
Punisher of Good Deeds

15 minutes

Hey.

To briefly inform:

"Fresh off the plane from Russia and the Czech republic, Emil (Karel Rodin) and Oleg (Oleg Taktarov) have come to New York City in search of money owed to them. When Oleg steals a camcorder to videotape their exploits, he unwittingly captures Emil murdering a former business partner and his wife. Beaming with pride over their murdering exploits, the two immigrants begin to sell their tapes to a seedy newscaster (Kelsey Grammer) who smells big ratings in airing the snuff films. On the case are arson investigator Jordy Warsaw (Edward Burns) and famed homicide detective Eddie Flemming (Robert DeNiro). They team up to track down the two killers as they leave bodies and big ratings in their wake."

It's apparently about "educating the masses on the dangers of the media and the fragility of the judicial system in America."

All taken from http://us.imdb.com/Title?0179626

Ta-ta,
X
Xugumad is offline   Reply With Quote